These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Well done CCP

Author
BeanBagKing
The Order of Atlas
#21 - 2012-04-29 17:07:54 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/Zs3hE.jpg

Confirming CCP's new expansions are a horrible idea and players have been leaving the game in... Oh wait, sorry, that was Incarna! People seem to be coming BACK since CCP changed direction....
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#22 - 2012-04-29 17:53:29 UTC
BeanBagKing wrote:

Confirming CCP's new expansions are a horrible idea and players have been leaving the game in... Oh wait, sorry, that was Incarna! People seem to be coming BACK since CCP changed direction....

O ho, the use of actual evidence!

That doesn't go too far here on the EFO Forums: General Discussion

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-04-29 17:54:39 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
I'd say more like medium rare. And DMC is a terribad poster.

Heh, that may be true considering I don't use the usual simpleton misspelled memes like 'U Mad' or 'Pubbie'. However, if my posting is 'terribad', then yours is definitely atrocious.
Lexmana
#24 - 2012-04-29 18:16:20 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Lexmana wrote:

Heh, that may be true considering I don't use the usual simpleton misspelled memes like 'U Mad' or 'Pubbie'. However, if my posting is 'terribad', then yours is definitely atrocious.

Let me give you a hint:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Anyway, during the 4 years I've been playing this game I've noticed a decline in the amount of active players on login.

You are terribad since you think what you have 'noticed' is better than objective data that is freely available to anyone with internet access: http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#25 - 2012-04-29 19:39:05 UTC
I wonder how Apocrypha impacted the number of active accounts.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Ai Shun
#26 - 2012-04-29 20:12:02 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Anyway, during the 4 years I've been playing this game I've noticed a decline in the amount of active players on login. I remember back when I started playing this game the average was about 35k during the week and 55k on weekends. Now the average is about 25k a week and 45k on weekends.

You are always fond of quoting the summer of rage as the reason for the dip in players. Why not apply that logic to this as well? There is a steady increase in player numbers from 2006 through to the beginning of 2011. A large dip and a slow climb back now that CCP is focusing on core EVE again.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-04-29 22:36:43 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Lexmana wrote:

Let me give you a hint:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Anyway, during the 4 years I've been playing this game I've noticed a decline in the amount of active players on login.

You are terribad since you think what you have 'noticed' is better than objective data that is freely available to anyone with internet access: http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Well, let's take a generalized look at that 3rd party chart from when I first started playing Eve Online.

1st year:
From the middle of 2008 Eve Online overall had a steady continuous growth til the middle of 2009.

2nd year:
In the middle of 2009 there was a drastic drop which leveled for about 6 months. Winter expansion - end of 2009 - it spiked back up to where it previously was in the middle of 2009 for a month or 2 and then started a gradual continuous drop back down till the middle of 2010. That decline only went half way down to the low amount that was present for the last half of 2009.

3rd year:
In the middle of 2010 - summer expansion it spiked up high for a month or 2 and then started dropping back down getting close to the same low amount that was present in the last half of 2009. Winter expansion - end of 2010 it spiked up high again and basically hovered for a few months and then continued it's gradual decline til the middle of 2011. That decline once again got close to the low amount that was present for the last half of 2009.

4th year:
In the middle of 2011 there was a slight increase for a month or 2 and then continued it's gradual decline til the end of 2011. This time the decline dropped below the low amount that was present in the last half of 2009. Winter expansion - end of 2011 to present day, the amount has climbed back up now to about the same level as it was back in the middle of 2009 which was the end of my first year playing this game.

TWHC Assistant
#28 - 2012-04-29 22:41:51 UTC  |  Edited by: TWHC Assistant
Alavaria Fera wrote:
BeanBagKing wrote:

O ho, the use of actual evidence!

That doesn't go too far here on the EFO Forums: General Discussion

He does however miss to mention the seasonal ups and downs. Not that I am denying the influence of Incarna ... I am far from it.

Once they are back where they should or could have been will I congratulate CCP. Until then is this not more than part of the management's work.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-04-29 23:24:25 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Anyway, during the 4 years I've been playing this game I've noticed a decline in the amount of active players on login. I remember back when I started playing this game the average was about 35k during the week and 55k on weekends. Now the average is about 25k a week and 45k on weekends.

You are always fond of quoting the summer of rage as the reason for the dip in players. Why not apply that logic to this as well? There is a steady increase in player numbers from 2006 through to the beginning of 2011. A large dip and a slow climb back now that CCP is focusing on core EVE again.

Since you decided to overlook what I wrote, I'll repeat it for you again, 'during the 4 years I've been playing....' I'm talking about from the middle of 2008 to present day.

Anyway, you got it backwards, there's been short spurts of large growth followed by a long steady decrease in player numbers.

Looking at the chart, from the middle of 2008 to the middle of 2009 overall had a continuous steady growth for most of that year. The middle of 2009 is the base reference point showing the longest stretch of time with a steady low amount of players..

Each consecutive growth spurt after that has been short lived but each one has increased in amount compared to the previous growth spurt. Probably due to good advertising, PR work for expansions, word of mouth, etc.

Each consecutive growth spurt has been followed with a larger initial drop followed with a steady gradual decrease in numbers bringing it back down around the initial low reference point of 2009. Probably due to various bugs, broken content, people being disillusioned by the PR advertising, etc.

Looking at the chart, from 2006 to the middle of 2009 there was definitely steady growth. Middle of 2009 to 2011 it was sporadic and short lived but each one was exponentially larger than the previous one. 2011 overall was definitely a fast steady decline in numbers.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#30 - 2012-04-29 23:31:04 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:
He does however miss to mention the seasonal ups and downs. Not that I am denying the influence of Incarna ... I am far from it.

Once they are back where they should or could have been will I congratulate CCP. Until then is this not more than part of the management's work.

Well you take a balanced view of all the evidence, I'll give you that. +1

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#31 - 2012-04-29 23:50:07 UTC
Obligatory "EVE is dying" comment.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

RAP ACTION HERO
#32 - 2012-04-30 02:04:36 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Since you decided to overlook what I wrote, I'll repeat it for you again, 'during the 4 years I've been playing....' I'm talking about from the middle of 2008 to present day.

Anyway, you got it backwards, there's been short spurts of large growth followed by a long steady decrease in player numbers.

Looking at the chart, from the middle of 2008 to the middle of 2009 overall had a continuous steady growth for most of that year. The middle of 2009 is the base reference point showing the longest stretch of time with a steady low amount of players..

Each consecutive growth spurt after that has been short lived but each one has increased in amount compared to the previous growth spurt. Probably due to good advertising, PR work for expansions, word of mouth, etc.

Each consecutive growth spurt has been followed with a larger initial drop followed with a steady gradual decrease in numbers bringing it back down around the initial low reference point of 2009. Probably due to various bugs, broken content, people being disillusioned by the PR advertising, etc.

Looking at the chart, from 2006 to the middle of 2009 there was definitely steady growth. Middle of 2009 to 2011 it was sporadic and short lived but each one was exponentially larger than the previous one. 2011 overall was definitely a fast steady decline in numbers.

hehe a nice summary until you factor in the fact that this guy is all mad about wis.

vitoc erryday

Boomhaur
#33 - 2012-04-30 03:31:01 UTC
Confirming that everyone left due to expectation of CCP trying to take out ship spinning, again.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#34 - 2012-04-30 03:34:57 UTC
Boomhaur wrote:
Confirming that everyone left due to expectation of CCP trying to take out ship spinning, again.

Not our ship spinning...

Katerwaul
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-04-30 03:40:31 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Xython wrote:
Mussaschi wrote:
Just looking at http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility I wonder.

After most releases there are more players active. So I guess you either did a really great job at killing bots or the 60% highsector people did not love this expansion that much.

Free to guess

I am literally not seeing any data that suggests a major player dropout. Look at the past month the chart has a fairly static trendline.

Please elaborate as to what exactly you mean. Or is this just another attempt by some carebear's alt to try and blackmail CCP into giving you yet more attention?

GAWD, are you trying to be the biggest windbag blowhard of all time? I see you doing multiple BJ's in every thread. Probably be a good idea if you give it a rest already.

Hell, this same topic came up in chat yesterday and someone mentioned bot bans probably having an affect. After thinking about it, I'd have to agree.

I can't speak for everyone but I know that when we were having the 55k weekends I'd log in with 2-3 characters at a time, but now I usually just log in with this one.
Working with everyone to improve New Eden -- Internet Spaceships Iz Serious Business.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#36 - 2012-04-30 08:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
The Incursion nerf has worse then decimated numbers at least in HI SEC. I predict AT LEAST a hexi- to pentimation of incursion runners & subscription losses. Dunno if NULL & LO sec will see same losses in incursions yet.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Zora'e
#37 - 2012-04-30 09:11:36 UTC
Riyal wrote:
Login numbers dip?! Quick, to the batcave!!

We are sorry, but the batcave has been temporarily closed due to an unusually high number of bats killed by multiple Bee stings.

I won't say you are stupid, but you're not exactly on the Zombie menu either.

Lexmana
#38 - 2012-04-30 11:22:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

So after noticing pcu going up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and finally up - you conclude it has gone down even though they are up from when you started?
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-04-30 12:04:23 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Lexmana wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Lexmana wrote:

Let me give you a hint:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Well, let's take a generalized look at that 3rd party chart from when I first started playing Eve Online.

1st year:
From the middle of 2008 Eve Online overall had a steady continuous growth til the middle of 2009.

2nd year:
In the middle of 2009 there was a drastic drop which leveled for about 6 months. Winter expansion - end of 2009 - it spiked back up to where it previously was in the middle of 2009 for a month or 2 and then started a gradual continuous drop back down till the middle of 2010. That decline only went half way down to the low amount that was present for the last half of 2009.

3rd year:
In the middle of 2010 - summer expansion it spiked up high for a month or 2 and then started dropping back down getting close to the same low amount that was present in the last half of 2009. Winter expansion - end of 2010 it spiked up high again and basically hovered for a few months and then continued it's gradual decline til the middle of 2011. That decline once again got close to the low amount that was present for the last half of 2009.

4th year:
In the middle of 2011 there was a slight increase for a month or 2 and then continued it's gradual decline til the end of 2011. This time the decline dropped below the low amount that was present in the last half of 2009. Winter expansion - end of 2011 to present day, the amount has climbed back up now to about the same level as it was back in the middle of 2009 which was the end of my first year playing this game.

If you look the sll time one it looks like a steady decline

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#40 - 2012-04-30 12:34:05 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

So after noticing pcu going up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and finally up - you conclude it has gone down even though they are up from when you started?

Reality has a strong anti-DeMichael Crimson bias. Once you factor that in, you can see that he's clearly correct.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Previous page123Next page