These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Jita Over (?) - Outcome and Results

Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#81 - 2012-04-29 08:39:55 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
I'm not sure where people are getting that it was planned with CCP.

Here. Have some tinfoil.

Tinfoil gives food a funny taste. I prefer not to use it. Plastic Wrap, on the other hand, is great.

You'll need something sturdier than plastic wrap, given all the fire and explosions going off.

Please, at least take the tinfoil, just in case you need it.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#82 - 2012-04-29 08:47:05 UTC
It was a good event. It will be interesting to see the final numbers when it's finally all over (this time around).

It's interesting that some folks think that any military campaign would limit itself to only being interested in one system. Things don't work that way, as part of the damage done "to that system" is the traffic interdicted moving through all of the surrounding entry and exit points.

Burn Jita is the name of the operation, not a declaration that the damage to traffic moving in and out through it's gates somehow "don't count".

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Josef Djugashvilis
#83 - 2012-04-29 08:53:24 UTC
How many ships, what type, and who they belonged to is missing the point.

The Goons had the imagination to attack the best know location in Eve.

Great fun, and fantastic free 'positive' publicity for the game.

This is not a signature.

Vulcan23
New Eden Advanced Experiments
#84 - 2012-04-29 08:57:29 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Vulcan23 wrote:
Who said anything about K/D ratios? I thought it was supposed to be about shutting down the biggest hub in the game. These numbers suggest that the objective has not and will not be reached. It seems unlikely that any effect even vaguely close to the promised one will occur.

As to pod numbers, what has that got to do with anything? The vast majority of those will come from the people voluntarily joining in the combat. This event is meant to be an industrial interdiction and, in those terms, it shows little signs of success.

All that aside, the main point of my post was to correct the mistake that everyone has bought into for four pages of this thread - that there have been 10k ships killed during Burn Jita. There haven't. There have been 10k ships killed in Jita in the whole month of April. The little 'Burn Jita' tag at the top of the KB cited in the OP does not indicate that that is a campaign KB for Burn Jita. It appears at the top of every page on that site at the moment.

GOONS FAILING. FAIL CASCADING.

Guys, the pubbies won, lets just leave them alone.

Actually, never mind, there's still ships left.

Obviously, you guys will declare victory whatever happens (I remember how the loss of Delve was spun by the inimitable goon propaganda machine as goonish destiny). That aside, do you really think you are anywhere near achieving the objectives that were announced in advance? I'm genuinely interested to know but I think it is already somewhat striking that the forums are not flooded with goons loudly crowing about how they have successfully shut down Jita. Rather, we get the trivial 'we're making some pubbies cry' lines, which is a rather less dramatic outcome and hardly mindblowing for an operation that was 3-4 months in the making and involves the most powerful alliance in the game.
Kitfox Mikakka
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#85 - 2012-04-29 09:26:36 UTC
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

Sorry its early in the morning here..

Quote:
"There was one bug [the 'bookmark escaping agro bug'] in the game that meant that if they do the things they're going to do, they could have escaped the in-game consequences. So we fixed that bug about three weeks ago. And they went, okay.

So CCP knew at least that long ago what was planed.

So, all of you who wonder why the Boomerang suddenly became an exploit? There you go

Because it's not like we weren't chatting about this as far back as the CSM election and then started blaring that it was happening from the rooftops a month ago. I know CCP's sort of bad at the whole 'managing a game' thing but not even they'd end up missing that.
Zxmagus
Delta Sqad
#86 - 2012-04-29 10:21:13 UTC
To any one that thinks that this didn't effect the eve economy log onto a jita alt and look at the volume of trading in minerals, it's down to less then half of normal.
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#87 - 2012-04-29 11:54:08 UTC
Kitfox Mikakka wrote:
Kengutsi Akira wrote:

Sorry its early in the morning here..

Quote:
"There was one bug [the 'bookmark escaping agro bug'] in the game that meant that if they do the things they're going to do, they could have escaped the in-game consequences. So we fixed that bug about three weeks ago. And they went, okay.

So CCP knew at least that long ago what was planed.

So, all of you who wonder why the Boomerang suddenly became an exploit? There you go

Because it's not like we weren't chatting about this as far back as the CSM election and then started blaring that it was happening from the rooftops a month ago. I know CCP's sort of bad at the whole 'managing a game' thing but not even they'd end up missing that.

Yeah its not like you guys have been saying you HAVE been chatting this up since the fix happened 3 weeks ago or anything -.-
So is its not bad for you an CCP to have been working together for mutual gain, why not just admit it? Its pretty damn obvious now anyways

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Hamshoe
Doomheim
#88 - 2012-04-29 12:21:40 UTC
Zxmagus wrote:
To any one that thinks that this didn't effect the eve economy log onto a jita alt and look at the volume of trading in minerals, it's down to less then half of normal.

Without a timeframe that assertion's meaningless.

It does however make another nice trial balloon for the emerging "it was all an outstanding success!" marketing campaign.
Garreck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-04-29 12:21:54 UTC
Zxmagus wrote:

It was fun watching the volume trend over the past three days. I wonder what the ripple effect was in the other hubs and how many market gurus turned a profit as a result? Obviously it would take a far more concentrated effort to have longer term market impacts, but I think the continual stream of "Goons didn't have any impact" is a lot of doth-protest-too-much. What people don't seem to realize is that even if Goons scored ZERO freighter kills because people actually paid attention, the short term market impacts would've been noticable.

I sat in Jita watching this unfold and genuinely wished I could partake. I think -A- really had the right idea, spamming out some quick wardecs...may ask Equi to do the same for CVA if another such event happens! Or maybe the next event could be a Burn Amarr type thing so some of us wizard-hats feel more inclined to get involved Oops

Either way it was a fun initiative for Goons to undertake, and whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Goons made themselves, once again, the center of attention. That's pretty cool.
Naupilo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-04-29 12:22:20 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
This is a thread and the BJ isn't over yet.

burn Jita declared by The Mittani for Friday and Saturday, with Hulkageddon beginning Sunday (as it did).

It's Sunday.

You wouldn't want to dispute the Mittani at his written word now would you ?

Shut up. You don't speak for Mittani. Burn Jita will be over when GSF says it's over. Go cry in a corner with your dunce hat.
Leavy Britney aloooooone!

Cry
Lictor Yeva
WoonGaffe
#91 - 2012-04-29 12:25:33 UTC
I think any serious industrialist or marketeer will stay away from Jita until the burn is over.

This means the goons are merely catching the uninformed and the inept. It's gonna make a dent on the economy, sure, but it's not gonna have any kind of lasting effect. In a few days Jita will be back in normal operation and this will just have been giggles.

That's not to say that the goons (and the rest of us) aren't having fun doing this. Jita 4-4 is home to some spectacular fireworks and some epic lulz, so don't see them falling on their ass with failure either.

It's not so much a win/lose situation as it is a fun/boring one. And fun is being had.

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#92 - 2012-04-29 12:48:25 UTC
Hamshoe wrote:
Zxmagus wrote:

Without a timeframe that assertion's meaningless.

It does however make another nice trial balloon for the emerging "it was all an outstanding success!" marketing campaign.

Its already been being floated since last night's "wtf it was a failure" thread

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#93 - 2012-04-29 12:57:45 UTC
Drew Solaert wrote:
It's Sunday til 23:59

They still got a while to go.

Linkage ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#94 - 2012-04-29 12:59:43 UTC
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
I love when carebears get all butt hurt and cry 'but they didn't make any isk what a fail!!!1111'

Show me my butt hurt words in that OP. Show me. Or did you physically examine me while I slept ??? Shocked

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#95 - 2012-04-29 13:00:44 UTC
corestwo wrote:
I'm confused, where did we announce that Burn Jita ends when Hulkageddon begins?

Oh that's right, we didn't.

For that matter, I don't remember telling anyone we were trying to "stop all trade" or anything, either. I mean, aside from you guys declaring that that was our goal. Ugh

You need to read your beloved Leaders posts. We do. You should be kicked from Goons.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#96 - 2012-04-29 13:01:34 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Shut up. You don't speak for Mittani. Burn Jita will be over when GSF says it's over. Go cry in a corner with your dunce hat.

Moar Tears . I need more. Go on. Don't be afraid. Smile

MEPH1ST0
Masonic Guard
#97 - 2012-04-29 13:04:36 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Sendo Jarix wrote:
It hasn't finished yet and you are completely overlooking the surrounding systems where people leaving Jita were caught.

This was Burn Jita. And their official board.

Any ships caught at a gate due to traffic control are lucky accidents.

Am I sensing TEARS ?

Goon Tears = Best Tears

This is quite hilarious...
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#98 - 2012-04-29 13:04:58 UTC
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Jacob Stiller wrote:
It better not be over. I heard that the main offensive would be Saturday night. So far, they have not delivered on their promise to trigger TiDi in the systems surrounding Jita. If this is all the legions of nullsec are capable of mustering, I must say I am sorely disappointed.

Jita is on it's own node. It's impossible to trigger TiDi from Jita.

You make no sense.

He didn't say 'trigger from Jita', YOU did. The surrounding systems are capable of having Tidi triggered just like any of the other 7,000 systems in EVE.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#99 - 2012-04-29 13:06:31 UTC
Corbin Blair wrote:
When's you last time you killed 9594 ships? Goons may have just upstaged my entire piracy career in a couple of days. Shocked

Erm......the majority of those 9,000 are Goon gank ship CONCORD deaths.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#100 - 2012-04-29 13:08:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Sister Rhode wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
This is a thread and the BJ isn't over yet.

burn Jita declared by The Mittani for Friday and Saturday, with Hulkageddon beginning Sunday (as it did).

It's Sunday.

What do you have against fun?

My OP simply presents facts. I published no opinion or interpretation.

That is a forgotten concept called Unbiased Journalism. It used to exist.