These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sisi update - New font, ship spinning, new captains quarters etc.

First post
Author
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#21 - 2011-09-30 20:43:55 UTC
A workaround for the EULA issue can be found here.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#22 - 2011-09-30 20:53:36 UTC
Just played on SISI for a bit... the Gallente CQ is sooo slick looking... until I rotated my mouse wheel and it went whacked-out psycho on me, various graphical elements started jumping all over the place. Trying to make a video of it to send off on a bug report.

Transactions tab on Wallet (both personal and corporate) is all screwy :) Data is not being parsed into the proper columns
Type column shows Type and isk amount twice
Price column shows station
Quantity, credit, currency, client, where, etc., columns show nothing.

After self-destructing my pod, I woke up in station - but still see space :) It's even moving as if I was still in space.

Various and sundry font issues which I'll post in the requested thread.

Otherwise... nice to see progress!! Thank you, CCP

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

Alexandra Kaliope
Norfolk and Chance PMC
#23 - 2011-09-30 20:59:25 UTC
CCP Spitfire wrote:
A workaround for the EULA issue can be found here.

Ace, fixed :D
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#24 - 2011-09-30 21:14:00 UTC
My god! My face! My boobs!! And my ass!!! They all are gone, my character has been reset to something that doesn't looks at all like me...! Attention

(And every other character, now that I looked)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Nagapito
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2011-09-30 21:40:36 UTC
Isnt the undock/Enter CQ arrows on the wrong directions!?

I know that undock arrow was always pointing to the right but that was before having two arrows! Now, with both arrows, undock pointing left and out of screen makes more sense to the undock action and the blue pointing to the right and inside hangar to change hangar view!

Also, make it coherent. If in hangar view we have a arrow to change to CQ, also keep the arrow in CQ to change to hangar view and dont make us travel all way the CQ to change view!
Diana Valenti
Disposable Spies
Honorable Third Party
#26 - 2011-09-30 21:41:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Valenti
New font is terrible, if you gonna set this one on TQ give option to use old one please.

EDIT: I LOVE SHIPSPINNING :D

Second edit : Ship spinning is cool, but it should be instead of doors, not as extra screen.
Nagapito
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2011-09-30 21:46:28 UTC
Diana Valenti wrote:
New font is terrible, if you gonna set this one on TQ give option to use old one please.

Seems I'm not the only one figuring out that the new font will give some headaches in the future!!!
Ronna Kracken
V.I.C.E.
#28 - 2011-09-30 22:50:27 UTC
When I logged into Sisi my hair was gone. Went to the mirror to re-customize and get it back, and found that this style (<-- that style) seems to be bugged. No hair shows. Also my tattoo was different. So I selected another hair style and re-entered.

And I was invisible. The Avatar never showed. I could walk about, even sit on the Gallente CQ couch, but no avatar.

I undocked and the client crashed.

I relogged, docked and I was visible!

I found the hangar view, went to it, then went back the CQ, and my skin was gray.

I have not done sufficient tests to see what of this is reproduceable. Once I do, Ill do bug reports.

I like the new font.

When I'm in hangar view, is my balcony visible somewhere in the scene?

(MacBook Pro.)
Sodone Gristein
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-09-30 22:55:06 UTC
New font looks good to me, at least it's readable.
Ronna Kracken
V.I.C.E.
#30 - 2011-09-30 22:57:45 UTC
Nagapito wrote:

Also, make it coherent. If in hangar view we have a arrow to change to CQ, also keep the arrow in CQ to change to hangar view and dont make us travel all way the CQ to change view!

That change would be good, but know that the ship hologram on the balcony or the one in the room can be used, so you do not have to walk far.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#31 - 2011-09-30 23:10:34 UTC
With the added ship in hangar view, I think the terms for changing things need revision to make more sense.

When in CQ, the command "Leave ship" can be replaced with "Store ship" or "Make inactive". After all you are standing on a balcony, you have clearly left the ship.

Once that is done, "Go to hangar view" can become "Board ship".

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Di Mulle
#32 - 2011-09-30 23:50:59 UTC
"Show info" window does not remember position nor size.
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
Lord Helghast
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-10-01 00:51:39 UTC
it looks good, but honestly wish there were more signs that it was slowing down so it doesnt just look like u're pc running slow maybe motion blur on camera swing or something....

only other thing that bugs me is ... its stuttering its not a smooth dilation theres visible skips in the rockets which feels patchy
CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2011-10-01 01:03:13 UTC
Lord Helghast wrote:
it looks good, but honestly wish there were more signs that it was slowing down so it doesnt just look like u're pc running slow maybe motion blur on camera swing or something....

only other thing that bugs me is ... its stuttering its not a smooth dilation theres visible skips in the rockets which feels patchy

Were you going to post that in the TiDi devblog thread? That's the only way it makes any sense to me Shocked

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

Vestor
Magma Planetary Investigation
#35 - 2011-10-01 01:04:15 UTC
Not sure if this is a font or I18N issue (more likely: it seems a mask is wrong) so I'll start off here:
I've noticed that in the character sheet, the time to completion for skills now no longer shows the d/h/m/s character after the days/hours/minutes/seconds amount. Instead, there is a colon.
E.g. my skill completing in 3d 9h 15m 46s now has a blob of numbers barely separated by colons: 03:09:15:46
I could eventually get used to that, but I'd really like the old way back :)

"... the what button... oh god I didn't even know that existed. BRB." CCP FoxFour | Game Designer | Team True Grit

CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#36 - 2011-10-01 01:07:17 UTC
Vestor wrote:
Not sure if this is a font or I18N issue (more likely: it seems a mask is wrong) so I'll start off here:
I've noticed that in the character sheet, the time to completion for skills now no longer shows the d/h/m/s character after the days/hours/minutes/seconds amount. Instead, there is a colon.
E.g. my skill completing in 3d 9h 15m 46s now has a blob of numbers barely separated by colons: 03:09:15:46
I could eventually get used to that, but I'd really like the old way back :)

That is most likely fallout from one of the ongoing backend changes currently in progress, I can at least promise you that this is not an intended feature Oops

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

Vestor
Magma Planetary Investigation
#37 - 2011-10-01 01:13:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Vestor
And another one...I cannot leave my ship from the *yay it's back* ship spinning interface, not even by using the context menu on the ship hangar instead of the ship itself.
[edit]OK I need to RTFM this is in the opening post[/edit]

"... the what button... oh god I didn't even know that existed. BRB." CCP FoxFour | Game Designer | Team True Grit

Lord Helghast
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-10-01 01:18:26 UTC
CCP Gangleri wrote:

Were you going to post that in the TiDi devblog thread? That's the only way it makes any sense to me Shocked

Dagh indeed i was dont know how i ended up on this thread LOL
Lamthara Lachesis
Emporio Amarr
#39 - 2011-10-01 05:47:23 UTC
can't connect alas :(

on the screen it is written "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO 87 237 38 50 ON PORT 26000

even if i write down the user and password all i get is an alert saying CONNECTION FAILED: Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong.
Juliant
Fear Inc
#40 - 2011-10-01 07:11:39 UTC
I am also getting UNABLE TO CONNECT TO 87 237 38 50 ON PORT 26000 on the login Screen