These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Missile ships...We have come full circle and...

Author
Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#1 - 2012-05-03 01:46:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Patri Andari
We are looking at our asses.

Let's recap. With the introduction of drone damage modules here is the state of things thus far.

Soon lasers, hybrids, projectiles AND drones will have both modules and rigs that modify all their stats. Range, damage and tracking will be altered by modules and rigs. They will also of course continue to receive the benefits of target painters. Recent changes to T2 ammo has removed all or most ship penalties from T2 turret ammo and drones never had such penalties so rejoice! I guess.

MEANWHILE:

Missiles have a damage module and benefit from "tracking" and range enhancements only in the form of rigs or target painters. Add to that the fact that T2 missiles are the only T2 ammo that retains its full ship penalties and things seem bleak at best for missile users. Need I add that CCP announced at fanfest their plans to allow tracking disruters to apply to missiles without any mention of a counter and it seems the writing is on the wall.

How about you do the followig CCP:

Remove missiles from the game other than torps (for stealth bombers only) and refund those skill points. You already took away any pirate ships worth training for missile users. Why not just deliver the killing blow? I mean we all know you plan to nerf Tengu to the ground and God knows you hate the Drake (just watch ANY alliance tournament and hear dev comments)

Either give us missile users some modules to choose from and remove those stupid T2 ship penalties or just kill the weapon already. Enough of this stepchild treatment already.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-05-03 01:53:56 UTC
Wow, that is a lot of butthurt.

Also first.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Alara IonStorm
#3 - 2012-05-03 01:59:58 UTC
It's great that you want a skill refund and all for the fall of Missiles.

But if CCP could please keep those ships in the game and leave me with my Missile SP that would be great.
Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#4 - 2012-05-03 02:09:05 UTC
I just want equity, nothing more.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

Flakey Foont
#5 - 2012-05-03 02:19:10 UTC
So you have been on Sisi?
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-03 02:38:52 UTC
I love the fact that youre complaining about a weapon system that is used by the 2 MOST popular ships in EVE (Tengu and Drake).
Really gives me the impression that you have done your research...

Bottom line is that missiles are for carebears, train your toons accordingly.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-05-03 02:48:41 UTC
We really dont need more of the same, different is good and missiles are doing fine.
Haulie Berry
#8 - 2012-05-03 02:53:08 UTC
Patri Andari wrote:

Well then I guess missiles are going to need some sort of new tracking system that takes relative velocity into account, like turrets.

Also, they'll need to be able to miss entirely. Roll

Dhuras
The Classy Gentlemans Corporation
Moist.
#9 - 2012-05-03 02:53:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Dhuras
missiles are doing alright for pve, but almost all the good pvp fleets i am running into are using guns, missiles do have a disadvantage with the delay in damage and T2 ammo penalties, its not fun to have SP in something not too good for pvp. I don't missiles are being totally ****** by CCP, but i think they should reconsider nerfing the drake or the tengu. the tengu can be killed quite easily if you're not an idiot, and the drake gives noobs a good ship t fly. it is survivable, but not too big on DPS. it allows the noobs to make some mistakes without totally dying but without letting them rampage with it.
Rond Dorlezahn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-05-03 03:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Rond Dorlezahn
Patri Andari wrote:

No, you wanted to make a whinepost on the forums to get attention. There is a vast difference between wanting equitable change and throwing your toys down whilst crying "WELL YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST REMOVE MISSILES ALTOGETHER!!! JERKS!!!!"

CCP has already made it clear in the fanfest ship balance chart that Tengus are where they want other T3 cruisers to be, so I don't even know where you're getting your info. I would guess that it's from your ass.
Dhuras
The Classy Gentlemans Corporation
Moist.
#11 - 2012-05-03 03:09:29 UTC
Rond Dorlezahn wrote:
Patri Andari wrote:

No, you wanted to make a whinepost on the forums to get attention. There is a vast difference between wanting equitable change and throwing your toys down whilst crying "WELL YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST REMOVE MISSILES ALTOGETHER!!! JERKS!!!!"

Or, in your case, a vans deferens

Then don't post here, otherwise you increase the post count here and push it up the ladder of the forum, giving him more attention
Cedo Nulli
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-05-03 04:19:51 UTC
Not fixing cruises and torps ... and the Tracking disruption adding will make TDs the king of kings module for any ship to have.

Its lame really. Fix Cruises and torps ! Afterall the other missile systems (not counting standard light missiles) seem to be fine and tiercide might fix the fitting related issues.

Niko Takahashi
Yoshitomi Group
#13 - 2012-05-03 05:43:52 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
I love the fact that youre complaining about a weapon system that is used by the 2 MOST popular ships in EVE (Tengu and Drake).

Missiles are for care bears just shows you have no clue.
Also the capt Obvious did not you notice it is the same type of the dam missile which is the only one that is not broken aka HML?

Really gives me an impression you have done even less research then him.
How about we make that all your hits you ever do with a gun are going tour barely scratches or light hits with no modules to improve it?

If you have no clue shut up please.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-05-03 09:20:07 UTC
Niko Takahashi wrote:

How about we make that all your hits you ever do with a gun are going tour barely scratches or light hits with no modules to improve it?

news flash! that's exactly what happens when you attack an orbiting small target. except guns can also miss. i happen to agree that most missile types are a little on the weak side but at least use the right arguments when you argue not some random BS.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Ishanmae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-05-03 09:45:52 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:

I hate that argument, which comes up in every thread where missiles, tengus or drakes are mentioned...

Amongst the reasons that make the drake and tengu so popular, the lack of other valid missile ships is quite prevalent. (I do love my Nighthawk though, but it requires more training than a tengu, and gets lower DPS.)

Which means that most people that trained for missiles are likely to fly one of those two ships, while people having trained hybrids, lasers or drones are spread out over more ship hulls... Not to mention projectile weapons!

Not saying it's the only reason, not whining about anything either... just saying I'm tired of that line!
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-05-03 11:48:49 UTC
Niko Takahashi wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

Also the capt Obvious did not you notice it is the same type of the dam missile which is the only one that is not broken aka HML?

got one, love it :)

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Niko Takahashi
Yoshitomi Group
#17 - 2012-05-03 12:57:55 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Niko Takahashi wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

got one, love it :)

Obviously not but carry on. In the meantime CCP fix cruises torpedoes and light missiles.
nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#18 - 2012-05-03 13:19:36 UTC
Ishanmae wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

I hate that argument, which comes up in every thread where missiles, tengus or drakes are mentioned...

Amongst the reasons that make the drake and tengu so popular, the lack of other valid missile ships is quite prevalent. (I do love my Nighthawk though, but it requires more training than a tengu, and gets lower DPS.)

Which means that most people that trained for missiles are likely to fly one of those two ships, while people having trained hybrids, lasers or drones are spread out over more ship hulls... Not to mention projectile weapons!

Not saying it's the only reason, not whining about anything either... just saying I'm tired of that line!

you do realize, that to train for projectiles, hybrids or lasers requires more time than tengu.

people mostly fly with only t2 hml, but to fly other t3 you need both t2 guns. also you need to train for t2 drones.
Ishanmae
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-05-03 14:38:28 UTC
nahjustwarpin wrote:
you do realize, that to train for projectiles, hybrids or lasers requires more time than tengu.

people mostly fly with only t2 hml, but to fly other t3 you need both t2 guns. also you need to train for t2 drones.

Sure... but I wasn't arguing that point, just saying that if Tengus and Drakes are popular, it's ALSO because there are not too many other viable missile ships. And not only because of their own intrinsic virtues.

Saying that missiles are fine using as sole argument that the Tengu and Drake are widely used seems like a moot point to me.

In my opinion, the question is rather are they popular because they use missiles, or despite using them?
nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#20 - 2012-05-03 14:46:45 UTC
Ishanmae wrote:
nahjustwarpin wrote:

Sure... but I wasn't arguing that point, just saying that if Tengus and Drakes are popular, it's ALSO because there are not too many other viable missile ships. And not only because of their own intrinsic virtues.

Saying that missiles are fine using as sole argument that the Tengu and Drake are widely used seems like a moot point to me.

In my opinion, the question is rather are they popular because they use missiles, or despite using them?

because they have long range (no slowboating to every targe in pve, easy gtfo in pvp/pve), drake has BS tank, tengu has ridiculous dps for it's range.
123Next pageLast page