These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for bulk products

Author
Rahm Starforged
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-04-26 21:13:41 UTC
Hi, im looking to buy bulk ammounts of ore. by bulk i mean min 5000 units of any one ore. I will determin prices baased on current market values at the time of sale. evemail me or contact me in game with any offers. I will buy any type of ore for the right price.
Debiru
Universal Fleet Operations
#2 - 2012-04-26 21:36:42 UTC
You're better off finding some mining corporations in-game and contacting them directly. I don't think any of us MD'ers really care about 5,000-50,000 units of any ore. Change that to 50,000,000 units of ore and you might get some inte-...

No, still wouldn't.

It's also better to have a written formula for your prices before trying to get a supplier. Suppliers prefer concrete contracts that both parties use for determining the prices of their goods, not vague comments of how you'll decide them unilaterally.
OllieNorth
Recidivists Incorporated
#3 - 2012-04-26 21:45:15 UTC
I agree, as someone in sales, "for the right price" makes me want to projectile vomit. It just means "whatever price you give me as your best price I will try to negotiate another ten percent".

Just quote the price you want to pay, and you will get some kind of response.

Also, he's right, 5,000 to 50,000 units is small change.

Good luck though!
Greg Valanti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-04-26 21:45:35 UTC
Kalipoli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-04-26 22:14:56 UTC
No.

Wrong forum topic. check out the WTB/WTS and such.

Your idea of bulk is at the most what i would consider "chump change". Here are a couple reasons that you failed before you began.

1. Small fry. seriously a min of 50m yeah maybe but 5k, it wouldnt be worth my time to sell it to you at your price.
2. your price with no reference, and in all likelyhood below market value. why would i want to lose isk working with you.
3. Miners aren't out there wanting to suck your @#$% to get rid of their minerals, you have to offer them something in return. something a little more than a minimum quantity and your word that you will not pay what the minerals are worth.

You want bulk minerals? offer me at your cost to manufacture, bulk end products and maybe we will talk.

On another quick note, get into a ship and mine yourself you will have way more than 5k of each high-sec ore in a couple hours if you have no skills at all. For the rest, do what the intelligent person would do and put up some buy orders.

for what its worth, good luck on whatever it is you are trying to do.

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-04-27 00:19:40 UTC
In general, bulk indicates a transaction size of at least 10m isk. And that's a low end of that definition.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#7 - 2012-04-27 00:52:33 UTC
Barakach wrote:
In general, bulk indicates a transaction size of at least 10m isk. And that's a low end of that definition.

I would put the low end at closer to 5b.
Celi Annor
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-04-27 05:02:14 UTC
Isn't MD the most noob friendly forum Lol
enterprisePSI
#9 - 2012-04-27 08:11:16 UTC
Aren't we all?

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psiĀ©

Kalipoli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-04-27 16:18:45 UTC
Celi Annor wrote:
Isn't MD the most noob friendly forum Lol

Time is isk. You should be honored any of us took the time to answer.

MD is different, it relies for the most part on math, common sense and some uncommon sense that one can only learn through experience.

Why would we coddle newbs, they are and will be our competition. As i said, anyone should be honored we took the time to answer regardless of whether we give nice answers or not.
Rahm Starforged
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-04-27 18:36:04 UTC
Hey thanks for the responses. I understand that for older players the ammount i ask for seams low. My purpose is that people who are newer or that only mine a little on the side can stil make some isk without haveing to stockpile forever to make enough to sell. What i mean when i say that prices will be based on market values is that my price will be based on the current market value of the minerals that refine from the ore. The prices will be resonble and most of the time will work out to higher than the current buy order price for that ore. Also thank you for pointing out the correct section of the forums to post this in. I was not aware that there was a better place for this. Thanks again to all of you.
Fly safe
Rahm Starforged
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-04-27 19:14:29 UTC
"My purpose is that people who are newer or that only mine a little on the side can stil make some isk without haveing to stockpile forever to make enough to sell."

The problem is that the MD forum is an audience of multi-billion-isk traders, not Osprey miners.

While your topic is in the correct forum, your scale is not. Maybe someone else could pipe in and suggest a better way to advertise his services to the correct audience.

Also, the volumes you're looking at are more typical of just placing buy orders and letting them fill, not openly advertising for "chump change".
Rahm Starforged
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-04-27 19:52:26 UTC
I understand that most people here on the forums are looking for alot more than what i want. but there are people that arn't super rich that also read these posts. if you have something negitive to say go say it somewhere else and leave this thread open for its originul purpose.
Tradelita
Ducats in Buckets
#14 - 2012-04-27 19:54:18 UTC
I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned the Bulk Trade mailing list.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-04-27 20:13:09 UTC
Rahm Starforged wrote:
I understand that most people here on the forums are looking for alot more than what i want. but there are people that arn't super rich that also read these posts. if you have something negitive to say go say it somewhere else and leave this thread open for its originul purpose.

I didn't say anything negative, I only gave a realistic critique of how/why MD probably isn't the correct place.

Comm 101, know your audience.

Tradelita has a good idea with the bulk mailing list. You may get a bite there.

Good luck with your endeavors.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2012-04-27 23:42:04 UTC
Corbin Blair
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-04-28 06:01:10 UTC
Rahm Starforged wrote:
by bulk i mean min 5000 units of any one ore

Not sure if serious.