These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

War Dec, Kill Reports and New Modules discussion

First post First post
Author
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#221 - 2012-05-04 07:32:12 UTC
Wolodymyr wrote:
So about the new wardeck costs.
http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/20120503020931.jpeg

I guess Burn Jita is the last time we'll ever see anyone fighting goons in highsec again.


Oh my god, what the hell?

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Sutha Moliko
Giza'Msafara
#222 - 2012-05-04 08:00:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Sutha Moliko
Ohh Yeah wrote:
Prometheus Exenthal wrote:
THAT is a terrible idea & would be broken.
I'll just leave you guys to think about why.


You're right, there's a good chance you could fit multiple of them and keep it up infinitely.

What about the module having a 1 minute cycle timer, but giving you ~40% of your shields back? It wouldn't be active tanking, but would be something of a compliment to passive tanking I guess.


Sound pretty nice.
Ninja edit : There is a scaling problem with a raw 40% shield back according to total HP shield. Imagine a Naglfar with 40% shield back in an second ? Ok there is no Capital Ancillary SB

Side note : It seems, even with the Auto-realod on, that the module continues to work. It is only when you cut the SB that the reload start and lock the SB. A change session cut also the reload and allow to activate the Ancillary SB.

60 seconds reload is maybe too long ? Let say 30sec but only one ancillary can be fitted ?
Terza Torre
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#223 - 2012-05-04 08:16:23 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Drone damage module - We were *very* conservative with the initial numbers and fully expected to up them from the 9/12% they currently are. So we will probably improve them in the near future (stats and/or CPU). But they will remain a low slot module.

War cost - remember that the changed version is NOT YET on Sisi, what is on Sisi right now is the original, old changes we implemented before Fanfest. Expect new version tomorrow.

CPU rigs - We'll take a look at the calibration cost, as there was a bit of debate on which way to go - we took the conservative approach, but might consider lowering it.


Drone dmg mod low slot: that's an error, no one uses drones boats and dps cannons, if you put that low slot the mod will be useless, high slot at the place of one cannon is the right way to go.

Please don't make new mods useless!!!!

My 2 cents, TT
malaire
#224 - 2012-05-04 08:20:59 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Wolodymyr wrote:
So about the new wardeck costs.
http://d35dgn2pdc8wsn.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/20120503020931.jpeg

I guess Burn Jita is the last time we'll ever see anyone fighting goons in highsec again.


Oh my god, what the hell?

CCP has already said that formula has been changed, and newest formula might not yet be in SiSi.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Sutha Moliko
Giza'Msafara
#225 - 2012-05-04 08:26:16 UTC
About the Adaptive Armor Hardener

The adjustement by cycle works pretty well but take too much time to adjust resists over time.
It is a nice PvE module only.

There is no use in PvP even in 1 vs1 scenario. (well not completely true as it is already an EANM without the benefit of Armor comp)
it would become useful if we have a full adjustement resist at the end of the 3rd cycle = 30 sec
Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#226 - 2012-05-04 08:54:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Camios
I am not involved in wars currently but hell, 4 billions to declare a war are too much anyway.

Small groups can no more declare war on large groups. This sucks. The formula should take into account the attacker number. The less they are, the less the war should cost. It could be gamed upon, yes, but CCP could lock the wardeccing corp/alliance so that they cannot recruit anyone during a war they have declared, or make wars "personal" in the sense that people joining a corporation after a war is declared are excluded by the war until the right fee is paid (the next week).
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#227 - 2012-05-04 09:04:51 UTC
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Lady Vorax
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#228 - 2012-05-04 09:13:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Vorax
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Vessper wrote:
Is there any information on how the resistance shifting armor hardener works?


It's an active module with a 10 sec cycle, every cycle it checks the damage received in the cycle and adjust the resistance bonus the module gives based on that. It takes the top two damage types and increases the resistance against them while reducing the other two by the same amount (if you have received only a single damage type, it adjust only that one). It's a zero-sum system, meaning for instance that if the resistance bonus for a damage type is at 0, it can't be reduced further and the one's to be increased don't increase as much.



yay indirect nerf to lasers.......



Quote:
Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges



And farewell to armour tanking, that new mod doesnt even come close to compensating for a instant boost......

What is CCP thinking here? Feels like to want to go after sony..
Tenga Halaris
Galactic Traders Union
#229 - 2012-05-04 09:16:16 UTC
Sutha Moliko wrote:
About the Adaptive Armor Hardener

The adjustement by cycle works pretty well but take too much time to adjust resists over time.
It is a nice PvE module only.

There is no use in PvP even in 1 vs1 scenario. (well not completely true as it is already an EANM without the benefit of Armor comp)
it would become useful if we have a full adjustement resist at the end of the 3rd cycle = 30 sec



Sounds like you already used it ingame. Where can I get hte new modules?
Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#230 - 2012-05-04 09:34:06 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.
Ines Fy
#231 - 2012-05-04 10:25:11 UTC
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


Roll

The new formula is:

50M + (Alliance == "Goonswarm Federation" ? 10M * number of members : 5k * number of members)

You should know already that all developers have characters in GSF and CCP is secretly run by The Mitanni
gfldex
#232 - 2012-05-04 11:31:53 UTC
I had a look at the new shield booster. Got me a navy domi with one of those, 2x shield boost amps, 3x hardeners, 3x shield resi rigs -- all T2. On top of that a large crystal set and a strong blue pill. I was not able to tank a single geddon.

What exactly is this module for?

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Divine Storm
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#233 - 2012-05-04 11:41:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Storm
I don't like how the new Armor Adaptive Hardener does not correctly consider the amount of damage received by a single volley.
For example when using EMP ammo (which does 41.4EM, 9.2expl and 4.6kin base damage) the hardener adjusts towards 30%em/expl and 0%kin/therm resists. Using kinetic missiles on the other hand the hardener adjusts towards full 60% kinetic resits.

Even though it takes quite some time until the hardener's resists are actually fully adapted (2% of absolute resist points are shifted per module cycle) it is still a heavy penalty for missile and drone based ships because the hardener not only faster but also better adepts against missile/drone damage (or any other damage source only doing one type of damage) than to turret damage.

Note that a 30%/30% resist against a damage source dealing 75%/16%/9% (for EMP) is worse than a proper resist distribution.

Also note that the module only ignores different damage types by a single volley. When dealing damage from multiple sources all doing different damage types it correctly adjusts its resists towards the highest types of damage done (e.g. a few warriors doing expl. damage are almost ignored when shooting the target with heavy lasers).

This doesn't seem right to me and doesn't seem to be a huge problem on the technical side either.


Besides of that its a great module, the basic idea is awsome! :)
Tenga Halaris
Galactic Traders Union
#234 - 2012-05-04 11:51:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tenga Halaris
Guys? Where are those mods seeded? I can't find any in market.



Edit:

Seeded in 6-CZ49 (testsystem)

get there via "moveme" ig channel...
Sutha Moliko
Giza'Msafara
#235 - 2012-05-04 12:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Sutha Moliko
Tenga Halaris wrote:
Sutha Moliko wrote:
About the Adaptive Armor Hardener

The adjustement by cycle works pretty well but take too much time to adjust resists over time.
It is a nice PvE module only.

There is no use in PvP even in 1 vs1 scenario. (well not completely true as it is already an EANM without the benefit of Armor comp)
it would become useful if we have a full adjustement resist at the end of the 3rd cycle = 30 sec



Sounds like you already used it ingame. Where can I get hte new modules?


Found few Adaptive Hardener, Ancillary Shield Booster and Extrinsic Damage modifier in Rens this morning prior to my reply. Don't ask me how come they were there at 5.000.000 ISK...
I did not think too much, I just bought them for a quick test on a Pilgrim (Extrinsic + Adaptive Armor Hardener)
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#236 - 2012-05-04 12:44:07 UTC
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


no we'll rather have you protest and whine about it without even knowing how it is Blink

it's in a dev blog that's scheduled to be posted late next week, but I'll ask SoniClover if wants to post it here too..

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#237 - 2012-05-04 12:52:19 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


no we'll rather have you protest and whine about it without even knowing how it is Blink

it's in a dev blog that's scheduled to be posted late next week, but I'll ask SoniClover if wants to post it here too..

Sooner feedback is better feedbackTwisted

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#238 - 2012-05-04 13:11:44 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


no we'll rather have you protest and whine about it without even knowing how it is Blink

it's in a dev blog that's scheduled to be posted late next week, but I'll ask SoniClover if wants to post it here too..

Sooner feedback is better feedbackTwisted


you're all going to be arguing about it anywaysBlink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#239 - 2012-05-04 13:14:15 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


no we'll rather have you protest and whine about it without even knowing how it is Blink

it's in a dev blog that's scheduled to be posted late next week, but I'll ask SoniClover if wants to post it here too..

Sooner feedback is better feedbackTwisted


you're all going to be arguing about it anywaysBlink

True but I would want atleast one player pass(becides the CSM hopefully) before you put it in a Devblog.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

CCP Paradox
#240 - 2012-05-04 13:54:52 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Salpun wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Camios wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we've updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon™ Smile


Can you tell us the formula? We need to know it in advance so we can whine and protest or praise you as soon as possible.


no we'll rather have you protest and whine about it without even knowing how it is Blink

it's in a dev blog that's scheduled to be posted late next week, but I'll ask SoniClover if wants to post it here too..

Sooner feedback is better feedbackTwisted


you're all going to be arguing about it anywaysBlink

True but I would want atleast one player pass(becides the CSM hopefully) before you put it in a Devblog.


This is not how a Dev Blog works.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician