These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

How to annoy a wormholer; or, Your Pos and you

Author
Arazel Chainfire
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-04-27 04:07:21 UTC
slightly fail on my part... but also a good bit of fail on theirs. I bought a C2 w/ C3 static and it included a thanatos. All was well and good for a bit, I had a medium POS up and was preparing to put up a large, when my ISP decides to cut off my service (a whole different story... we had wanted it turned off about a month and a half later, and didn't want it to renew a contract... now almost a year later and its STILL causing problems for us). So we were unexpectedly without service for about 2 weeks.

Come back, and someone killed my tower and placed one of their own up right where mine used to be. Since I had logged off at the pos, we came hurtling back in and bounced off the shields. Expected to get blapped... and nothing... log back in all the alts and roommate, no cloaks... sitting outside of the POS (it had guns and everything), not getting shot. Took a potshot at it... no return fire. Debated getting revenge for their temerity... decided to move into alliance C5 instead.

It was really tempting to go in and bash that POS to bits though...

-Arazel
Argaral
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-04-27 04:41:30 UTC
These stories, combined with the Tiger Ears blog, heavily make me want to join a WH Corp. Sadly I see no AU TZ ones
Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#23 - 2012-04-27 04:51:06 UTC
Argaral wrote:
These stories, combined with the Tiger Ears blog, heavily make me want to join a WH Corp. Sadly I see no AU TZ ones

Talocan United has a few aussie players.
Argaral
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-04-27 08:45:44 UTC
Bernie Nator wrote:
Argaral wrote:

Talocan United has a few aussie players.

Look, while I'd be thrilled, every time an alliance says "we're active in the AU TZ" so far it's been so disappointing. LAWN was a good example, 1 month, not a signle op in our TZ. I'm in RvB atm simply because people want to do something together. I did consider a Talocan corp before I went to LAWN but I felt I was far too inexperienced.
Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-04-27 09:11:07 UTC
>> Rorqual and Chimera (I think) as well as several other ships sitting in a forcefield unpiloted.
>> Noone online in their wormhole
>> Seiged their crappy tower in about an hour
>> Tower had 2 hours stront.....
>> Waited
>> Stole ships & looted
>> Left.

Lol.
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
bartos100
Living Ghost
#26 - 2012-04-27 10:32:13 UTC
not so long ago i was in a C2 WH where i put a small caldari tower up with corp hanghar and SMA

after a few days the locals had enough and brought in a 10 man BS fleet put my POS in reinforced

by the time they had it in reinforced i already cleared all my stuff out

i decided to gamble and pulled out all the fuel

once the tower went out of reinforced i blew up the corp hanghar and SMA and started unanchoring

at that time their BS fleet showed back up and started shooting my tower

as the tower was unanchoring i moved my crane in position and the moment the tower was unanchored i scooped it and made my escape :D

had a great laugh with the guys in local :) before i moved out
sean1121
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#27 - 2012-04-27 15:18:29 UTC
Worst thing I've seen recently was the guy using a thanny to load ammo in his pos guns.

http://fcftw.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13150071

They must have been changing pos's out since we found a large pos unanchoring at a nearby moon before the kill and stole it.
Bishops Guest
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-04-27 17:52:58 UTC
As to noodling around in the POS. I always do that when I know there are eyes on me. Nothing worse than watching someone orbit mods and randomly change ships. (Great way to get reading/work/other games done too.)

One of our best offline POS stories was with one of the other big w-space corps. (Not going to name them, but they had a few corps in the hole all in the same alliance. Normally they are quite a bit of fun.)
There were about 4 of us, and 10+ of them online. We were just poking around and watching for targets of opportunity. The scout sees one of the POS shields go down, there were 3 SMAs exposed. We decide to try and clean up the mess for them. We pop the SMAs and start ferrying ships out while the scout keeps eyes on the POS with the most active pilots in it.
Suddenly they all warp out. We think the game is up, but they did not head for the hole, then D-scan starts showing sleeper wreaks. We finish moving out a handful of T3s, some drakes and other random T1s and someones BO-BS crasher. Then, sadly fail at ganking their notctis when they salvage the site.
bartos100
Living Ghost
#29 - 2012-04-27 18:02:57 UTC
i found that the best way to **** of WH ers is to wait and kill the salvage noctis as it is finishing the last wreck :)
Borun Tal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-04-27 18:10:37 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
I don't count as a "larger WH group" but we had this.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=6313

Corp afk over a week, with a jiucy carrier hanging out in full view at their POS.

Please tell me you were able to board that carrier... P
AdZc
Legio Prima Victrix
#31 - 2012-04-27 18:17:10 UTC
at work so TLDR, but i have some corpies who fly around in a Stealth Bomber and camp inside WHs. Juts log on every few days and blow **** up, few corps have packed up and left whs due to them. Also it must cause some paranoia within the corp lol!
Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#32 - 2012-04-28 00:46:53 UTC
Most recent escapade i was scouting out a c4 to potentially live in and found two towers one force field, so naturally i checked both. Found an offlining minmatar large control tower with 25 minutes to go. Kept my cov ops on it at 70km and started moving in a bestower with a cloak. Just in case i brought a drake in behind it. With 30 seconds to go i warped both the bestower and the drake at 0, but a viator decloaked right as it unanchored. But then he sat there for the 8 seconds or so i needed. Stole the tower and warped out the bestower immediately, and as the drake landed i got a lock on the viator before he could cloak. Total damage? Over 300 mil for the tower and an additional 125 mil for the viator. Not a bad haul for 25 minutes of work.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#33 - 2012-04-28 01:11:56 UTC
This didn't happen in Wormhole persay, but happened very close.

With C5 systems you get alot of Null connections, we sent a bait devoter out and this happened. Shocked

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Ashimat
Clandestine Services
#34 - 2012-04-28 03:46:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ashimat
Michael1995 wrote:
This didn't happen in Wormhole persay, but happened very close.

With C5 systems you get alot of Null connections, we sent a bait devoter out and this happened. Shocked

Ouch, my eyes... I like the Chimera, there should be some kind of penalty (more then getting killed) for treating it like that..

Got blog: http://thecloakedones.blogspot.com

Talonaer
Perkone
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-04-28 11:12:03 UTC
Argaral wrote:

I saw an AU WH corp the other day (at least their name was Austrialian something something and they seemed active in AU TZ)

We used to have some AU players but they moved on slowly.

Celery Man
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-04-30 01:12:40 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Ivory Kantenu wrote:
I

Second worst (Arguably scariest / funniest thing) I've personally ran into while selling Wormholes?

Probably this.

Whiskey.
Tango.
Foxtrot.
Shocked

Placeholder Poses - If anyone wants to anchor a pos in your system the owners will get a warning
discordigant
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-04-30 02:29:13 UTC  |  Edited by: discordigant
Argaral wrote:

I know of many AU TZ corps, but not many in Alliances. I imagine they struggle in Alliances that do the majority of Ops in the US TZ.

If your keen mail me and i can forward you some names that i have come across. EDIT: As this is my out of corp hauler i will not likely respond to a convo.
Previous page12