These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Orbit locked down to 160km start Position

Author
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-04-29 23:54:42 UTC
Chribba wrote:
I haven't tried lately, but you used to be able to righ-click the orbit button on the overview and set up to 1000km orbit

/c

Your right Chibba you can technically orbit something at 1,000 KM

BUT

You have to be ~ 150km or less away from the object for the orbit button to work.

Which makes no sense as you basically end up back tracking to get to your default orbital range.

Makes no sense, the whole point of the post.

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#22 - 2012-04-30 00:12:49 UTC
Just trying to figure out why anyone would care about this. It'd be easier to take seriously if it didn't seem like such a trivial thing.

What are you trying to do?
Orbit gate/station/bubble at long range? Are people using sniper ships that reach 200km again?
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-04-30 01:12:33 UTC
non judgement wrote:
Just trying to figure out why anyone would care about this. It'd be easier to take seriously if it didn't seem like such a trivial thing.

What are you trying to do?
Orbit gate/station/bubble at long range? Are people using sniper ships that reach 200km again?

Yes all the above at one time or another and several other reasons

Just a little thing that I have run into over the years, and again today.
Every mechanic I can think of right now except this one I can say yes this is because of.
This one I am drawing a blank.

No big deal obviously nobody remembers, and it may have been like this sense day one.
Oh well.

EdwardNardella
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-05-02 12:07:07 UTC  |  Edited by: EdwardNardella
I have orbited at very long ranges in stealth bombers and Covert-Ops. Not super useful but its nice to be able to do.
Previous page12