These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why force your play style on others?

Author
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2012-05-04 07:49:56 UTC
Their argument is that nullsec pvp doesn't work without defenceless mining ships on either side for people to shoot at. Why these ships need to be crewed by human players who don't particularly like being shot at and prefer being in highsec is unclear at present.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-05-04 07:52:01 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
Confirming that OP should in fact resubscribe to WoW.

You take that back Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Sri Nova
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2012-05-04 07:54:06 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Why can't high sec be as awesome as low and null sec? It can be rewarding in a different way. There are many ways to reward players for their efforts.

High sec is detrimental to null sec via logistics .

with high sec providing perfect protection for the industrial base of eve and with high sec providing the majority of materials and in game items for eve null will never have the chance to become what ccp envisioned.

but alas with the game vision shifted maybe CCP can pull it off and make null and high sec equal but i truly do not think it can be done . as i see the two mutually exclusive to one another.
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#84 - 2012-05-04 08:22:01 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to blow **** up, you have null and low sec to do this all you want and the people in high sec really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to be left alone to play the game the way they want to play it?

Most people that play EVE don't give a flying rats arse about null sec, and low sec. So why should those that choose to play in low and null sec give a flying rats arse about the people in high sec?

But you are then trying to force your style of play on pvpers, by trying to not allow them to blow you up. Its an unending circular argument give it up.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Dors Venabily
United Starbase Systems
#85 - 2012-05-04 08:35:08 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others?

Because I can.

Why play EVE otherwise?

Malcanis you of all people are no pirate...you're as pathetic as the others. If you were as badarse as you think you are you'd be tearing up the kill boards and raking in the loots. :)

he supports the vision and the essence of the game. Even if he doesn't play every role you can play in eve, he loves that he plays a game that allows for so many professions and play styles to exist. Go play a one player game. Or a game like guild wars 2. It's great I swear, awesome PvP, great PvE area, fun boss battles, real , whatever I don't need to advertise it, my point is guildwars 2 is not a sandbox, but it's also a good game, so if you don't like playing eve online, don't play it. There are other good MMOs!

I support people blowing crap up. I want them to blow stuff up. It is how industrialist and miners make their living. You and the others of null and low sec have tons of space and lots of things to blow up, but instead of fighting it out amongst yourselves, because that would be to hard and difficult and go against the games design, you instead take out your angst on new players and or players that don't wish to partake in your game of who has the biggest virtual e-peons.

The last paragraph sums up the whole thread. Null bears are shooting pinatas in high sec. Why? Because their alliance leaders are too afraid to do a real fighting so they do not loose their space and army of minions to command.
So everone is just sitting on tech moons and sends the bored plebs of their null empire to enjoy some breads and circuses in high sec.

But really could not give a dam about it the whole Null Sec might as well disappear tomorrow it is so boring.

You want make null more interesting again? Remove local like in WH's. Until then it is one boring blob fest with too easy logisitics and jump bridge networks that make any interesting activities impossible.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2012-05-04 08:38:30 UTC
Quote:
Dors wrote:

I support people blowing crap up. I want them to blow stuff up. It is how industrialist and miners make their living. You and the others of null and low sec have tons of space and lots of things to blow up, but instead of fighting it out amongst yourselves, because that would be to hard and difficult and go against the games design, you instead take out your angst on new players and or players that don't wish to partake in your game of who has the biggest virtual e-peons.

The last paragraph sums up the whole thread. Null bears are shooting pinatas in high sec. Why? Because their alliance leaders are too afraid to do a real fighting so they do not loose their space and army of minions to command.
So everone is just sitting on tech moons and sends the bored plebs of their null empire to enjoy some breads and circuses in high sec.

But really could not give a dam about it the whole Null Sec might as well disappear tomorrow it is so boring.

You want make null more interesting again? Remove local like in WH's. Until then it is one boring blob fest with too easy logisitics and jump bridge networks that make any interesting activities impossible. [/quote]

it's actually how funny how obvious of a change it would be to remove local from 0.0 now a days.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Zora'e
#87 - 2012-05-04 08:44:55 UTC
When I first started playing EVE I thought much like you do. As time went on and I gained more experience with EVE I realized that that way of thinking in this game, just paints a BIG target on your back for people who love nothing more than to make you cry....

It's a seductive thing EVE is... first it lures you in with the promise of rich rewards for hard effort, then it slaps you upside the head with some Auto Cannons and makes you it's little $3.00 ****.

If you survive that without quiting... you realize that EVE is a harsh Mistress and nothing you can do will change that, so you may as well bend over and get ready to receive the big shaft.. or grab your guns and bend someone over and give them the shaft.

What position you want to be in is up to you. You can play the *****, or you can play the bastard. There is no in between.

~Z

I won't say you are stupid, but you're not exactly on the Zombie menu either.

Caecilia Arene
Doomheim
#88 - 2012-05-04 08:55:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Caecilia Arene
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Why force your play style on others? I do not understand this drive from some players of EVE that think their style of playing the game is the only way. Who cares if some people wish to play in high sec? If you wish to blow **** up, you have null and low sec to do this all you want and the people in high sec really do not give a crap what you do - so why do you care what they do? Did it ever occur to you that some people just do not give a flying **** about your style of game play and just wish to be left alone to play the game the way they want to play it?

Most people that play EVE don't give a flying rats arse about null sec, and low sec. So why should those that choose to play in low and null sec give a flying rats arse about the people in high sec?

As someone who lives in high-sec to I don't think you fully understand the EVE economy (been here since 2005 so got a bit of an understanding of it).

Stuff needs to blow up constantly for the economy to survive. It needs to blow up in null-sec. It need to blow up in low-sec and you guessed it... it needs to blow up in high-sec. Therefore there must be risk in high-sec from suicide gankers, war decs and so on. You can't just expect to play this game in a bubble... you need to read the forums about what events are going on at the moment. Burn Jita means give it a miss for a few day (i.e. don't fly your freighter full of zydrine to Jita that day). Hulkageddon - give high-sec mining a miss for a while or take the risk. Be versatile as there are many ways to make ISK in this game...

Personally I think high sec living should be a little more rugged. I would advocate a steady increase in taxes the longer you stay in an NPC noob corp.

Without ships blowing up there is no EVE. I suspect the DEVs know this and so do many players.
Lexmana
#89 - 2012-05-04 08:56:03 UTC
OP is making a mistake assuming other players wants to force their play style on to her. Or are you saying they force you to become a suicide ganker?

The reality is that you can play exactly how you want. You just have to accept the consequences of playing like that. So, if you want to play the hulk victim expect to be blown up frequently.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#90 - 2012-05-04 09:23:12 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Why can't high sec be as awesome as low and null sec? It can be rewarding in a different way. There are many ways to reward players for their efforts.

Why not indeed?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Blobber NL
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-05-04 09:26:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Blobber NL
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
if EVE was a three sharded game themepark MMO this would be a valid argument, but alas it is a single shard highly competitive MMO so risk/reward balance considerations have to be made.

So wye there is a highsec where ppl actually can make 'safe' money if they want? (altough a lot slower)

Seems like you are talking crap. I agree whit the OP. Just a bunch of kiddo's in low/nulsec that are desperade for some noob targets it seems. But oh wel, thats nothing new here isnt it?

Dont get me wrong, im sure most ppl wil go to low/nul/wh space after a time in highsec, but some ppl just dont for a long time. So what? You want to cry? Its thier choice.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#92 - 2012-05-04 09:28:57 UTC
Blobber NL wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
if EVE was a three sharded game themepark MMO this would be a valid argument, but alas it is a single shard highly competitive MMO so risk/reward balance considerations have to be made.

So wye there is a highsec where ppl actually can make 'safe' money if they want? (altough a lot slower)

Seems like you are talking crap. I agree whit the OP. Just a bunch of kiddo's in low/nulsec that are desperade for some noob targets it seems. But oh wel, thats nothing new here isnt it?

Dont get me wrong, im sure most ppl wil go to low/nul/wh space after a time in highsec, but some ppl just dont for a long time. So what? You want to cry? Its thier choice.

Yeah, makes sense, only part you got wrong is the fact that nobody cries about hisec. Except the hiseccers.

Blobber NL
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#93 - 2012-05-04 09:34:31 UTC
Roime wrote:
Blobber NL wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Yeah, makes sense, only part you got wrong is the fact that nobody cries about hisec. Except the hiseccers.

I see anough low/null sec ppl crying on this forum about highsec. Every single day.

hulkgeddon, ok thats a good thing. Wil learn those mining upgrade hulks to tank. But too many times i see just fat nerdy 'pirates' cyring about highsec blablablabla.

It's making me a sad panda.. All those tears. (sarcasm, its makes me happy)
Xavier Bandar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-05-04 09:51:31 UTC
Blobber NL wrote:

Yep, and other people can choose to come over to Hi-Sec and blow some ships up. That's their choice and they continue to do so even as CCP makes the consequences of that choice harsher and harsher due to the incessant whining of some Hi-Seccers.

But I've heard rumors that there is an actual PvE server in this game. I believe it's called SiSi.

PS: I live in hi-sec and have never ganked or griefed anyone.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#95 - 2012-05-04 09:59:45 UTC
Blobber NL wrote:

I see anough low/null sec ppl crying on this forum about highsec. Every single day.

hulkgeddon, ok thats a good thing. Wil learn those mining upgrade hulks to tank. But too many times i see just fat nerdy 'pirates' cyring about highsec blablablabla.

It's making me a sad panda.. All those tears. (sarcasm, its makes me happy)

I spend a lot of time here and never see low/null people cry here. Can you provide an example?

Most common threads here are ****** qq threads provided by the hisec tinfoil crew.

Blobber NL
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-05-04 09:59:48 UTC
Xavier Bandar wrote:
Blobber NL wrote:

Yep, and other people can choose to come over to Hi-Sec and blow some ships up. That's their choice and they continue to do so even as CCP makes the consequences of that choice harsher and harsher due to the incessant whining of some Hi-Seccers.

But I've heard rumors that there is an actual PvE server in this game. I believe it's called SiSi.

Ofcourse ppl can go to highsec and gank somebody, Thats not the point which i have a problem whit. Its more about the whiny piny ppl that want to force players to use thier playstyle only.

in a slightly different context i can link that to various historic people, wich i won't name^^
They just should **** themselves or something, idk.
Xavier Bandar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-05-04 10:09:45 UTC
Blobber NL wrote:
Xavier Bandar wrote:
Blobber NL wrote:

Ofcourse ppl can go to highsec and gank somebody, Thats not the point which i have a problem whit. Its more about the whiny piny ppl that want to force players to use thier playstyle only.

in a slightly different context i can link that to various historic people, wich i won't name^^
They just should **** themselves or something, idk.

Because, as we all know, a certain German dictator wanted everyone to adopt his playstyle too. Analogy fail.

By the way, who are these people forcing others into their playstyle you keep mentioning? The only people is see whining on these forum are a bunch of hi-seccers who want hi-sec to become some kind of safe PvE server (mind you, most don't want an actual PvE because that would mean they wouldn't have anyone to sell their stuff to), and low/null-seccers who whine about the whiners.

Finally, it's kind of ironic that the hi-sec whiners are constantly talking about the sandbox. Missions provided by the game developer, protection provided by the developer, stations provided by the developer ... for a sandbox, there sure are a lot of toys in there. As I wrote, I currently live in hi-sec myself, but the sandbox-metaphor is often abused by the wrong group of people.
Francisco Bizzaro
#98 - 2012-05-04 10:22:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Francisco Bizzaro
In all of this discussion of playstyle, does playing "smart" count as a style?

Because in a lot of cases that is all that is needed and that is all that is being forced upon you. Learn the tactics that keep you safe, and you will not have a problem with gankers. In fact, you will learn to thank gankers: they are giving you an advantage over those who fly "stupid".

In good games, success is determined by understanding the game and using that to your advantage. Why should hi-sec PVEers be exempt from that - why would they even want to be?
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2012-05-04 10:36:35 UTC  |  Edited by: TheBlueMonkey
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

If this was wow, highsec would be the starter region where all mobs are lvl 1/2

By all means spend your entire eve time there but please don't ***** about how it's "not fair that you don't have x" "can't defeat Y" or "can't make enough isk"
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#100 - 2012-05-04 11:12:55 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

So you want to affect the world around you , but at the same time you want the world not to touch you back.

It doesnt work that way.
EVE isn't sharded.