These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Need help starting out!! New to game!

Author
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-05-06 17:14:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ravenstorm Shi
Okay ive come back to the game but since ive come back but i can't get my bearing i want to give the game a chance but if i can't some game plan i may end up quitting again. I need to know what skills to start with and route to go. Im willing to try mining or a fighter either one might be fun plz help. I wouldn't mind some pointers as far as race/bloodline faith/ancestors and ext.
T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-05-06 17:17:34 UTC
Simply put? Quit before you get hurt.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-06 17:19:55 UTC
really being a jerk is ur answer thats lame.
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-05-06 17:21:17 UTC
you should learn to expect that

I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-05-06 17:23:32 UTC
not really a good way to be in a community based game but i guess thats how some kids are even if their not kids its the mentality that shows their age, But whatever.
Pilot Error Randomize
Playboy Enterprises
Dark Taboo
#6 - 2012-05-06 17:27:45 UTC
Some people have huge problems leaving their ****** persona inside the game. When someone comes on the forums and geniunely asks for help and you literally attempt to turn them away from the game. Is really lame. Each new person joining is helping the game. Its pathetic that they responded that way to you.

As for help, I myself have only been playing about a month. my suggestion is do all the First Agent missions which give you a brief explanation on mining, killing rats (npc pirates), and hauling. As far as skills, Best advice I can give is to get the quick stuff out of the way first. Hopefully someone with more experience will come by and help without the child factor.

-You're not a pirate. You're a Griefing Carebear.

Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-05-06 17:31:24 UTC
yea well i have 3 characters and im gona delete them so i can do a fresh start wish it didn't take forever to delete.
Perramas
DreddNaut
#8 - 2012-05-06 17:33:35 UTC
Just for you as a welcome back to EVE present, any amount of ISK you send me I will triple it and send it back to you.

I would not delete my characters if they have any amount of skill points. Its a waste to retrain skills you already have trained. Put your characters on http://eveboard.com/ and post a link here to them and we can give you some pointers on how to make them better.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people- Eleanor Roosevelt

Msgerbs
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-05-06 17:34:00 UTC
1) Do all the tutorial missions

2) Don't trust anybody

3) Ignore the 12-year-olds chestbeating

4) Find a good corp, join them.
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-05-06 17:34:39 UTC
i have a character with a destroyer but i have no idea on how i got to that point.
BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#11 - 2012-05-06 17:35:40 UTC
PvP is the more dynamic (and more difficult) aspect of the game. Unless you're really into blaping rocks for hours and hours, I suggest fighting.

Go minmatar (or anyone else really, but minmatar seems to be the FOTM) and join a player corp/alliance. Try some Agony Empire classes, or join RvB. If you're not into either of those, find any lowsec/nullsec alliance that'll recruit you and start blapping other players.
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-05-06 17:36:51 UTC
Just remember once you get the tutorials ran and start embarking into the dark world of Eve avoid running against factions so you do not lose standing this way you can visit the other areas if you are not happy where you are at. Just be careful joining Corps they can be just as bad as the forums but there are some good ones out there.

and avoid the GOONs they love scamming folks
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-05-06 17:37:43 UTC
im trying atm finding a corp but not easy need to find what core skills to go with and such but gona remake once some final delete
Dapud
#14 - 2012-05-06 17:38:37 UTC
YOU LOOK SOFT. LIKE BABY.
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-06 17:42:19 UTC
Join the Dark Side.

We have the best Newbie program in the game and unlike most of the other shitheads that play this game we actually love new players. :shobon:
Ravenstorm Shi
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-05-06 17:44:27 UTC
hmm i was gona go maybe one of the other 2 middle race seemed odd but okay.
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-05-06 17:45:24 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=257

Also use this forum and you will probably get less trolls.
maniac69uk
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-05-06 17:45:53 UTC
welcome back to eve! Just ignore the trolls and idiots (although how you tell them apart is anyones guess)

If you can catch me online I'll be happy to offer any advice or support I can.
Aron Croup
Incompatible Protocol
#19 - 2012-05-06 18:03:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Aron Croup
Ravenstorm Shi wrote:
Okay ive come back to the game but since ive come back but i can't get my bearing i want to give the game a chance but if i can't some game plan i may end up quitting again. I need to know what skills to start with and route to go. Im willing to try mining or a fighter either one might be fun plz help. I wouldn't mind some pointers as far as race/bloodline faith/ancestors and ext.

As has been mentioned, getting into a player corporation is paramount. Not only is it where most of the fun is, but many player corporations have great tutorials and a friendly attitude towards teaching newbies.

Here's a few simple points:

• Try before you buy - EVE has many careers and you can sample most with just a few days worth of skill training.
  • Be humble, accept that you can't learn it all in a day or a week. I've played for 9 years and I'm still learning.
  • Realize that things that might be boring if you do them alone can be quite fun when done with others.
  • Once you start getting a feel for what you enjoy most, seek out a player corp that does those activities.
  • Be wary of scammers and griefers. Take precautions to avoid them, and if they do get you, don't let it ruin your fun.
  • Accept losses as a part of EVE and don't be too afraid of taking risks.

Finally, don't let people on these forums get you down. There's a very loud minority of bad apples in EVE, but the majority of us are actually fairly nice people. Once you get comfortable in a good corporation you'll be amazed at the loyalty, generosity and even friendship one can find there.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#20 - 2012-05-06 18:03:49 UTC
Mine :)

12Next page