These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why force your play style on others?

Author
Son IamaDerp
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2012-05-05 00:52:35 UTC
Why not for your playstyle on others. It's a sandbox after all. Sandboxs needs to have someone building their lovely sandcastles up and when all is well, it needs someone to come along to kick it down.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#142 - 2012-05-05 01:25:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Cloned S0ul
+1 For OP, actualy 90% topic looks like (we living in 0.0 space) and you are empie scum etc) join us dont be stupid we tell you how to play we know what is good for you and you are 100% wrong, join us and start train awesome dreadnoughts! because they so cool ;) while some people love alarm cloks, CTA, blobs, roams, pos bashing and kb stats farming, other hate this part.

People should try pvp in large or small scale but dont force them to play like you want.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#143 - 2012-05-05 02:45:49 UTC
Cloned S0ul wrote:
+1 For OP, actualy 90% topic looks like (we living in 0.0 space) and you are empie scum etc) join us dont be stupid we tell you how to play we know what is good for you and you are 100% wrong, join us and start train awesome dreadnoughts! because they so cool ;) while some people love alarm cloks, CTA, blobs, roams, pos bashing and kb stats farming, other hate this part.

People should try pvp in large or small scale but dont force them to play like you want.

What does this mean? Even if I suicide you, you haven't been forced into anything.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#144 - 2012-05-05 02:50:40 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Cloned S0ul wrote:

What does this mean? Even if I suicide you, you haven't been forced into anything.

She's rather been forced out of something.

Heh.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#145 - 2012-05-05 02:54:12 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:
Cloned S0ul wrote:

She's rather been forced out of something.

Heh.

On a fleet op right now.

Nearly spit coke on the monitor.

How inconvenient would that have been?!?

+1!

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

ohno riceagain
Too Drunk Export Services Inc.
#146 - 2012-05-05 03:11:18 UTC
I'm mad bro, I'm mad that you cant see the errors of your lawless ways

I like hi sec

I dont like low sec/null sec

I mine, and I mission run in safeness

Me has fat wallet

You don't like way we do this, then you leave low sec and come hi sec and play safeness too (long time).

We welcome all of our low sec brethern that hate their souless lives that serve no purpose in low sec other than too assuage CCP tools to make roids better in low sec.

james 315? another tool of the CCP machine to convince you that low sec is the place to be.

really? look at the numbers. if 70% of the player base is in hi sec, why the baseless attempt by CCP to move peeps to low sec?

If that's where the fun and profits were, don't you think we would already be there?

Us hi seccers are nerds and tools yes, but we ARE EVE.

Low sec is the flushed garbage that cant socialize with the rest of the universe

You have been cast out to the depths of space to flail away at each other in a useless attempt to redeem yourselves.

Come back to the light, mine with us, manufacture with us, get passive income with us and have CCP GOONwave give you glorious attention.

Its evident that we ARE EVE in that CCP pays so much attention to us.

Mom never loved me like this....

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#147 - 2012-05-05 05:45:11 UTC
Most Null Bear smack talk is compensating. They need to justify all the time they sunk building a Dot map on a web site. Considering we really don't give twoshits and never go there, they need to come out to us to strut their napkin filled trainer bra's.

I've spent time in all 'Sec' levels of EVE and the only difference is in the bills. .aka how much time you are forced to PvE to keep it going.
Kietay Ayari
Caldari State
#148 - 2012-05-05 05:50:52 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
You fly in low and null sec that is the risk you as the player wished to make- you chose to do it, nobody twisted your arm. So stop trying to twist others arms because you chose a different play style.

The fun of the game is to twist other people's arms. It is to create and build power, and then use it to destroy others. The fact that effort and ability are rewarded while stagnation is punished is what is appealing about the game.

It is also hypocritical of you to tell others not to force their playstyle on people while you are telling them their playstyle of exploding people in highsec is not valid. I agree no one should force their playstyle. They are doing their thing, do not complain if it happens to interact with yours.

Ferox #1

RAP ACTION HERO
#149 - 2012-05-05 06:11:34 UTC
ohno riceagain wrote:
I'm mad bro, I'm mad that you cant see the errors of your lawless ways

I like hi sec

I dont like low sec/null sec

I mine, and I mission run in safeness

Me has fat wallet

You don't like way we do this, then you leave low sec and come hi sec and play safeness too (long time).

We welcome all of our low sec brethern that hate their souless lives that serve no purpose in low sec other than too assuage CCP tools to make roids better in low sec.

james 315? another tool of the CCP machine to convince you that low sec is the place to be.

really? look at the numbers. if 70% of the player base is in hi sec, why the baseless attempt by CCP to move peeps to low sec?

If that's where the fun and profits were, don't you think we would already be there?

Us hi seccers are nerds and tools yes, but we ARE EVE.

Low sec is the flushed garbage that cant socialize with the rest of the universe

You have been cast out to the depths of space to flail away at each other in a useless attempt to redeem yourselves.

Come back to the light, mine with us, manufacture with us, get passive income with us and have CCP GOONwave give you glorious attention.

Its evident that we ARE EVE in that CCP pays so much attention to us.

Mom never loved me like this....

heh you thought your post was so good you had to make a locked thread about it?
idiot

vitoc erryday

Freggan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#150 - 2012-05-05 08:01:12 UTC
The OP only went half way to being right, who gives a @#$% about your style of play but you have to understand, many styles and many interests reside in the same place and they even overlap!!!! Its perfectly natural.....just like its natural to wish there was a button in eve that deletes the wining pvpers who come at a mining ship guns a blazing....curses the mining ship for being week and how they must be cowardly because they were just snuck up on and more than likely after alot of study by the pvpers to make sure no friends/corp mates are in local.... get my picture? If anyone wanted to pvp its only natural, just why are there so many that seem like they would be using cubes of painted wood to build little towers if they were not playing eve?

P.s. I have been destroyed in null sec by a group of players when i went scanning their territories, i even left their territories with more ships than I went in with :P. Was so very exciting. Especially the part where they said "good fight" in local.
Corny Flakes
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#151 - 2012-05-05 09:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Corny Flakes
A logical reason besides the generall lust to destroy is profits.

1)Marketmanipulation: By keeping miners from mining certain minerals or ice or whatnot, big alliances & corps can make A LOT of money. It also increases the cost of dem mining ships, so if you know something big is going to happen like lets say Hulkageddon you can make some nice profit building, buying and selling dem minerships or certain minerals and lots of other stuff at the right time.

The fact that highsec mining 'potentially' influences the profit of corps and alliances in many ways makes them a target. This is part of the sandbox system. You may not like it but you influence mineral prices, thus have impact on every single player in the game which in turn they may not like or abuse to increase their wealth.

2) It can be extremely profitable suiciding miners if you know what you are dooing.

The reason for this is that great numbers of miners are not hard to find in highsec. They are not prepared for an attack, they don't expect trouble and they fly ships worth gold sometimes. This makes them much easier prey than low or nullsec miners who may have friends waiting to kill you or may even react fast enough to survive and in addition are not as easy to find.
betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#152 - 2012-05-05 09:59:49 UTC  |  Edited by: betoli
Its not a question of whether peoples play style should be protected, its a question of whether the risk/reward of certain play styles is imbalanced.

Personally I think miners have some imbalance as compared to mission runners - we have not seen a mission-runner-geddon have we? Why is that? Could it be that missioning platforms (cheaper than hulks) are extremely hard to gank, whilst delivering greater rewards (current mineral price changes asside) from a non-market driven isk faucet? Why are highsec mission runners so confident of undocking in 2 billion faction fit ships - they get 24 hour notice before anyone can kersplode them - in contrast a hulk miner gets about 5 seconds.

All game play styles should have similar risk/reward balance. No one should be immune, but everyone should have a level playing field.
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#153 - 2012-05-05 10:12:41 UTC
The reason is: It forces interaction between players. Im told this is a good thing.

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#154 - 2012-05-05 11:49:08 UTC
betoli wrote:
Its not a question of whether peoples play style should be protected, its a question of whether the risk/reward of certain play styles is imbalanced.

Personally I think miners have some imbalance as compared to mission runners - we have not seen a mission-runner-geddon have we? Why is that? Could it be that missioning platforms (cheaper than hulks) are extremely hard to gank, whilst delivering greater rewards (current mineral price changes asside) from a non-market driven isk faucet? Why are highsec mission runners so confident of undocking in 2 billion faction fit ships - they get 24 hour notice before anyone can kersplode them - in contrast a hulk miner gets about 5 seconds.

I'm sure you could kill a 2 billion faction fit ship if you attacked at the right time. They won't necessarily be fit for that much tank if they're made for earning ISK. But that would require more planning and effort. Ganking hulks is way easier.
Meat Explosion
The Incontinent Dog and Pony Rodeo
#155 - 2012-05-05 16:35:51 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Meat Explosion wrote:
Because this annoying thread exists, I shall kill a miner in OP's honor. YOU SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!!!!

I shall make a toast in your honor brave soul.

Because I am a man of my word:

shooty

Why do you make me do these things? I dont like to listen to the voices in my head. They tell me to kill miners, but I resist. WHY DO YOU MAKE ME DO THESE THINGS???
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#156 - 2012-05-05 16:41:33 UTC
ohno riceagain wrote:
Because the numbers don't show that 70% of the player base is in highsec. They show that 70% of the characters are in highsec, which can quite easily be interpreted as only 30-40% of the players being in highsec.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#157 - 2012-05-05 16:45:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Because the numbers don't show that 70% of the player base is in highsec. They show that 70% of the characters are in highsec, which can quite easily be interpreted as only 30-40% of the players being in highsec.

Travel through hisec and every system is full of people. Travel through 0.0 and it's largely empty.

Can't explain that.

Oh, wait, you can. Most of the players are in hisec.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#158 - 2012-05-05 16:46:13 UTC
betoli wrote:
missioning platforms (cheaper than hulks) [...] undocking in 2 billion faction fit ships

tell me all about 2bn hulks

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#159 - 2012-05-05 16:47:03 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Travel through hisec and every system is full of people. Travel through 0.0 and it's largely empty.

Can't explain that.

Oh, wait, you can. Most of the players are in hisec.

I've seen much larger numbers in local channels in 0.0 than in Jita.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#160 - 2012-05-05 16:48:09 UTC
Andski wrote:
I've seen much larger numbers in local channels in 0.0 than in Jita.

Sure, for the occasional blob war.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi