These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well Played CCP…. Well Played…

Author
Dyner
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2012-05-02 15:21:05 UTC
CONCORD should have been....."on break" during the event (in Jita area only).
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#42 - 2012-05-02 15:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Ana Vyr wrote:
The point was the contrast between what happened with the Incarna release, and how CCP handled it, and what happened with this event, and how CCP handled it.
But the two have nothing in common. One was the community protesting CCP going off the rails; the other was an alliance holding a small-scale alliance event.

Hamshoe wrote:
Well, I suppose if you recognized the pre-event hype from the human goonipede for the impotent rage it was that's probably true.

Me, I had high and came away quite disappointed.
I suppose. It would have been fun if they actually blockaded Jita, rather than hold a week-end event. Anyway, the pre-event hype was more a result of the panicked cries of the Jita inhabitants than of the Goons — they were the ones predicting the doom of EVE if a single system was shut down of a day or two. vOv

It was still memorable in the “having fun with lots of people” sense, but where the notion that it would have any lasting impact comes from, I have no idea.

Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Considering it was an event stated to test CCP's current state, I surmise that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Even if that was added to the mix after long the event had been presented, it did test CCP's current state, and fortunately it proved to yield the exact result that everyone (except the Jita carebears) expected: CCP did nothing — it was as it should be.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#43 - 2012-05-02 15:24:22 UTC
Fishmaskle wrote:

Comparing this to the Mittani deal... Ya, no idea what the real relation outside of it being hosted by him, it has no connection otherwise.

Considering it was an event stated to test CCP's current state, I surmise that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Considering it was planned well ahead of the ban, it really doesn't have anything to do with the ban. We've even shown you the tweets from where it was announced at the beginning of march. March 6th actually. Linkage.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-05-02 15:24:45 UTC
And for more of Tippa's senseless, self-serving and fundamentally biased rants... see Tippa's rants! Lol

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

Francisco Bizzaro
#45 - 2012-05-02 15:25:06 UTC
Fishmaskle wrote:

Comparing this to the Mittani deal... Ya, no idea what the real relation outside of it being hosted by him, it has no connection otherwise.

I state that my state continues to be perplexed, and this didn't help it at all. What's the answer?
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#46 - 2012-05-02 15:27:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:
The point was the contrast between what happened with the Incarna release, and how CCP handled it, and what happened with this event, and how CCP handled it.
But the two have nothing in common. One was the community protesting CCP going off the rails; the other was an alliance holding a small-scale alliance event.

Oh yeah, I forgot that your opinions are always right Tippia, carry on.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#47 - 2012-05-02 15:29:01 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:

Shocked

The ******** in this thread just reached new levels...

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#48 - 2012-05-02 15:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
And for more of Tippa's senseless, self-serving and fundamentally biased rants.
What on earth are you on about? Ugh

Ana Vyr wrote:
That goes for you too. Ugh
Lapine Davion
#49 - 2012-05-02 15:31:03 UTC
And for more of Tippa's senseless, self-serving and fundamentally biased rants... see Tippa's rants! Lol

With how much you obsess over Tippia, I have to wonder if you have the hots for them.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#50 - 2012-05-02 15:37:03 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Even if that was added to the mix after long the event had been presented, it did test CCP's current state, and fortunately it proved to yield the exact result that everyone (except the Jita carebears) expected: CCP did nothing — it was as it should be.

That's not quite true; CCP monitored the event closely and gained some valuable technical data.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#51 - 2012-05-02 15:40:48 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
That's not quite true; CCP monitored the event closely and gained some valuable technical data.
Fair enough, but that's probably not the kind of “state” they (the Goons, that is) were testing — that was just a bonus for CCP.

But yes, the bugs unearthed by that test were quite fun. Lol
Grohl Dovah
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-05-02 15:50:08 UTC
I agree with the OP
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#53 - 2012-05-02 15:51:13 UTC
@Op : I've just been trolled, well done.
RAP ACTION HERO
#54 - 2012-05-02 16:09:46 UTC
can't tell if the op is a barbie lover or not

vitoc erryday

Lapine Davion
#55 - 2012-05-02 16:14:25 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:
can't tell if the op is a barbie lover or not

Hint: It rhymes with "is"

Shukuzen Kiraa
F4G Wild Weasel
#56 - 2012-05-02 16:17:16 UTC
Tillin Sylph wrote:
I think he's trying to let us know that he doesn't care about Goons burning Jita... By posting a thread about it.

Yeah.

Nobody cares about goons "burning Jita"....mostly because you didn't do anything memorable. Oh look...goons made a big deal out of blowing up a few ships in a trade hub..you know, that thing that happens there everyday anyway. You guys really are running out of ideas for attention. Goodluck with whatever horrible event you plan next.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#57 - 2012-05-02 16:19:50 UTC
Hamshoe wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:
Shrug. Post made sense to me. I even agree.

What? That nothing unexpected happened. Well, that was pretty expected wasn't it?

Well, I suppose if you recognized the pre-event hype from the human goonipede for the impotent rage it was that's probably true.

Me, I had high and came away quite disappointed. All those cools tools, all that potential, for nothing more than a footnote to Ozymandias.

Ugh

'the human goonipede' gets a Like. I regret that I have but one Like to give. 'Ozymandias' deserves on too.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#58 - 2012-05-02 16:19:58 UTC
Malcanis, you sold your toon didn't you? Lately it is like your posts have been going down hill, and I can only surmise that it must be do to a new brain sitting behind the keyboard.

I was going to report him for acct sharing, lol.

He's gone totally schizophrenic. There just has to be two (or more) people posting under his character. His posts go from sane to nuts on a regular basis.

Or maybe he's taken up alcohol as a posting aid when he runs out of things to say vOv

Mr Epeen Cool
Josef Djugashvilis
#59 - 2012-05-02 16:25:17 UTC
Any one know how many 'extra' trading ships were lost over the period?

This is not a signature.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#60 - 2012-05-02 16:33:27 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Any one know how many 'extra' trading ships were lost over the period?
Looking at the ships-destroyed blob on the map, it looked like maybe 4–5× the normal amount of ships were destroyed. How many of those were trading ships and how many were lost to various other combat is hard to tell (but then again, it's hard to tell for a normal day too so we have nothing but that overall increase to go by anyway).