These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

That’s why ... to thank You, Our Pilots. OurEVE.

Author
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-04-30 21:18:37 UTC
I can understand the op's disappointment. Those gift items are all easily obtainable in-game and older players already have most of those skills and items.

I would have liked an option to pick one of the various 'Collector' ships that have been introduced to the game in the past. I'm sure a lot of players have an incomplete collection and probably would love to complete their collection of ships, like the rarely seen Interbus shuttle or the new Quafe Industrial, etc.

As for this: A Paxist Treasure - Pax Ammaria - Collector's Item

It sounds interesting but due to lack of information, I don't see how it could be useful or used in-game by the player.

I remember when everyone got the 'Snowballs and Launcher'. That was a unique and excellent fun gift. Too bad it only lasted for a short time due to not being able to resupply the 'Snowballs' as well as them melting after a specific date. I still have pools of melted 'Snowballs' stored in station hangar, just waiting for another cold wave to sweep across the universe again.

Asl Pls
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-04-30 21:19:56 UTC
no remap :'(
Hauling Hal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-04-30 21:27:51 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
I can understand the op's disappointment. Those gift items are all easily obtainable in-game and older players already have most of those skills and items.

Crying that CCP's gifts are better value to new players than vets, now that's new...
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-04-30 21:34:54 UTC
Well, I kinda understand. It would be nice to have collectible options, aurums or the like instead. Mainly because well, I dunno, it really doesn't seem that neat or fun. Personally, aurum would be alright even, just a little bit or something. :s

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

PsychoticMidget
Golden Scimatar
BR0WNC0ATS
#25 - 2012-05-02 07:42:12 UTC  |  Edited by: PsychoticMidget
I agree with this but at the same time it is free stuff...

That said:

i've only been playing 2 years but i don't need a couple of free cruisers(of any race) or the skills to fly or equip it...

already use +3's on my newest characters so don't need the implants and have all the ore skill books...

don't have a shortage of crystals as i make my own.

and some random collectors item... that doesn't actually do anything

given no other option i was thinking of picking the pax ammaria cause of its possible resale value in the years to come

I'd prefer a free remap. with out asking for anything expensive or powerful
Marcus Harikari
#26 - 2012-05-02 08:00:55 UTC
lol you should get banned for posting stuff like this
Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-05-02 08:43:53 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwHrlM4oVSI pretty much this.

I have more space likes than you. 

Fannie Maes
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-05-02 08:48:48 UTC
Axis Raikkonen wrote:
Faraboot wrote:

Is this how you gift your children? Is this the way of showing how grateful you are for having so many of us, us who 'In doing so over time, (..) have made EVE.' ?

I feel bad for your parents on Christmas morning.

The OP on Christmas Morning wrote:
I SAID I WANTED A DIRTBIKE GODDAMMIT NOT A MUSTANG WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

Says an SMA that had everything in EVE gifted to them by goons, we get it, you like free presents!
Mithrantir Ob'lontra
Ixion Defence Systems
#29 - 2012-05-02 09:33:58 UTC
JamesCLK wrote:
Selling the "Refine Your Skills" option (just the implants) lets you buy 2-3 sets of "Plug and Play".

If you like gambling, go for the "A Paxist Treasure" or "Drill Bits" (The latter contains a good ammount of Nocxium. CCP might also do something with the Pax Amarria?).

Predicting a skillbook value crash on all involved skillbooks too; so they'll effectively be worthless or very devaluated.
Just sayin'.

Just a clarification based on what I read on the gifts.

The drill bits gift set does not contain any Nocxium. It contains sets of mining crystals for every type of ore there is in New Eden.
Mining crystals are being used with modulated mining lasers/strip miners to give a better yield per cycle of the specific ore (if you are mining the specific asteroid).
DeltaW7
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#30 - 2012-05-02 11:13:36 UTC
Mithrantir Ob'lontra wrote:
JamesCLK wrote:
Selling the "Refine Your Skills" option (just the implants) lets you buy 2-3 sets of "Plug and Play".

If you like gambling, go for the "A Paxist Treasure" or "Drill Bits" (The latter contains a good ammount of Nocxium. CCP might also do something with the Pax Amarria?).

Predicting a skillbook value crash on all involved skillbooks too; so they'll effectively be worthless or very devaluated.
Just sayin'.

Just a clarification based on what I read on the gifts.

The drill bits gift set does not contain any Nocxium. It contains sets of mining crystals for every type of ore there is in New Eden.
Mining crystals are being used with modulated mining lasers/strip miners to give a better yield per cycle of the specific ore (if you are mining the specific asteroid).

The mining crystals can be refined to give nocxium.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-05-02 13:26:36 UTC
I must agree with the OP, sure a gift is a gift but the options given here are 100% crap
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#32 - 2012-05-02 13:43:29 UTC
Free stuff?, and I didn't even have to post a "Stuff, can I haz"

It's free, they don't have to give us free stuff on their birthday. If you really dislike them all, don't take one, alternatively take the ships, fit them out and then lose them in highly entertaining ways.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-05-02 14:12:11 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Free stuff?, and I didn't even have to post a "Stuff, can I haz"

It's free, they don't have to give us free stuff on their birthday. If you really dislike them all, don't take one, alternatively take the ships, fit them out and then lose them in highly entertaining ways.

Let me say it this way then...

Compare this gift round to the first one we had a few months ago... which one had gifts and which one has junk?
Jonah Gravenstein
#34 - 2012-05-02 14:23:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Yes the choices aren't as good as the ones we got last time, but tbh if CCP were to do that every time it wouldn't be long before they were giving out battleships for free, that is not good for the game.

They started this new way of doing things with a bang, it doesn't mean that the expectations the opening event created should have to be exceeded or matched every time they give us free stuff. By keeping the odd gifts small it remains easy to meet expectations in the long term, I wouldn't expect a choice even approaching the scale of last years to happen until at the very earliest christmas, if we're lucky.

Besides, hopefully the news articles about recent events will lure in some new players, those free gifts are going to be extremely important to them. A cruiser is the attainable future for noobs, not the distant past. Noobs are important, without them no game would ever have become a success, simply because we were all noobs once.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#35 - 2012-05-02 14:25:34 UTC
Fine, you don't get a gift. Happier now?

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#36 - 2012-05-02 14:26:15 UTC
I wish CCP would add a snowball machine as a gift. 1 unit of clear ice makes 1000 snowballs.
Big smile
Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#37 - 2012-05-02 14:29:02 UTC
You know Eve Online has improved when the only complaint players have right now is the kind of FREE gifts they are given. Just like how the Font was the only issue in Crucible.

Adapt or Die

Jonah Gravenstein
#38 - 2012-05-02 14:35:42 UTC
Henry Haphorn wrote:
You know Eve Online has improved when the only complaint players have right now is the kind of FREE gifts they are given. Just like how the Font was the only issue in Crucible.

I know, the swear filter is going to hate me for this,

Kevin Bloody Wilson wrote:

"Hey Santa claus you ****! Where's me ******* bike?
I've unwrapped all this other junk and there's nothing that I like.
I wrote you a ******* letter and I come to see you twice,
Ya worn out geriatric bastard, you forgot me ******* bike.
If I wanted a pair of bloody thongs, I'd have bloody asked
and this cowboy suit and ping pong set you can shove right up your arse!
You've stuffed me bloody order up, it's enough to make you spew
and I'm not the only one who's snakey, me sister's dirty too!
Next time I come to see ya, I'm gonna punch you in the guts
and I'll let your ******* reindeer go and kick Rudolf in the nuts!"

seems to be the attitude of some

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Hroya
#39 - 2012-05-02 14:42:29 UTC
Faraboot wrote:

Is this how you gift your children? Is this the way of showing how grateful you are

Well it does show how Ungratefull one of their children is though.

You go your corridor but.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-05-02 21:10:48 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
I wish CCP would add a snowball machine as a gift. 1 unit of clear ice makes 1000 snowballs.
Big smile

This... and its 1000% better then the current options...
Previous page123Next page