These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP technetium !!!!!!!!!!!

First post
Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#121 - 2012-05-01 18:46:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Xython wrote:

So please, pray tell. Why shouldn't Goons be allowed to reap the rewards of their hard work?

Oh the irony.

A little-tended Moon Mining POS just sits there and s***s out ISK in a usually (THAT'S an important word, flamers) 100% safe system.

Less work than a noob mining in an Osprey.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Alhezhar Alabyd al-Mu'minin
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#122 - 2012-05-01 18:59:10 UTC
I feel like y'all undercut your arguments a little when you disagree not so much with the idea of the thing existing in the game, but mostly you don't like that people other than you own that thing?

Seems more like envy than imbalance?
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#123 - 2012-05-01 19:05:58 UTC
Xython wrote:
(every few hours when they come back and check on their illegal bots, anyway).

That's been quite dealt with thank you. And most of the RMT money recouped was in Null. End of that story.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#124 - 2012-05-01 19:08:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Polly Oxford wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Andski wrote:
isn't it amazing how many of these same pubbies were against a tech nerf when our enemies owned most of it

Odd I dont remember that bit, why arent you posting on Mittens? Or s it a cooincidence you were missing when he was?

I think you are on to something...

Or it was just that nearly all goons that posted regularly were banned during this period.

Didnt know talking to one particular Goon meant you are talking of the entirety of them O.o
Are you the Borg?

Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Xython wrote:
(every few hours when they come back and check on their illegal bots, anyway).

That's been quite dealt with thank you. And most of the RMT money recouped was in Null. End of that story.

And it couldnt have been Goon owned. Goons dont mine

hey wait

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#125 - 2012-05-01 19:11:54 UTC
Polly Oxford wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Andski wrote:
isn't it amazing how many of these same pubbies were against a tech nerf when our enemies owned most of it

Odd I dont remember that bit, why arent you posting on Mittens? Or s it a cooincidence you were missing when he was?

I think you are on to something...

Or it was just that nearly all goons that posted regularly were banned during this period.

Wait what? CCP didnt just ban Mittani, they banned all (most, well some, given we saw plenty of you during that time so thats plainly bullshit) of the Goons from the forums TOO?!

lol

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#126 - 2012-05-01 19:14:23 UTC
Xython wrote:
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
There sure are a lotta Goons in this thread, youd think they had a stake in the subject

The recent Manifesto II thread and the Metagame Character Assassination of The Mittani in the media made it quite clear that allowing festering morons to spout their **** unopposed is harmful to EVE's culture.

You saw this in a similar fashion when we realized during CSM5 that the CSM was being staffed by complete and utter dipshits -- we realized this around the same time a bunch of people who had literally never seen a Jump Bridge in their lives started suggesting that they should be removed from the game.

This is just a natural extension of that -- the CSM needed Nullsec voices to counterbalance the head-in-sand stance of some of the Highsec reps at the time, and now the forums need Nullsec voices to counteract the pathetic bleating of a bunch of people who would destroy EVE in their fetishistic addiction to seeing their wallet numbers tick (every few hours when they come back and check on their illegal bots, anyway).

In short: Congratulations, Pubbies! You are finally stupid and asinine enough to draw our attention.

umm jump bridges are amoung the worst additions to the game ever... even worse then super caps... or ccp zulupaks idea for nerfing carriers...

JF and JB completely ruinined local deep 0.0 industry...

i say completley remove them from game... reimburse sp and isk for ships/ pos mods and moveon.org

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Ice Fist
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#127 - 2012-05-01 19:30:56 UTC
I'd like to personally thank all of the whiners in this thread for inadvertantly funding the GSF reimbursement program and supercap subsidies.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#128 - 2012-05-01 19:35:06 UTC
Ice Fist wrote:
I'd like to personally thank all of the whiners in this thread for inadvertantly funding the GSF reimbursement program and supercap subsidies.

Is there a Google or another Goon Translator online somewhere ???? Not quite able to connect the dots to....anything really.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#129 - 2012-05-01 19:37:40 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
What about the metagame cyberbullying of same media to remove the instances mentioned of Mittani's cyberbullying?

it's how wikipedia defines "cyberbullying" so surely the respected news site Massively known wide for their journalistic integrity is correct and certainly not trying to deflect their own misconduct onto us

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#130 - 2012-05-01 19:38:04 UTC
Andski wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
What about the metagame cyberbullying of same media to remove the instances mentioned of Mittani's cyberbullying?

it's how wikipedia defines "cyberbullying" so surely the respected news site Massively known wide for their journalistic integrity is correct and certainly not trying to deflect their own misconduct onto us

also a bunch of twitter exchanges do not constitute "cyber-bullying"

massively is run by idiots

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#131 - 2012-05-01 19:43:15 UTC
NPC corp posters offer their experienced opinions on things like jump bridges
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#132 - 2012-05-01 19:46:28 UTC
Alhezhar Alabyd al-Mu'minin wrote:
I feel like y'all undercut your arguments a little when you disagree not so much with the idea of the thing existing in the game, but mostly you don't like that people other than you own that thing?

Seems more like envy than imbalance?

Personally, not myself. The idea of some better areas to fight for is a standard of really any pvp game. Control the high ground, get the resource push, etc. But the one major thing about this is no effor to mine it. I think that the sec (-7 etc or the Ihub industry rating) should be what makes a space valuable. You will get these high value areas to control, but no longer just controlling them should mean instant money. Need the foundation to actually make use of it. Imagine a goons now needing an industry base to feed their combat habits Lol

Would be like sitting on an african diamond mine with nothing but cotton balls to dig with. Means nothing even though you control.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Ice Fist
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#133 - 2012-05-01 19:46:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ice Fist
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ice Fist wrote:

Is there a Google or another Goon Translator online somewhere ???? Not quite able to connect the dots to....anything really.

Hi there,

Since you're slow I will explain:

We have tech. You guys buy tech. We use the proceeds from our tech sales to fund our ship reimbursements and supercap subsidies. Therefore when you buy tech you fund our ship programs.

If you need graphs and pictures I'd be happy to supply you with them. Some people have a better time learning visually and I wouldn't want to discriminate based on learning disabilities.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#134 - 2012-05-01 19:47:33 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
NPC corp posters offer their experienced opinions on things like jump bridges

yes i dont post with main due to corp policy but thanks for the ad hominem argument...

pro fact the truth is the truth even from the mouth of babes...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#135 - 2012-05-01 19:54:27 UTC
Ice Fist wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ice Fist wrote:

Hi there,

Since you're slow I will explain:

We have tech. You guys buy tech. We use the proceeds from our tech sales to fund our ship reimbursements and supercap subsidies. Therefore when you buy tech you fund our ship programs.

If you need graphs and pictures I'd be happy to supply you with them. Some people have a better time learning visually and I wouldn't want to discriminate based on learning disabilities.

Erm....I'm coming from the standpoint of I see evidence of BOTH sides whining.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#136 - 2012-05-01 19:56:15 UTC
Andski wrote:

No. It sure doesn't. Rollhttp://verdict.justia.com/2011/12/16/cyberbullying-on-twitter-part-one

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#137 - 2012-05-01 21:25:45 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Andski wrote:

No. It sure doesn't. Rollhttp://verdict.justia.com/2011/12/16/cyberbullying-on-twitter-part-one

oh man you sure are going full spectrum on this

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#138 - 2012-05-01 21:51:37 UTC
Andski wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:

weeeeeelllll given youre a lawyer Mittens, you should already know this but for the sake of argument

Quote:
What Is Cyberbullying?

Cyberbullying is the use of technology to harass, threaten, embarrass, or target another person. By definition, it occurs among young people. When an adult is involved, it may meet the definition of cyber-harassment or cyber-stalking, a crime that can have legal consequences and involve jail time.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/cyberbullying.html

Quote:
What is Cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying is
Quote:
any harassment that occurs via the Internet
. Vicious forum posts, name calling in chat rooms, posting fake profiles on web sites, and mean or cruel email messages are all ways of cyberbullying.

http://teenadvice.about.com/od/schoolviolence/a/cyberbullying1.htm

"Cyberbullying is similar to other types of bullying, except it takes place online and through text messages sent to cell phones. Cyberbullies can be classmates, online acquaintances, and even anonymous users, but most often they do know their victims."

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/cyberbullying/what-is-cyberbullying

"What is cyberbullying, exactly?

"Cyberbullying" is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. It has to have a minor on both sides, or at least have been instigated by a minor against another minor. Once adults become involved, it is plain and simple cyber-harassment or cyberstalking. Adult cyber-harassment or cyberstalking is NEVER called cyberbullying."

Ah youre right, its CyberSTALKING

"What Is Cyberstalking?
From the U.S. Department of Justice

Although there is no universally accepted definition of cyberstalking, the term is used in this report to refer to the use of the Internet, e-mail, or other electronic communications devices to stalk another person. Stalking generally involves harassing or threatening behavior that an individual engages in repeatedly, such as following a person, appearing at a person's home or place of business, making harassing phone calls, leaving written messages or objects, or vandalizing a person's property. Most stalking laws require that the perpetrator make a credible threat of violence against the victim; others include threats against the victim's immediate family; and still others require only that the alleged stalker's course of conduct constitute an implied threat. While some conduct involving annoying or menacing behavior might fall short of illegal stalking, such behavior may be a prelude to stalking and violence and should be treated seriously."

http://www.cyberguards.com/CyberStalking.html

"Question: What is cyberstalking?
Answer: Cyberstalking is a technologically-based “attack” on one person who has been targeted specifically for that attack for reasons of anger, revenge or control.

Cyberstalking can take many forms, including:

harassment, embarrassment and humiliation of the victim

emptying bank accounts or other economic control such as ruining the victim's credit score
harassing family, friends and employers to isolate the victim
scare tactics to instill fear and more."

http://womensissues.about.com/od/violenceagainstwomen/f/Cyberstalking.htm

add to that, THAT is actually illegal...

Oh look, not one Wikipedia enrty

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#139 - 2012-05-01 22:18:39 UTC
you're right, massively's writers are children, pre-teens and teenagers

Doctor Benway Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#140 - 2012-05-01 22:19:20 UTC
Andski is my alt, actually.

Don't worry if you don't know me, that's kind of the point.