These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Thanks for Burn Jita! Please do it again sometime!

Author
Jon Taggart
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-04-29 14:45:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jon Taggart
Just wanted to say thanks to the Goons, TEST, and their many friends and allys for a kick ass event and weekend.

I immediately resubbed for it when the idea first started circulating on the forums and I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. There was little doubt of it going sour anyway Smile.

EVE benefits from emergent gameplay like this and we all should applaud and encourage it, even if some of our precious loots happen to explode on their own Blink. Events like this definitely set the game apart from many others out there because of it.

Seriously, do not let this be a one-time thing. Cheers and fly safe!

PS. I'm not an alt or anything, just wanted to post my appreciation.
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#2 - 2012-04-29 15:43:44 UTC
I must admit that it worked as intended...

My kiddo who plays other MMOs even came to me and was talking about the event.
I had to go into the whole story about Mittens and the banning and the misinformation between the event and his return.

However, This event has sent waves through the MMO community in a way that CCP has never achieved (to my knowledge - Excluding BoB).

Good job for that.

Too bad that there is not a way to bring high sec excitement to EVE more often that does not include CONCORD interference and cost a bunch of ISK in wardecs. Industrialists seem to be the brunt of the punishment from other players to gain publicity that stretches beyond the bounds of the game. Will there be some imagination infused into the next event that does not include blowing up industrial ships? Hulkageddon tells me no... However, I have hope for the future.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#3 - 2012-04-29 15:45:19 UTC
When are we burning Rens?
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-04-29 15:45:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Jacob Staffuer
Hey look, some Goon alts trying to spread propaganda about an obviously disappointing event.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#5 - 2012-04-29 15:46:16 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Hey look, some good alts trying to spread propaganda about an obviously disappointing event.

How was it disappointing? Please elaborate.
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-04-29 15:48:21 UTC
Miilla wrote:

Your incomprehension of the highsec capital rules ruined it.

Dodixie > Hek

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#7 - 2012-04-29 15:48:53 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Miilla wrote:

Your incomprehension of the highsec capital rules ruined it.

Lol, it's ok, GM's don't even understand their own rules either.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-04-29 15:59:51 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
I just wanna know how did Eve benefit from this and more importantly, where's my share of the reward?

EDIT:

The live events sponsored by CCP definitely benefits Eve players. However, a bunch of null sec players attacking defenseless industrialists on the undock of a station doesn't benefit Eve, at least for the Industrialists and from where I'm standing, I see no benefit for myself either.
HARD STEEL
Caldari Capital Construction Company
#9 - 2012-04-29 16:05:23 UTC
two of my friends finally started playing because of all this. they were amped hearing about the super carrier undocking even tho they had NO idea about the context.

thanks for stirring the pot goons, this is why I play

ONLY THE HARD.  ONLY THE STRONG.

Tillin Sylph
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-04-29 16:07:02 UTC
He seems p mad.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-04-29 16:10:00 UTC
See, here's Jacob Staffuer's mistake.

He talks about how he had to make instant undocks and prepare to survive this event, and then warp his Freighter through a gauntlet of enemy players calling out for his blood, dancing through a second camp of the enemy on both sides of the gate out of Jita, never quite losing the feeling that he's going to die and lose billions of ISK ...

... like it's a bad thing.

(Protip for the Carebears: It's not.)
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-04-29 16:10:46 UTC
some idiot wrote:
u mad?

I'm not mad. Like I said, I didn't lose anything on my three trips to Jita during this "event". I even said I was disappointed with the way things turned out. I expected a lot more.

Roll Sheesh you people are terrible trolls.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-04-29 16:12:47 UTC
Xython wrote:
See, here's Jacob Staffuer's mistake.

He talks about how he had to make instant undocks and prepare to survive this event, and then warp his Freighter through a gauntlet of enemy players calling out for his blood, dancing through a second camp of the enemy on both sides of the gate out of Jita, never quite losing the feeling that he's going to die and lose billions of ISK ...

... like it's a bad thing.

(Protip for the Carebears: It's not.)

You're terrible at this. Try harder.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-04-29 16:13:33 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
some idiot wrote:
u mad?

I'm not mad. Like I said, I didn't lose anything on my three trips to Jita during this "event". I even said I was disappointed with the way things turned out. I expected a lot more.

Roll Sheesh you people are terrible trolls.

Yup, he mad.

We did as best we could through ~4 years of CCP listening to bleating carebears demanding Highsec be made safer and safer in violation of CCP's own corporate vision: "Harden the **** Up". Deal with it, nerd.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-04-29 16:13:35 UTC
I wish I'd lost a freighter. It would have been exciting.
Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-04-29 16:14:24 UTC
Xython wrote:

Yup, he mad.

Really, is that all you people have anymore?
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#17 - 2012-04-29 16:14:29 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
I wish I'd lost a freighter. It would have been exciting.

That can still be arranged if you like.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-04-29 16:15:11 UTC
Trolls want some attention. Mmkay.

I'm more than willing to give you all the attention you need.

Just as soon as you post something original, give me at least a 6/10.

Get to it.
Lexmana
#19 - 2012-04-29 16:16:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
I just wanna know how did Eve benefit from this and more importantly, where's my share of the reward?.

In addition to the entertainment brought to all current players of EVE the event generated some nice PR that is sure to bring in even more players. Your reward is a thriving EVE online.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/28/nowhere-is-safe-in-eve-online-as-goonswarm-suicide-bombs-galactic-trade-hub/
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-04-29 16:17:44 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Trolls want some attention. Mmkay.

I'm more than willing to give you all the attention you need.

Just as soon as you post something original, give me at least a 6/10.

Get to it.

You say we need attention, but you're literally posting in every open thread about Burn Jita trying to convince someone, anyone to believe you when you say it wasn't a success.

I'm sorry we didn't get around to killing your ship, with TiDi and the Lag outside of the undock, well, frankly we missed a few. A terrible tragedy, I'm sure.

But then again, you might just be too spacepoor to have made a good target. Just what were you carrying, anyway?
123Next page