These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fair warning: HULKAGEDDON V is in effect

Author
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#81 - 2012-04-29 14:21:59 UTC
Gahagan wrote:
I'm still unclear on what makes Hulkageddon so special. I mean, you can just go pop a Hulk whenever you want. You don't need Helicity to tell you when.

If you're ganking for profit, you've got a network of trials in Catalysts already.

If you're ganking for fun, well, you're probably out ganking already.

Someone explain?

This is ganking with the purpose to beat other gankers in certain challenges. So its double the fun.

My take on it at least.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#82 - 2012-04-29 17:07:04 UTC
I am requesting amnesty for Procurers.

At least once a year they should be worth something.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#83 - 2012-04-29 17:08:30 UTC
Hey Helicity! o/

You're not returning my calls. Are you still mad that I made a fool out of you on your own blog? Blink
Rex Ruthless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#84 - 2012-04-29 17:15:10 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Some say I am an evil person, but I am not an unfair one.

Thus I give you this warning post. Starting at 0:00 tonight, hulkageddon V is in effect.

If you wish to participate and earn delicious isk and win prizes, visit the Hulkageddon V site for all the information you need.

For those of you who missed it, this year you will be paid 100 million isk for every 10 hulks/macks/skiffs/orcas you kill! As many times as you like!

Naturally there is a plethora of other prizes, which you can find on the prizes page of the website.
All you need to do to play is:

1) enter your killmail api on eve-kill.net
2) blow stuff up

We will do the rest.

Happy Hunting!

(as always, feel free to send any delicious tears to me)

[This has been a public service announcement by Helicity Boson and The Mittani]

Just a quick thanks Helicity... for all you've done to make my life of mining just that more dangerous. So it will be a whole month of sitting of the sidelines... getting splinters in my bum. I dont suppose I could borrow your tweezers... when this is all over. Geeze Loiuse... Roll
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#85 - 2012-04-29 17:23:57 UTC
Rex Ruthless wrote:

Just a quick thanks Helicity... for all you've done to make my life of mining just that more dangerous. So it will be a whole month of sitting of the sidelines... getting splinters in my bum. I dont suppose I could borrow your tweezers... when this is all over. Geeze Loiuse... Roll

You know, there are a thousand things to do besides mine. Really. Take a look: http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

TWHC Assistant
#86 - 2012-04-29 17:30:59 UTC
Why is it called a "fair warning"? Not that I want to compare Hulkageddon to murder, however when a psychopath announces a series of kills then it is called a threat and only the psychopath might call it a warning.
Rex Ruthless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#87 - 2012-04-29 17:39:48 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Rex Ruthless wrote:

You know, there are a thousand things to do besides mine. Really. Take a look: http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Thanks Krixtal... luv the graphic mate... Corp Theft - That looks like a good one... : )
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#88 - 2012-04-29 17:49:46 UTC
Rex Ruthless wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Rex Ruthless wrote:

Thanks Krixtal... luv the graphic mate... Corp Theft - That looks like a good one... : )

That one takes months, even years of long slow patience to pull off well, unless you get jollies from stealing 200 Thrashers like some kind of MMO Panty Raid.

I'd only do it if the scale of the theft would be Legendary.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Oraac Ensor
#89 - 2012-04-29 18:36:51 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Bootleg Jack wrote:
Do transports or freighters count?

Nope. But I'm pricing my fresh ones accordingly.

I thought industrials were included now?

Can we have clarification from Helicity, please?
Skorpynekomimi
#90 - 2012-04-29 18:40:33 UTC
They were legit last year, but nothing's been said this year about anything other than mining barges and exhumers.

Economic PVP

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#91 - 2012-04-29 19:08:46 UTC
With the TiDi Concord bugs in Jita showing how bad Crimwatch's coding is I suugest you all double down on patch day of Inferno Hulksters!!! You are liable to find out tons of wardeck expoights which effectively silence Concord thru out High SEC.
Right now GM's backlogs I suspect are outrageous... The Incursion nerf has more then DECIMATED that community & I see plenty of questions about mining. I suspect your goal of creating as much unsubs as possible thru rage quits will be met and then some Evil
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Singulis Pacifica
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2012-04-29 19:17:33 UTC
I didn't want to create a new post to the forums about this, but I do hope that it will not be overlooked here either.

I have some questions on this event if I may.

First: which ships are the targets?
Obviously, Hulks and Mackinaws according to the website Helicity has provided. But the Goons kill board also mentions Orcas as well. What about Skiffs, Procurers, Covetors and Retrievers? Assuming they are not included in the reward system, one might argue that it is not efficient to gank those as it will only result in a loss of the ship that destroys the miner, and it will not be counted or rewarded at all. In this perspective, what about industrials? I've seen a fair amount of new players mining in those as they do not have a large ship yet that can hold a substantial amount of ore (regardless of how inefficient mining in an industrial is). Are all industrials included as well, or just the ones caught mining?

Second: what could players do to protect themselves?
I have no Hulk ship or any mining barge for that matter (I hardly mine anyway), but assume that a player (miner) in a corp has some friends that want to protect him. Now, knowing the Hulk pilot is a target, they fly some Covert Ops ships and lay in wait. Ganker comes along and opens fire. What can the corp do to protect him without CONCORD destroying all their ships as well?

Is it possible that, assuming the Ganker opens fire first

A: because the ganker opened fire on a corp member, all members of that same corp are allowed to fire back, even though the intial assault was not directed at the players, but at the Hulk pilot? Is this also the case if the players defending the Hulk pilot are not in the same Corp, but are in the same alliance?

B: If the description of A will always lead to CONCORD attacking the corp/alliance members as well, it is only possible to legally return fire upon a ganker if all members are part of a fleet, including the Hulk pilot?

Third: the possibility of scarcity

It has been announced that the event is going to last for an entire month. This is a new record as far as the length is concerend, but assuming all participants are quite skilled in reducing the number of Hulks and Macks, could it also be that the supply of targets eventually runs out in the last week? Obviously, there are plenty of Hulks and Macks around now, so you all have your work cut out for you, but isn't it a concern that mining in High-Sec will be reduced to a standstill and only the larger corps in 0.0 sec are the only ones using Hulks and whatnot, thereby making the event a lot harder as 0.0 corps have the resources available to defend their mining operations?

It would be nice if some participants would be able to respond on the matter.
Gahagan
White Moon Aeronautics
#93 - 2012-04-29 20:02:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gahagan
Singulis: use a Nighthawk or Kitsune with some sensor boosters and Minmatar jammers.

The gank ship of choice is a Tornado, and most Tornado fits rely on two volleys to destroy a Hulk. If you're quick you can wait cloaked in a belt, and then drop cloak and jam the ganking ship in between cycles (but after it has already fired on the miner). That way, you'll be able to jam the ganker with impunity, since he's already flagged as a criminal.

Make sure your miner is using a tank fit too, so that he survives the first volley.

If you've got a small Catalyst gang, or multiple Tornados, this strategy won't work. But it will knock out a lone wolf ganker.

Edit: your other questions.

You are never safe in highsec. Know that you can be ganked any time, in any ship, by anyone. That said: pay attention!

Did someone in a Tornado warp into your belt? You should probably leave.
Is there a Tornado on your d-scanner? You should probably leave.
Does someone in local have a red skull on their portrait? You should probably leave.

You're likely to be much safer in a Covetor or Retriever than a Hulk, but it depends on how smart you are. If you watch local carefully and use your d-scanner, you can mine throughout Hulkageddon without consequence. If you think mining is an excuse to go watch TV, you'll likely be losing some ships in the coming month.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#94 - 2012-04-29 20:22:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Singulis Pacifica wrote:

SNIP

It would be nice if some participants would be able to respond on the matter.

http://hulkageddon5.machine9.net/?page_id=14

Here are your answers. Obviously Hulkageddon involves only Hulks and Macks, Retrievers, Covetors, Procurors and Skiffs.

Also, ask the OP for detailed details. It's her event AND thread. Helicity Boson

Getting really tired of telling everyone it is not a Goon event. Never was. They get way too much unearned credit for nonsense, please don't contribute.

BTW, too bad the guy actually Ice Mining in a Procurer last week isn't in belt today. Evil

Yep.
One. Cube. At. A. Time.

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#95 - 2012-04-30 12:31:43 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:
Why is it called a "fair warning"? Not that I want to compare Hulkageddon to murder, however when a psychopath announces a series of kills then it is called a threat and only the psychopath might call it a warning.

Simple, because unlike a serial killer, hulkageddon won't go into your house (station) and kill you.

And I try to make it a point to give the savvy miners fair warning so we only catch the oblivious or willfully ignorant players.
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#96 - 2012-04-30 13:09:07 UTC
3.5 billion isk Hulks?

We've got YOU covered!

http://hulkageddon5.machine9.net/?p=69
Wilma Shakespear
Quarks low Tax Corp
#97 - 2012-06-20 07:59:17 UTC
cant wait till Crimewatch will be coming
Yolanta Geezenstack
GWA Corp
#98 - 2012-06-20 08:03:13 UTC
2-month necro, not bad. But I have seen better. 2/10.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2012-06-20 20:00:28 UTC
Can I get 10 mil for 1 hulk?

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2012-06-20 20:07:55 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
TWHC Assistant wrote:

Simple, because unlike a serial killer, hulkageddon won't go into your house (station) and kill you.

And I try to make it a point to give the savvy miners fair warning so we only catch the oblivious or willfully ignorant players.

lol, :;deep breath:: I'm going in. What makes you think that serial killers only kill you in your home...? Most actually don't do this - I can name five just off the top of my head that never killed one person who was in their home.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]