These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ccp - why cant i shoot a flashy pod anymore?

First post
Author
Heinrich Rotwang
Spectre Fleet Corporation
Spectre Fleet Alliance
#101 - 2012-04-29 10:45:19 UTC
With a working overview, Eve would lose half of its complexity.
DODGE CITY
Keep it Hard
#102 - 2012-04-29 17:03:37 UTC
Bubanni wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
So here's the rules:
* You can freely kill a pod if the pilot is an outlaw (below -5 sec status)
* You can't kill a pod if the pilot just has a GCC. If you try, you'll get the non-suppressible "Are you sure? CONCORD will wtfpwn you if you do this" dialog
This has always been the case

Normally someone with GCC will show up as red. What changed with Escalation was that we removed a special case in the UI that suppressed this red if they had GCC AND were in a pod. Now someone with GCC will always show up as red, regardless of their ship. However you will stil get punished if you kill a GCC pod BUT only if you click 'Yes' to the CONCORD question.

I do agree this can be a little confusing, and we're looking at adjusting it a little based on feedback such as this.

What a horrible change, there was no reason for that... worst of all, you forgot to tell everyone!
You should really consider reimbursing everyone who lost ships because of this.

let me get this straight before i decide to start popping pods if i see a red icon at jita gate and click their character info and their security status is negative -0.5 and i pop him/her i will not get concorded or is their security status need to be negative -5.0
by ccp just saying -5 can be interpreted differently when the game makes them red on overview

Troll Skill Lv3 ≡√≡

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2012-04-29 21:05:12 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:
Refer to post #2 in this thread.

As well, apropos nothing else whatsoever:

I saw an awful lot of un-manned shuttles spammed outside the 4/4 undock last night. I thought CCP took a dim view of that sort of thing?

But then gewn-trash is special, they tell me.

I am sure you petitioned what you saw?

No, they all blew up as I was watching a few minutes later--GMhax?

Ni.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2012-04-29 21:26:22 UTC
so much paranoia, but serious CCP, you need to make a single way to show players, YES YOU CAN SHOOT THIS AND YOU WILL NOT GET BLOWN UP.

visually, not in a spread sheet please. players don't read complicated spreadsheets to the rules before playing eve online.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#105 - 2012-04-29 21:48:53 UTC
Vaal Erit wrote:

Yes the change to make pods turn red and not be killable is ridiculous. Red = you can shoot. Why are they red if I cannot shoot them? It only confuses the noobs who don't understand the game. It makes the game more complicated for no good reason. Change it back.

More specifically we need options in the overview to control the display of:

- I can shoot this pilot without CONCORD / gate-guns interfering.
- But we also need a way to color-code people who can shoot us, without CONCORD / gate-guns interfering.

They're not the same thing, and should not be tied together under the default overview.

One possibility would be to give us more colors. Or give us more / different icon choices. Or maybe 2-colors per item, which we can blend / pattern in some way (checkerboard, stripes, fade from A to B as you go horizontally).
Bohoba
#106 - 2012-04-29 22:03:05 UTC
Adriel Malakai wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
What was the purpose of removing the suppression thingy?

They didn't remove any form of suppression. In the Escalation patch, CCP modified how pods of pilots who have a GCC timer are displayed on the overview. Prior to Escalation, these pods would appear like any other pod (white) unless the pilot was an outlaw, meaning their security status was below -5.0. In this instance (being an outlaw), their pod would appear red on the overview, so everyone knew they could legally shoot the pod - if they could catch it. Because the GCC pods were white, they knew that they could not legally shoot this pods without facing the wrath of CONCORD.

With Escalation, this was changed so that pods belonging to pilots who just went GCC appear as red on the overview. In fact, they are indistinguishable from outlaw pods at a glance - with the only differentiating factor being the security status displayed in your 'Selected Item' window. What's happening now, is that people who have their "CONCORD will blow you up if you shoot this" warning permanently suppressed are getting CONCORDed for shooting pods that are red.

Part of this is people being stupid, the rest is CCP being, well, CCP, and 'fixing' a 'bug' that has made gameplay both more difficult and more obscure without actually thinking about the consequences.

lol it almost got me lol dang it ccp nice try lol

Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#107 - 2012-04-30 07:47:13 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:

I saw an awful lot of un-manned shuttles spammed outside the 4/4 undock last night. I thought CCP took a dim view of that sort of thing?

So, you are saying that
1) A GM blew up those shuttles, AND
2) GMs don't do anything if goonies spam shuttles?

Does not compute.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#108 - 2012-04-30 11:53:34 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Chopper Rollins wrote:
This stuff is just punk nonsense anyway, ever heard of Demonfge Malevolent?

How is that guy so well known? He followed me round for about a year.

OFF TOPIC

He's been rolling through highsec systems offering players 30 , 50 , 100 million isk bonuses if they join his corp with their hulks, freighters/ other valuable noncombat stuff. They join corp, report to somewhere with their stuff and get ganked by corpies.
Hardeharhar I'm sure, but the backstory is he's an old guy who spends a lot of time trying to grief people out of EVE. A loo-oo--ot of time.
Saw his new character in Dodixie the other day, corp name The Contorted Ones, still doing the same offer. So it's probably fortunate that he's too lazy to cook up new schemes and can't help using a diabolical corp name. Goes with the inflated sense of importance and predatory contempt of fail humans everywhere.

ON TOPIC
THREAD COMPOSITION SCAN SHOWS

25% Helpful Insight
25% Casual Blather
50% HerpDerp I'm Better Than Somebody Must Celebrate Hurr People Are Stupid Especially The Ones Who Remark On The Stupidity Of Others Revealing Shrivelled Wrinkly Little Inferiority Complexes

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Oraac Ensor
#109 - 2012-04-30 20:55:38 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
So here's the rules:
* You can't kill a pod if the pilot just has a GCC. If you try, you'll get the non-suppressible "Are you sure? CONCORD will wtfpwn you if you do this" dialog

Normally someone with GCC will show up as red. What changed with Escalation was that we removed a special case in the UI that suppressed this red if they had GCC AND were in a pod. Now someone with GCC will always show up as red, regardless of their ship. However you will stil get punished if you kill a GCC pod BUT only if you click 'Yes' to the CONCORD question.

I do agree this can be a little confusing, and we're looking at adjusting it a little based on feedback such as this.

If you can't even kill a GCC pod, how come Goons were podding their innocent victims in Jita?
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#110 - 2012-04-30 21:10:11 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:

If you can't even kill a GCC pod, how come Goons were podding their innocent victims in Jita?

Because they didn't *care* if they got GCC. Dur.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#111 - 2012-05-01 08:26:59 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:

So, you are saying that
1) A GM blew up those shuttles, AND
2) GMs don't do anything if goonies spam shuttles?

Does not compute.

No, I'm just saying that I saw them all blow up at once a few minutes later. And I'm wondering if it was GMs that did it? Or were they blown up "normally?" (I saw/heard no weapon-effects, and smartbombs would have tagged me and others as well, sooooo...)

No, I didn't petition, but maybe someone else did. Also, I saw an ISD pilot in a Polaris Legatus frigate on-grid about the same time (could s/he have blown them up?).

Those shuttles were there for at least 15-20 minutes (that I was on the 4/4 undock, anyway--who knows if/how much longer they'd been there before I'd undocked?).

It seems to me that gewnz are allowed to get away with a lot.

Ni.

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2012-05-01 08:29:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Oraac Ensor wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
So here's the rules:

Because gewnz don't care about going GCC and losing sec-status in the process of killing said "innocents?"

[/facepalm]

E:

Almost got a -5.2 sec gewnitrash-pod with my inventor-alt's dual scripted-SeBo'ed Talos on the undock--dammit!

Ni.

Liam Mirren
#113 - 2012-05-01 09:53:30 UTC
You have to realise that many changes in EVE aren't because they're logical or wanted, but merely because it fits the current/newly implemented game mechanics. The flashing pod being a prime example of this, it's not wanted or needed but it's "easier with the existing code". In other words, ****** coding and CCP being back to their old antics of pushing out broken content, nothing has changed since :18 months:.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Softcap
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#114 - 2012-05-01 10:05:06 UTC
I too feel that CCP's behaviour in this has been disgusting. Just the other day I was about to shoot a pod in Jita and a large box came up saying "If you do this CONCORD will destroy you."

Of course, I ignored that blatant fearmongering and attacked anyway.
CCP please fix this bug immediately, since it clearly favours those who can read.
Spurty
#115 - 2012-05-01 11:06:01 UTC
CCP moving goal posts causing a lot of support tickets for you is it?

Don't look at the customer as if they should understand why a duck is a duck except when you decide, no its now a zebra

If it flashes red in high sec, it's a potential bounty pay out.
If that's not your intention, why did you write code that makes it flash red in high sec?

You've wasted dev hours writing that code
You've wasted qa hours testing that code
You've confused your customers with an illogical explanation for a bug
You've got support tickets to fix (do it right, repair all pilots security status)

Seriously, your overview is all pilots really care about. Seconds count, and if it flashes, tough ******* for the pod pilot. Hell generate one support ticket. If 10 people shoot him, you get 10 x the tickets. You really do like to do like creating work for yourselves.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Elsebeth Rhiannon
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#116 - 2012-05-01 12:38:50 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
No, I'm just saying that I saw them all blow up at once a few minutes later. And I'm wondering if it was GMs that did it? Or were they blown up "normally?" (I saw/heard no weapon-effects, and smartbombs would have tagged me and others as well, sooooo...)

No, I didn't petition, but maybe someone else did. Also, I saw an ISD pilot in a Polaris Legatus frigate on-grid about the same time (could s/he have blown them up?).

Those shuttles were there for at least 15-20 minutes (that I was on the 4/4 undock, anyway--who knows if/how much longer they'd been there before I'd undocked?).

Just shortly:
- very possible it was a GM, that happens,
- afaik ISD do not have magickal GM powerz, so it was not them, and more importantly,
- if you did not petition it, you do not get to whine about how CCP does or does not do anything and how people get away with stuff; do your part first and complain then about how others do theirs.

Sorry for the off-topic.
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#117 - 2012-05-01 13:49:29 UTC
Vince Snetterton wrote:

And the silent majority simply does not care to post on the forums.
Eventually, with all the screws being turned on high sec players by all the null sec zealots in-game and the faction within CCP (Jon Landers, CCP Soundwave et al), the silent majority will just let their subs lapse.

It will take months to percolate through, but by August, no later than September/October, CCP will see a slow but noticeable drop in subs as the silent majority give up playing. The sociopaths will be overjoyed. The accountants and marketing people within CCP will not be quite so overjoyed. CCP will not announce the drop in subs, they never do.

That will be the turning point. Will CCP take action to reign in the group intent on turning Eve into Anarchy Online, catering to a small, but dedicated group of sick people? Or will they decide be happy to be a niche company with a style of gameplay that will never attract the causal player?

My bet, unfortunately, is that the sociopaths will win out, and Eve will continue down a path of "shut up carebear, killing is the only career path, give me your stuff before I blow it up".

Yep, exactly.
Kieron VonDeux
#118 - 2012-05-01 14:23:46 UTC
They should make overview options that clearly seperate outlaw from GCC.

And, if someone makes GCC flashy, where they can shoot at them, they shouldn't be flashy once they are in a pod if they can't leagally shoot.

ToG
Pillowsoft
#119 - 2012-05-01 20:46:49 UTC
Softcap wrote:
I too feel that CCP's behaviour in this has been disgusting. Just the other day I was about to shoot a pod in Jita and a large box came up saying "If you do this CONCORD will destroy you."

Of course, I ignored that blatant fearmongering and attacked anyway.
CCP please fix this bug immediately, since it clearly favours those who can read.

Not all of us got that warning. I've been unable to do anything the past week due to the sec hit I took
Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2012-05-01 22:20:52 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:

Just shortly:
- very possible it was a GM, that happens,
- afaik ISD do not have magickal GM powerz, so it was not them, and more importantly,
- if you did not petition it, you do not get to whine about how CCP does or does not do anything and how people get away with stuff; do your part first and complain then about how others do theirs.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Not whining, just wondering, what's up with this, one way or the other--IE, is this actually petitionable?

CCP does seem to take a dim view thereof, but it also seems like a big grey area, too.

IOW, where is the line drawn, and maybe dev-response we can haz?

K, now, back on topic, namely the eff'ed up and clunky-ass overview.

Ni.