These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Concorded and sec status lost, why?

First post
Author
Tractus Vesica
Helghast Empire
#81 - 2012-04-27 18:55:20 UTC
I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking. As long as I'm reimbursed for my ships and sec. status I don't really care about this bug. Why? Because it's such a specific bug that we will likely not see it again for months, years, or potentially ever.

Think about it, how often do you have every last person in Jita shooting each other?

Just give me my stuff back, do what you can to fix this, and I'll be a happy consumer.

Excelling in all things terrible.

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#82 - 2012-04-27 18:58:04 UTC
Tractus Vesica wrote:
I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking. As long as I'm reimbursed for my ships and sec. status I don't really care about this bug. Why? Because it's such a specific bug that we will likely not see it again for months, years, or potentially ever.

Think about it, how often do you have every last person in Jita shooting each other?

Just give me my stuff back, do what you can to fix this, and I'll be a happy consumer.

Make sure you have a petition submitted - we obviously won't address reimbursement claims that haven't been made!

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#83 - 2012-04-27 18:59:06 UTC
Tractus Vesica wrote:

we have already fixed it :) File a petition for any reimbursement.

-- :( Goliath types too fast!

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Tractus Vesica
Helghast Empire
#84 - 2012-04-27 18:59:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tractus Vesica
CCP Affinity wrote:
Tractus Vesica wrote:

Done and done. Also that was a quick bug fix, you guys really know your stuff. :)

Excelling in all things terrible.

Sentinel Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2012-04-27 20:15:51 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Ager Agemo wrote:
i m curious, why is the issue caused exactly? any technical details?

The long and short of it is that the interaction between Crimewatch and Time Dilation prompted a little "disagreement" on criminal status.

This was kinda my point with my eariler post..

I mean there have been several Stress Tests on Sisi since Nov, all of which that I looked at happened in Nullsec.. With TiDi being new(ish) I'm just saying that it would have been a good idea, or would be a good idea in the future, to sometimes run those test in Low and Highsec.. To ensure the interactions continue to work.. After all Nullsec is a little more clean than high and low, no dealing with GCC's, Navies, and now Crimewatch.. So checking to ensure Sentry Guns, Navies, Concord, all continue to work as intended..

Could you forsee this exact situation ? No.. But to forsee a large, multi-fleet battle in highsec having actions taken that would bring in concord and navies... I think that one is something that if it wasn't before, should now be on the testing schedule..

Maybe a test on Sisi wouldn't have found this.. But then again maybe one would have found that TiDi in Highsec leads to Criminal Countdown going out of sync..

In any case I'm glad that it's fixed [ hopefully :D ], and mean no disrespect.. I'm a Web Developer, My life is full of finding the edge case scenario that could exist.. I'm sure everyone is doing their best, but whenever a bug is found in the field, it's a good time to look at how we can adjust our testing to try and ensure that no bug like that happens again..
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#86 - 2012-04-27 20:23:31 UTC
Sentinel Smith wrote:

Could you forsee this exact situation ? No..

I have to disagree. This exact situation has been the talk of the forums for what? A month now?

Mr Epeen Cool
Ank Parkor
WildSpace Otters
#87 - 2012-04-27 20:27:55 UTC
I don't really care about reimbursement.
Only issue is that Caldari navy shoots me on sight and that I can't participate in the party in Jita.
Considering the average time for treating a petition it's dead for the whole week end.
:sad panda:

[u]Short time trader, short term missionner, long term ambitions.[/u]

Bring justice to EVE: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1171333

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#88 - 2012-04-27 20:28:30 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Ager Agemo wrote:
i m curious, why is the issue caused exactly? any technical details?

The long and short of it is that the interaction between Crimewatch and Time Dilation prompted a little "disagreement" on criminal status.
I'm pretty THIS is the Minority Report method Big smile
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-04-27 21:08:28 UTC
I can't wait to see the wailing when they discover just how long it takes CCP to answer petitions like this.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#90 - 2012-04-27 21:11:21 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Tractus Vesica wrote:

I hope you look at these carefully, because a lot of pubbies are doing dumb things and getting concorded in completely legitimate ways (like trying to shoot our ships before they've committed a criminal act), and I expect they'll all try to petition and claim it was a bug when it was nothing of the sort.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2012-04-27 21:26:07 UTC
I have full confidence in the customer support department to look at the cases very carefully :)

Weaselior wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Tractus Vesica wrote:

I hope you look at these carefully, because a lot of pubbies are doing dumb things and getting concorded in completely legitimate ways (like trying to shoot our ships before they've committed a criminal act), and I expect they'll all try to petition and claim it was a bug when it was nothing of the sort.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#92 - 2012-04-27 21:31:25 UTC
adam smash wrote:
So maybe you can tell us all something mr dev

Eve is 9-10 years old yes?

FULL of bugs out the ass...

World of tanks just hit 1 year.

The biggest "bug" people complain about is in fact how things should work (not detecting camo netted tanks)

Can ya tell us why eve is just so full of fail when another game is so full of idk WIN?

Can you tell us why when WoT had server lag it took them 2 weeks to fix the issue yet took CCP years to call lag a feature, and still did not get it right?

Bug testing taking time my ass.... this just shows how little you people know...

No one ever thought "O hey since we are slowing down X let's make sure Y Z all tick at the same time"

Idk where I live... that is what gets you places... not sitting around being a brain dead code monkey.

Adam, consider yourself lucky anyone took the time to notice your rather inept troll... but I had a moment ot kill.

WOT has 30 people max interacting at the same time.
On a slow day, EVE has 30K.

Now go back to your cave.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#93 - 2012-04-27 22:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Ris Dnalor wrote:
even CONCORD wants to burn Jita P

I heard the Goons spiked concord office's dounuts with frentix & the police went postal Big smile
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Sentinel Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-04-28 06:10:24 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
I have full confidence in the customer support department to look at the cases very carefully :)

Question, do you, or to the GM's..

Assuming kills from this bug are reimbursed [ as they should be, this was a game bug ] will our modules be returned, along with the ship ? I know *normally* it's just modules that didn't drop. But in this case, they wouldn't have dropped if we were not victims of Concord, and with the Activity, and the GCC, we obviously could not go back to loot our own wrecks and recover any drops..

I ask because my alt dropped everything.. So getting just the Hull back, while a step in the right direction of course, is still only half way there :/
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#95 - 2012-04-29 11:15:26 UTC
Sentinel Smith wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:

Question, do you, or to the GM's..

Assuming kills from this bug are reimbursed [ as they should be, this was a game bug ] will our modules be returned, along with the ship ? I know *normally* it's just modules that didn't drop. But in this case, they wouldn't have dropped if we were not victims of Concord, and with the Activity, and the GCC, we obviously could not go back to loot our own wrecks and recover any drops..

I ask because my alt dropped everything.. So getting just the Hull back, while a step in the right direction of course, is still only half way there :/

Unfortunately I am unable to answer that - The GMs will look at each case individually and judge the best course of action :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Team Astro Sparkle

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#96 - 2012-04-30 19:40:40 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

I have little to no confidence these sec status changes will take place in under a week so the peeps might as well grind thier status up now and maybe if lucky they'll beat out the time the petition finally gets looks at and fixed you'll be able to fly again in hi sec 2-4 days before the status is fixed. or those that are stuck in null sec & never been there Isuggest you take a week to two off of Eve hopefully it won't take longer
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'