These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to stay the safest during Hulkageddon

Author
Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#21 - 2012-05-01 12:37:07 UTC
Modulated Deep Core miner II on Marauder. You get a huge cargo hold drones and tank the beast like nothing else.
Vyl Vit
#22 - 2012-05-01 14:23:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyl Vit
I'm partial to the idea of The Masters of Hulkageddon (HAG Masters) roaming space looking for Hulks but none appear.
Do one of the many OTHER things the game has to offer. Let the HAG Masters roam space, gate after gate, region after region, getting on each other's nerves till they're asking, "Whose brilliant idea was THIS?" I don't know.
The thought just appeals to me.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Alotta Cleavage
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-05-01 15:23:01 UTC
Sold my Hulk and bought a Typhoon. Expanded cargo and Anchored containers.
If someone manages to blow that up the Insurance will cover it.

Really funny thing was a Hulk blew up the other day in the system I sold it in.
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#24 - 2012-05-01 15:34:25 UTC
As others have suggested, just keep your Hulks docked, and either play another game or run missions or something that doesn't involve the symphony of the stones.
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-05-01 16:18:34 UTC
Ioci wrote:
Cancel your sub for a month. Play something else.

this. I know more than a few who are lol

The longer the HaG the longer and more the miners leave. Eventually CCP will see it in the wallet THEN GUESS WHAT

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Blobber NL
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-05-01 16:45:01 UTC
* waits for the day the goons come whit the 'genius' idea to make hulkgeddon permanent 12 months a year.
ian papabear
No Regard.
#27 - 2012-05-01 16:49:09 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Yes, you could try watching your overview like a hawk and staying aligned, but it's much easier and safer to just mine in mission pockets, or probe down grav sites.

But still keep a close watch on your overview, just in case. Blink

since when do overviews show cloakies? XD

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#28 - 2012-05-05 01:28:09 UTC
Another point here...

What the HAG board, for intel and the leaders - you should have the "reds" marked in your contacts so that you can see them

I spent the last HAG with the HAG chat channel going - red'ed everyone as they came in, and the corps, I never saw any in my local.

Also at one point I sent a message in that channel to them to come Gank two groups of bot-miners... and they wouldn't come, I posted SS of these two blob-groups in RT, and still they would not come... why?

Because it had passed in to the second/third phase, whree most know they are not going to win anything, the cost is not being compensated for and they rather quit trying, they chat a bit and all that at that stage the only real danger comes from the ones still in the running and top KBs... so you have a simply deal with that - now this time around they did post 100M per 10 Exhumers but still that is going negative on the ISK if you add in all that it takes to do, you might break even on Dessies, but if you are using anything else your def paying for your ganking.

Anyway, it is summer and the world is open to much more than just EVE, find something to do, or as someone suggested do some tech upgrades...

The best situation as a miner is this for HAG
1. Do not mine, why? because then the market goes nuts and their ships/modules/etc get more expensive, and your ships are safe in your hangar, no cost.
2. Sit and watch the Market, watch that in 30 days of this the market is going to be so miner friendly that you will easily make back any loses... that is what the Goons are planing on doing... called Market Manipulation... pay attention to it and make it work for you.

Ultimately you have to decide to do things your way, but it pays to stockpile minerals, build a few passive incomes - there are many, and when you put them together, HAG and such are never much of an issue... even 30 days of it.
ModeratedToSilence
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-05-05 01:50:13 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Safest? Dont log in.

and then write poorly/inaccurately titled threads on the game forum.
Mashie Saldana
I'm Sorry Shoot What?
WE FORM V0LTA
#30 - 2012-05-05 01:56:35 UTC
Just come to Hakeri and the surrounding systems, the gankers are unlikely to get you among all the other hulks there.
Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#31 - 2012-05-05 02:31:21 UTC
Its sooo easy.. Do not login.. never, ever, anymore.. No miners - solved
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-05-05 03:05:15 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Safest? Dont log in.

No, biomass your miner and come back 10 hours later to confirm. Whammo! Can't be ganked when you were so proactive you can't do it anymore Twisted
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#33 - 2012-05-05 04:44:16 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Yes, you could try watching your overview like a hawk and staying aligned, but it's much easier and safer to just mine in mission pockets, or probe down grav sites.

But still keep a close watch on your overview, just in case. Blink

Why mine at all? Get in a Thrasher/Brutix/Tornado and join the fun!

Velia Rex
#34 - 2012-05-05 08:59:28 UTC
Mining as usual, mostly alone in my system... I don't care Bear
Doctor Ungabungas
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-05-05 09:08:45 UTC
Pick any low-sec system in the game, mine in it.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#36 - 2012-05-05 11:29:25 UTC
Blobber NL wrote:
* waits for the day the goons come whit the 'genius' idea to make hulkgeddon permanent 12 months a year.

Thought it already was.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#37 - 2012-05-05 12:10:00 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Ioci wrote:
Cancel your sub for a month. Play something else.

this. I know more than a few who are lol

The longer the HaG the longer and more the miners leave. Eventually CCP will see it in the wallet THEN GUESS WHAT

So a suscriber can´t be bothered not to mine for a month but will never mine again (ragequit) when being blown up?
Doesn´t really make sense to me, I must admit.

Of course, we are taking about a species that actually does the most boring part of this game, possible while being AFK and doing something else entirely, so "making sense" might not be the strongest argument here......

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Didier Nardieu
Tux factory
#38 - 2012-05-05 12:23:58 UTC
When i read dont mine, take your time to fight its a joke ? null sec player mine under bs protection and say high sec miner are carebear..... it's a piti to read that.
In this game everybody could find is way, but some guys have decide that you cant do that because its a pvp game.... these guys represent under 30% of the players and cry.
Eve isnt a pvp game.. eve is all that you want !!! go in your null sec systems little dictators.. dont forget eve is the property of all the players not a little part who want direct the others.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-05-05 12:39:42 UTC
The thing gankers don't realize is that killboards are bad for their business. Cool
Luis Graca
#40 - 2012-05-05 13:56:06 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
The thing gankers don't realize is that killboards are bad for their business. Cool

how is it that a killboard is bad for someone that kill?