These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

A New Eve? please vote

Author
Not Amused Responsible
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-05-04 14:49:52 UTC
Peoples class, intellect or place of origin should be a factor, in the real world your feedback makes a difference, but at the moment your voices are just echoes, maybe the Mittani was right for CSM?
Did CSM vote him off or give him a warning? The voting system is a game mechanic and should be implemented into the bigger picture.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#22 - 2012-05-04 14:59:38 UTC
Not Amused Responsible wrote:
Peoples class, intellect or place of origin should be a factor, in the real world your feedback makes a difference, but at the moment your voices are just echoes, maybe the Mittani was right for CSM?
Did CSM vote him off or give him a warning? The voting system is a game mechanic and should be implemented into the bigger picture.

Your confusion seems to stem from your belief that the CSM tells CCP what to do, and that this should be carried over to the population at large directly by means of a voting system. This is not the case.

The CSM collects information on what the EVE community would like to see happen, if technically possible, and presents that information.
CCP then lets them know if it is a possiblilty, and if it conflicts with other design goals that they have.

CCP presents idea's that they would like to impliment and gets direct (and most importantly, informed) feed back on those concepts from a players point of view... in a controlled environment where an NDA can be in effect to protect thier business interests.
The CSM supplies that feed back in a confidentail setting.

None of the above would be possible (in any form of constructive way) in a community wide voting situation, and would put CCP at a severe disadvantage in the gaming industry.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
#23 - 2012-05-04 15:03:41 UTC
I want a new eve, and it should be cellshaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-1BcznOqI

www.shipsofeve.com

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#24 - 2012-05-04 15:04:35 UTC
This game is CCP's baby, and I think they do already go the extra mile to try and include players in the development process.

Look around at Blizzard and Bioware...they don't do this at all.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-05-04 15:06:58 UTC
posting in a thread where people express lots of feelings.
Not Amused Responsible
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-05-04 15:09:41 UTC
That’s a great point and I voted at the last CSM but I must have failed to check the box where it allows me too receive their newsletter with recent communications and results.
I should correct that asap

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#27 - 2012-05-04 15:16:14 UTC
Not Amused Responsible wrote:
That’s a great point and I voted at the last CSM but I must have failed to check the box where it allows me too receive their newsletter with recent communications and results.
I should correct that asap

Or check the appropriate section of the forums.

Much of what the CSM is asked to look at can not be openly shared with the EVE community. That which can be shared in advance often has to be done in very general terms.

CCP is a business, not a democracy. Like any good business they employ mechanisms to gauge what their customer like/dislike/would like, and this is becoming more effective as time goes by... but any business in a competetive industry (espcially the game industry) can NOT reveal too much before release.

If they did, we would soon not have EVE around to enjoy.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-05-04 15:25:49 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
i think you have this game confused with something you own.

truth

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Not Amused Responsible
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-05-04 15:26:07 UTC
As a business owner I understand your point and I’m sure Mcdonalds would agree with you too, its all about customer care and welfare, CCP are A-ok in my book, that’s why I subscribe Big smile but alas not every one agrees
Not Amused Responsible
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-05-04 21:37:40 UTC
I was surprised that the Lego rifter only just scraped the 10k votes required maybe it would be another cash cow for CCP to get their games out to a wider audience but it seems that nobody knows how to vote!, my vote counted, I’m guessing the large customer basis of CCP wants to remain sedentary.
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-05-04 21:43:26 UTC
Not everyone likes lego although I never had any as a kid so maybe just me.
Mindseamstress
Jovian Labs
Jovian Enterprises
#32 - 2012-05-04 23:22:32 UTC
Francisco Bizzaro wrote:
[quote=Not Amused Responsible]

For the Blues CCP keep on making game mechanics and decide the future of the game with out a ballot box, all changes to Eve can be decided with out consulting Eve clients.
CCP can do what they like.

For the Reds: To further CSM, Eve clients help write the rules and how the game mechanics work with a ballot box, so that any changes from CCP need the correct number of votes from clients, so that every body gets a say just like an Eve corporation or Alliance this would help the game evolve completely into a sandbox situation where anything can change maybe even who gets to be a Dev or Gm.

... because voting on game design will ensure that no-one is ever disgruntled again. Just like in real democracies. And that's why so many successful companies are run that way.

Most brilliant games I can think of have had no player influence whatsoever. By pleasing everybody you take away the meaning of a game tbh
Sid Hudgens
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-05-04 23:26:51 UTC
I vote that people with years of experience creating enjoyable and challenging video games should design my video games.

"....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced."

Not Amused Responsible
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-05-05 09:47:08 UTC
Well I don’t think there’s much more can be said, I can see that CCP’s popularity is overwhelming , I know they get my vote, CCP if your listening, just a reminder, your make the rules and your are masters of all that you survey.
Jaruselka Thorne
311. Bomber squadron
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#35 - 2012-05-05 10:57:03 UTC
This is CCPs game not ours, we just play in it.
Nate Hill
Rocket No. 9
#36 - 2012-05-05 11:45:40 UTC
Graic Gabtar wrote:
**** I hate communists.

Actually in China people also have the right to vote.
I‘m now 28 and I voted only once when I was at university.There was only one candidate on the ballot and I never know who he is...

I prefer red to blue for democracy and freedom.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#37 - 2012-05-05 11:49:27 UTC
Graic Gabtar wrote:
Polly Oxford wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
I know of zero successful alliances where "everyone has a say".

Valve.

Edit: Thought you said companies.
LOL.

You've never spent any time in Valve obviously.

Valve is completely horizontal. No job descriptions and no bosses.
Erad Stomper
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-05-05 13:01:46 UTC
All the democarcy in the world isnt working, the politicians are all corrupt to the bone and money control everyting and you want this kind of system for EVE are you crazy or dumb?

We dont want eve to become a Plutocracy.
Luis Graca
#39 - 2012-05-05 14:11:16 UTC
Instead of spend time with this carp go mine belts in high-sec
Half Cocked
Munitions Manufacturing Materiel System
#40 - 2012-05-05 14:34:34 UTC
As long as anyone who goes BLUE understands that I'll be hunting them, it's fine by me.
Because we all know it all comes down to either Red or Blue.

Wait.... it's not an RvB thread. Meh, shoot em all!

Red Fed, Best Fed!
Previous page123Next page