These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[Burn Jita] Makes PCGAMER Headlines

Author
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-04-28 17:10:21 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Quote:
It’s an extremely unconventional tactic for an unconventional military campaign: the Goonswarm’s goal is no less than invading the most protected and populated hub of industry in the galaxy and crushing it.

It reads like typical inaccurate journalism, because the stated goal of burn Jita, per the person who conceived it, is 1.) to relieve some butthurt from being, what he calls, thrown under the bus, and 2.) to see if today's CCP is the same as old CCP (which evidently they are because they gave this their blessings)

Moral of the story, don't watch sensationalized fox news.

I thought this was "planned months before fanfest" as all the goons have been screaming the last few days

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-04-28 19:49:20 UTC
I love eve online.

also it makes sense the best loot would be on people leaving jita 4-4, lol, maybe camping undocks wth become the norm since it's profitable.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Onaishinotenshi Shakiel
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-04-28 21:53:13 UTC
Camping undocks could be profitable however youre going to get people that will change their patterns to start moving their wares in smaller amounts. This would offset any potential for profit on the side of ganking. Moving one thing at a time or moving smaller amounts at one time would render undock ganking useless quick.

Highsec movements will adjust as a result of this latest campaign in highsec. I love the dynamic in this game; makes it interesting :)
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#24 - 2012-04-28 22:59:52 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Remember Goons don't care about you or me, nor about the effects of their actions. Goons just want to see the galaxy burn. And it's that Joker philosphy that makes m so succeful, people expect them to do something sensible with all their power, but all goons want is to create chaos and see what happens.

This in a sense is commendable, despite any opinions to the contrary.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

TWHC Assistant
#25 - 2012-04-28 23:21:17 UTC  |  Edited by: TWHC Assistant
"... In EVE there are 3 market hubs: Rens, Amarr, and Jita. ..."

How can one miss Dodixie? I get that one can miss Hek and Oursulaert, but one should at least recognize the four market hubs of each of the empire factions. Shocked

"... causing the price to rise 5 times over, going from 450 a unit to 1500+ a unit. ..."

This is a 3 times increase, but not a 5 times increase.

That guy calls himself a former CSM member...
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#26 - 2012-04-29 00:05:12 UTC
TWHC Assistant wrote:

How can one miss Dodixie? I get that one can miss Hek and Oursulaert, but one should at least recognize the four market hubs of each of the empire factions. Shocked

"... causing the price to rise 5 times over, going from 450 a unit to 1500+ a unit. ..."

DONT GET ME STARTED ON YULAI !!!

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-04-29 00:14:39 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
TWHC Assistant wrote:

DONT GET ME STARTED ON YULAI !!!

Don't forget Sunny Stacmon :D

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Joten Koldani
Independence Construction
#28 - 2012-04-29 06:10:11 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#29 - 2012-04-29 16:32:09 UTC
Goons always have my respect for one thing: they are honest in their intentions. They want to burn the game, grief you, make you cry, and admit to it.

They may irritate, but these are not sociopaths.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#30 - 2012-04-30 02:16:22 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
I love eve online.

also it makes sense the best loot would be on people leaving jita 4-4, lol, maybe camping undocks wth become the norm since it's profitable.

The galaxy will surely tremble when someone takes up such dastardly crimes. It's nearly unthinkable. I hope no ill-intentioned scoundrels happen to read this.
Previous page12