These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

flashing minimized EVE window (for chats)

Author
tomato1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-04-28 00:03:00 UTC
so very simple idea, when i play other games and i minimize the window cause im surfin web but also chatting to someone i think the icon would flash.

this would be helpful just know someone responded, and obviously you wouldnt want to have every chat alert you like local or say allance and corp, something for the settings pannal but, really for people that multi box eve or just semi afk, which ever would make sence.

and for ccp if you read this they have this very thing on a game called starcraft 2 kinda nice to have

CHEERS o/
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-04-28 02:32:55 UTC
Because "they have this in x other game" is always such a good justification Roll

The problem is that in most situations, this would be next to useless. I know that mine would be constantly flashing because there's always a chat tab of mine that has new chat. For the 0.01% of people that only have one chat window allowed to blink AND have their game minimized for some reason, this might be handy, but it's not worth the dev time to implement it. There are so many other more important things that need to happen in the game, this is at the bottom of the 'might be nice' list.