These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Need help starting out!! New to game!

Author
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#21 - 2012-05-06 18:05:12 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
yea well i have 3 characters and im gona delete them so i can do a fresh start wish it didn't take forever to delete.

I would suggest just starting a new account instead of deleting your characters. Don't waste all that SP.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-05-06 18:21:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Joran Dravius
Unless you don't like your name or how you look or something you don't need to restart. There's no skill cap. You can learn all the skills in the game to level 5 if you play long enough. The only thing training skills you don't want anymore does is increase your clone cost slightly.

Perramas wrote:
Just for you as a welcome back to EVE present, any amount of ISK you send me I will triple it and send it back to you.

This is your Eve entrance exam. If you fail you'll probably ragequit. If you pass, welcome to Eve. Lol
Barkaial Starfinder
Eixo do Mal
#23 - 2012-05-06 18:25:55 UTC
If you really want help, talk to me using the eve-mail.

And you absolutely don't need to erase any character.
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#24 - 2012-05-06 18:28:09 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
not really a good way to be in a community based game but i guess thats how some kids are even if their not kids its the mentality that shows their age, But whatever.

You seem to enjoy the usage of "but," perhaps you would be interested in my corporation.
Whitehound
#25 - 2012-05-06 18:31:21 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
Okay ive come back to the game but since ive come back but i can't get my bearing ...

I would love to make your bear ring...

In any case, mining is the most unloved profession, gets a lot of grief and CCP has not yet made any commitment to fixing it. I suggest you stay as far away from it as you can. Learn how to fight and join the Militia. The Militias seem to be getting some good love lately and should be getting more rewards soon. You will pick up everything else on the way.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-05-06 18:41:48 UTC
what is ur corp i need to narrow the field to find it
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#27 - 2012-05-06 18:44:01 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
what is ur corp i need to narrow the field to find it

I was only joking :P But my corporation is Belligerent Underpayed Tactical Team. (Yeah, it's misspelled.)
wiskyjack
New Eden Mining Organisation
The Craftsmen
#28 - 2012-05-06 18:45:00 UTC
The best thing you can do is join a corp that is part of an Alliance. That way you will get at aspects of eve at your fingertips, it doesn't have to be a low sec onethere are plenty of high sec alliances.

Just dont join goons
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-05-06 18:49:22 UTC
is there a corp as EVE University i hear their newbie friendly.
ctx2007
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-05-06 19:02:31 UTC
Seek me out in game if you wish Smile

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Luis Graca
#31 - 2012-05-06 19:41:39 UTC
Msgerbs wrote:
1)

3) Ignore the 12-year-olds chestbeating

Is there such a thing in EVE?
Sri Nova
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-05-06 19:43:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Sri Nova
Welcome back :)

i would hesitate on destroying your already created pod pilots. you mentioned one has a destroyer , this gives you a leg up over a freshly started pilot. but if you do want a fresh start i guess now is the perfect time since CCP is gifting a whole slew of implants that should make training skills go quicker.

If your seriously considering mining then look up a good mining corp or even a bad one either way it will beat mining solo .

look into eve uni or agony unleashed for some excellent eve training.

also jumping into the story arc missions is a good way to get into the game . im not sure how well they scale with a new player how ever .

another great thing in eve is the exploration route training the exploration skills can give you some diversity and can play in to mining, PvE, and or PvP depending on how you use it .

an over all guide line would be buff up your core skills by following the certification menu. Get some training by either agony or eve uni, earn a good sum of isk by either mining, missioning, or through exploration . after that is all accomplished im sure you will have several opportunities for some quite interesting adventures
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-05-06 19:53:27 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
is there a corp as EVE University i hear their newbie friendly.

Can't speak for E-uni. But then, you don't need a regimented corporation to learn the game again. In fact you can learn the game fairly well in a NPC corp assuming you're able to associate with people who genuinely want to help you and are capable of giving you good advice.

WIth that said....a good corp can catapult your learning processes to soaring heights. How to find that corp.....that's the conundrum. So, don't feel pressured to corp hop. In fact, you'll have a hard time getting a good corp if you have lots of short term employment history.

The best advice I can give you is ask people about the different game play within the Eve-verse, follow the ones that appeal to you. For me it was mining > missioning > ninja looting/salvaging > missioning > w-space! I came into the game wanting to mine with dreams of grandeur. I met a mentor, he talked me into missioning. Missioning was a bit slow so after hearing people talking about ninja salvaging I did that and took it to its absolutely limits of income potential. It was fun. I mixed in some mission running, got bored with that then formed up with a friend I had met from ninjaing his mission site ;) We went to w-space together and although we're no longer co-venturing, are still in w-space and still good friends. I would trust him with my Eve-life.

W-space is my end-game. That's really what you're attempting to find in Eve.....your end-game.

As for restarting your character? There is absolutely NO reason to do so in Eve. In fact, it's a waste of your time.

So, hope this helps. Feel free to eve-mail me in game with questions.

Don't ban me, bro!

Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-05-06 20:14:38 UTC
well i just sent a app to EVE University hopefully their still around if u have any other idea let me know. Also even though i had some less than helpfull here alot showed up and helped me alot.
Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-05-06 20:25:33 UTC
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
well i just sent a app to EVE University hopefully their still around if u have any other idea let me know. Also even though i had some less than helpfull here alot showed up and helped me alot.

I got a lot of help by joining Militia...due to spies, they aren't a trusting lot, but Gall Militia is free with helping new players by answering questions and giving general advice; they even offer PvP training, just may not bring you along with them until you prove yourself...only problem with that is it limits space you can safely travel too, and you are pretty much constantly Wardec'd so you need to be constantly on guard...but if you are playing to fight, that shouldn't be a problem anyway...

As for skills, if you are going to be fighting, can't go wrong with focusing on your core skills and the the skills for the Frigs/destroyers you will be starting out in...and the role you plan to play as a pilot (so if linebacker, focus on skills like Propulsion Jamming)...

James315 for CSM 8!

wicked cheese
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-05-06 20:25:57 UTC
eve uni is still around and a good group to join. as for goons they only scam people with something worth scamming; a new character wouldnt have the 500m application fee lol.

both have good teachers and tutorials as they handle ALOT of new players constantly, EVE-uni will be in highsec with occasional low/null roams. Goons will be in nullsec with player owned systems/stations and fight in massive battles, and jita. its hard to say which you will like more as you dont seem to know what you want to do in eve, but either would be much better than trying to learn the game alone.
Previous page12