These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#1 - 2012-05-01 06:07:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Helicity Boson
Dear oh dear.

It looks like we have made a mess!

Remember boys and girls, for the rest of the month you get paid 100million isk for every 10 killing blows!
And if you're particularly deadly, you might win some awesome prizes!

Love,

H.B.
qDoctor Strangelove
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-05-01 06:14:16 UTC
That was fast.
Only what, 2 days?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3 - 2012-05-01 06:15:50 UTC
It must bother you a bit that mittani stole your event out from under you. I bet next year you won't even get a mention.

Mr Epeen Cool
Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#4 - 2012-05-01 06:17:26 UTC
Great Gooey Slimeballs!!

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †  

Kievan Arakyd
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-05-01 06:34:21 UTC
I never realized how dumb highsec miners were until i started to help gank them with my gang. No tank, no rep support, some even only fit 2 strip miners on hulks.

Burn them all.

http://i.imgur.com/7jfND.jpg

Got my Dust514 key...

Wilma Shakespear
Quarks low Tax Corp
#6 - 2012-05-01 08:24:17 UTC
Kievan Arakyd wrote:
I never realized how dumb highsec miners were until i started to help gank them with my gang. No tank, no rep support, some even only fit 2 strip miners on hulks.

Burn them all.

Thats why they call it "Highsec"
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#7 - 2012-05-01 08:26:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Helicity Boson wrote:
Dear oh dear.

It looks like we have made a mess!

Remember boys and girls, for the rest of the month you get paid 100million isk for every 10 killing blows!
And if you're particularly deadly, you might win some awesome prizes!

Love,

H.B.

Just recall to don't blow Orcas and don't use smartbombs, as there are no cookies for you!
TWHC Assistant
#8 - 2012-05-01 08:35:09 UTC
Keep an eye on the player count. The numbers are going down compared to last week. Use it as a tear-o-meter if you like or to measure your success.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-01 08:39:57 UTC
Kievan Arakyd wrote:

Burn them all.

No tank that can possibly be fit on a Hulk stands a chance against a suicide ganker and friends. So why bother at all? In the end, the Hulk that fit for mining vs tanking; the mining fit will have netted a far better yield compared to the tanked Hulk.

Of course the best tank to fit on a Hulk is making sure the system in the top left of your screen does not say anything higher than 0.4 for security.
Liam Mirren
#10 - 2012-05-01 08:49:28 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Kievan Arakyd wrote:

Burn them all.

No tank that can possibly be fit on a Hulk stands a chance against a suicide ganker and friends. So why bother at all? In the end, the Hulk that fit for mining vs tanking; the mining fit will have netted a far better yield compared to the tanked Hulk.

Of course the best tank to fit on a Hulk is making sure the system in the top left of your screen does not say anything higher than 0.4 for security.

Yes because fitting some mods that make it impossible to be killed by a single ganker means absolutely nothing, it's not like he'll simply go the the guy next to you who doesn't tank at all, right?

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-05-01 08:55:35 UTC
Drag The Carebears Into The Actual Game Kicking And Screaming Like Children Every Day.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#12 - 2012-05-01 09:03:08 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Kievan Arakyd wrote:

Burn them all.

I know you're not really this dumb.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

TWHC Assistant
#13 - 2012-05-01 09:06:50 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
I thought you're not really this dumb, but you changed.

Fixed it.
Belshazzar Babylon
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-05-01 10:00:52 UTC
Any pilots lose 2 Hulks yet?
Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#15 - 2012-05-01 11:42:37 UTC
I check the tears section of your website every day Helicity... I am really sad that you have received no tears yet to publish :(
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#16 - 2012-05-01 12:35:54 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
I check the tears section of your website every day Helicity... I am really sad that you have received no tears yet to publish :(

Well, you have to remember, according to carebears, they run the economy, control resources, the means of production, and the market, essentially making them our pimps. And as we all know, pimps don't cry.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#17 - 2012-05-01 12:50:45 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Keep an eye on the player count. The numbers are going down compared to last week. Use it as a tear-o-meter if you like or to measure your success.

If you consider less players playing Eve a success you are literally a terrorist, and IMHO, a total douche also.

The former is fact, latter opinion.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Riyal
invidious Squid
#18 - 2012-05-01 13:00:40 UTC
The people that quit because of this were never going to be long term players. Eve is really not a game for people that cannot bounce back from a loss.

In hindsight my post should have had more psssshhhh

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-05-01 13:09:01 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Drag The Carebears Into The Actual Game Kicking And Screaming Like Children Every Day.

You've got that wrong. You and yours are like any numbers of people who lash out at others when you don't get enough attention. You're not making people do anything for their own benefit. You're merely preying upon miners because they can't shoot back and you're too pathetic to find real fights.

You and yours are more like those kids that bring assault rifles to their highschool to "show the world" that you're hardcore.

Don't ban me, bro!

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-05-01 13:15:24 UTC
Thousand dead hulks in two days, last big announcement like that in the last Wankageddon-circlejerkforsocialcoolfactor was what....1000 dead hulks in like a week? Why is that...could it be that a buffed destroyer class particularly with hybrids is far easier to throw away then a battleship when its no longer insurable. Naw, it couldn't be because that becaue the battleship cost more then the destroyer but a player is willing to throw away a few million more so then a hundred million...bet it would be fking awesome to see dudes throw faction battleships while they are sitting in their basment command centers downing Hotpockets, Cheetos, and Mountain Dew but that would never happen *whispers* because humans are inherently risk adverse so you will never see them hurt themselves so long as the other guy takes a bigger loss and it makes the first guy's ego feel better.
123Next pageLast page