These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well Played CCP…. Well Played…

Author
Dennmoth Ferdier
Zero Gravity Productions
#61 - 2012-05-02 16:36:46 UTC
I find it funny how the OP assumes everyone's mad when they just can't understand a word of the OP Lol
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2012-05-02 16:46:23 UTC
Wait, was the Jita Burn event supposed to be in retaliation for this Mittani guy getting chucked off the CSM?
I figured it was just the typical Goons "herp derp we're bored of nullsec snoozefest and want to come shoot people in highsec" thing.

But yeah, it did generate some awesome PR for the game.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#63 - 2012-05-02 16:55:09 UTC
Takseen wrote:
Wait, was the Jita Burn event supposed to be in retaliation for this Mittani guy getting chucked off the CSM?
No, it was supposed to be a reward to the Goons (+supporters) if he got 10k votes… and he did.

Quote:
But yeah, it did generate some awesome PR for the game.
…and some neat hardware and software testing.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-05-02 16:58:52 UTC
Oh that's a good point. I'd kinda forgotten that this sort of stunt would have probably broken Jita's node completely without time dilation. Good showing by CCP indeed.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#65 - 2012-05-02 17:40:04 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
I am Infinity wrote:
wtf is this thread about?
If you don't get it, then we are apparently never going to get it. Get it?
No.

I DON'T GET IT!

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Hamshoe
Doomheim
#66 - 2012-05-02 18:56:42 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Hamshoe wrote:
Well, I suppose if you recognized the pre-event hype from the human goonipede for the impotent rage it was that's probably true.

Me, I had high and came away quite disappointed.
I suppose. It would have been fun if they actually blockaded Jita, rather than hold a week-end event. Anyway, the pre-event hype was more a result of the panicked cries of the Jita inhabitants than of the Goons — they were the ones predicting the doom of EVE if a single system was shut down of a day or two. vOv

That's disingenuous in the extreme. All the noise was in direct response to goon howling. They were going to shut down the system, stab the beating heart of EVE, and so on.

Seems silly in retrospect, that's true.

Tippia wrote:

It was still memorable in the “having fun with lots of people” sense, but where the notion that it would have any lasting impact comes from, I have no idea.

So, just like any other day in EVE. Hence the disappointment and high rpm revision of expectations.
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2012-05-02 19:23:20 UTC
You mean the Burn Jita event was a protest of some kind? Dang, and I thought it was just Goonswarm utilizing game mechanics for some good clean nukage.

Annd CCP handled it? Handled what? The event started, had a middle, and ended. A good time was reported by all.

Anyway, I hope Goonswarm does more such events. It's what makes EvE unique. What other game could have such a player driven event?
Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-05-02 19:57:11 UTC
Urgg Boolean wrote:
You mean the Burn Jita event was a protest of some kind? Dang, and I thought it was just Goonswarm utilizing game mechanics for some good clean nukage.

Annd CCP handled it? Handled what? The event started, had a middle, and ended. A good time was reported by all.

Anyway, I hope Goonswarm does more such events. It's what makes EvE unique. What other game could have such a player driven event?

You too dumb for me to bother kid, but never stop posting.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2012-05-02 20:55:30 UTC
Urgg Boolean wrote:

Aww, poor CCP gettin no credit for how smoothly things went.
Read their latest dev blog, they had to do quite a bit of tweaking of their load handling systems to keep Jita running under so much mayhem.
Digital Messiah
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2012-05-02 20:58:20 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Only a week after the Jita burn, and it has already fizzled away into yesterdays news. I find CCP’s handling of this whole situation (regarding cyber bulling and the following “protest” for said idiots ban from the CSM) quite exceptional.

ArrowIf they had not publically stated “ **** yea this is going to be great” we would still be hearing about all of this mess

ArrowBut because they did say that, everything returned to normal shortly after the quote-unquote “big event”.

So much so that Jita seems untarnished atm, and there is barley a whisper condeming CCP's reputation atm. Win. What was supposed to be one of the biggest things in EVE memory is scarcely the topic of conversation anymore in game. IMO, CCP has learned allot from the whole “walking in stations” fiasco, and if the Jita burn has taught us one thing, it is this… CCP seems to have hired better PR people.

Homeostasis has returned to the game so quickly after what could have been a clusterfuck two times over. Thank you CCP for you excellent job with crowd control on this matter. For once, I can honestly say, CCP win.

In a player made universe, sometimes it's best to leave it up to the players. CCP has done a good job both in patching and current events.

Something clever

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#71 - 2012-05-02 21:07:02 UTC
Last minute "me too" from a late arrival to the bitter boat post

yay
Sol Tertia
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2012-05-02 21:22:43 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
I am Infinity wrote:
wtf is this thread about?

If you don't get it, then we are apparently never going to get it. Get it?

You got to dig it to dig it, you dig?