These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PLEX prices about to plummet?

Author
Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#81 - 2012-04-24 13:44:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Hamaa Kazula
corestwo wrote:
i made no argument regarding magnitude, only timeline, making his call for magnitude something original, so plexes must have just fallen!

wait, no.

What? The goon i was referring to was Retar Aveymone. Sorry bro but your posts are just as tedious as Johnny's.
XEcuTioneRUK
Orbitron Industrial and Technological Development
#82 - 2012-04-25 16:00:58 UTC  |  Edited by: XEcuTioneRUK
PLEX have dropped quite a bit over last 2 weeks, a B/O of mine for 2 @ 471 was swiftly exchanged just 2 days ago...
...but they have risen again today to 482

ONE of the main problems is the ISK junkies in the game with B/O's for 10, 15 and more just bumping price up, just pure greed! ...and this has spoilt EVE for quite a few players, I know of at least 7 players that have stopped using alts as isk to be earnt doing missions, mining is just not viable - unless you are some sort of jobless idiot that spends his/her entire life on EVE (very sad)

For those that have jobs and RL family commitments, this just isnt viable anymore.
- And before the muppets start saying pay for it, get a better job, millions of isk when you scam like me, just keep quiet as I have heard it all before.

Along with the recent nerf to loot, this will drop even more players from EVE, which everyone (players) will feel in good time no doubt
Oh ....it is to help manufactures they say- that is a loada bullcrap, its just another ISK SINK, as most real manufacturers relied on the HS/T1 loot to melt down for the rare minerals to actually build items that were worth building, selling and making ISK from, now they will have to either; move in and out of LOW/NULL space and risk losing ships (ISK SINK) - (FUN for LOW/NULL sec RL cash players that dominate those areas), or they now buy from market at higher prices as there will be less of these minerals in high sec space (ISK SINK).

It's all about mathematics at the end of the day, and the sums all come down to ISK which spins off from PLEX, which spins off from GTC, which spins off from RL CASH, which spins off profit for CCP! simple to work out if you have any brain cells

Ohh and before anyone says CCP don't control the prices, players do, and all tht crap, wake up just a tad and u will see the light at the end of the tunnel!, It's all about profit for CCP, it is a game, and if they didn't make profit the game WOULD NOT be running.

Hence the recent splurt of PLEX advertising, "you could be GOD", spend your "RL cash", and buy an army, become a PLEX trader and make "MILLION" on the fastest selling item in EVE, you can do all this, just give us RL CASH! CASH CASH CASH, cha ching, cha ching, cha ching £££'s just racking up!!
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#83 - 2012-04-25 21:53:21 UTC
XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
... stuff ...

With rants like that you should go join the occupy hippies. I'm sure it'd make sense to them.
Moto Akimoto
Tengu and Cash
#84 - 2012-04-26 06:38:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Moto Akimoto
Hmm.... Dr E's super secret weapon for stable PLEX prices could be something like FOMC. Selling and buying PLEX in the market instead of bonds of course. If they were to use a few alts for their operations without public knowledge, we wouldn't know what they were up to.

This wouldn't do much for balancing supply/demand issues but it would definately spoil manipulation attempts.

Sure this goes against the "hands off" in a sandbox ideals but for CCP it would be the difference between hiring or firing employees.
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-04-26 07:08:00 UTC
Moto Akimoto wrote:
Hmm.... Dr E's super secret weapon for stable PLEX prices could be something like FOMC. Selling and buying PLEX in the market instead of bonds of course. If they were to use a few alts for their operations without public knowledge, we wouldn't know what they were up to.

This wouldn't do much for balancing supply/demand issues but it would definately spoil manipulation attempts.

Sure this goes against the "hands off" in a sandbox ideals but for CCP it would be the difference between hiring or firing employees.

For every PLEX CCP would sell for isk they would lose 15 Real Dollars.

For every PLEX they buy they would inject a lot of isk directly into EVE, creating another isk faucet.

That is why it is bad and why they won't do it.

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Moto Akimoto
Tengu and Cash
#86 - 2012-04-26 09:10:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Moto Akimoto
DeBingJos wrote:
Moto Akimoto wrote:

For every PLEX they buy they would inject a lot of isk directly into EVE, creating another isk faucet.

Yes, that's the whole idea mate. P
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2012-04-26 09:16:49 UTC
Moto Akimoto wrote:
DeBingJos wrote:
Moto Akimoto wrote:

Yes, that's the whole idea mate. P

As long as the bottom line is 0, no damage is done because 1-1=0. (Buy 1 PLEX, Sell 1 PLEX)

So 0*(15 Real Dollars)=0 Real Dollars
and 0*ISK=0 ISK

That said though, this would be a very bad idea since CCP would have the upper hand and crush the PLEX traders.

What you say is wrong.

To go further on yoru example: lets say CCP creates a plex and sells it throught an alt. Result : they lose 15$
Then they buy a plex with an alt. they have to create isk to buy it. Result : +-500mil isk get injected into the economy.

Total results of the 1-1 action: They lose 15$ and have created 500mil out out thin air in the game -> inflation. 2 bad effects that don't cancel each other out.

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Corporate Envoy
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2012-04-26 11:31:40 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
... stuff ...

With rants like that you should go join the occupy hippies. I'm sure it'd make sense to them.

With rants like that you should go join the evolution denying, abortion doctor murdering, teapartying Christian Right. I'm sure it'd make sense to them.
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2012-04-26 12:54:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
DeBingJos wrote:
What you say is wrong.

To go further on yoru example: lets say CCP creates a plex and sells it throught an alt. Result : they lose 15$
Then they buy a plex with an alt. they have to create isk to buy it. Result : +-500mil isk get injected into the economy.

Total results of the 1-1 action: They lose 15$ and have created 500mil out out thin air in the game -> inflation. 2 bad effects that don't cancel each other out.

Shocked

you seem to forget that CCP gets ISK for the PLEX it sells and a PLEX for the ISK it sells.

CCP sells a PLEX: -1 PLEX, +500m ISK
CCP buys a PLEX: +1 PLEX, -500m ISK

net value of transactions: zero

either the 500m or the PLEX only exist temporarily (depending on whether CCP starts by buying or selling) and gets deleted after the second transaction is complete. the other component (ISK or PLEX) is taken from players and returned to players.
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2012-04-26 13:03:33 UTC
Florestan Bronstein wrote:
DeBingJos wrote:
What you say is wrong.

Shocked

you seem to forget that CCP gets ISK for the PLEX it sells and a PLEX for the ISK it sells.

either the 500m or the PLEX only exist temporarily (depending on whether CCP starts by buying or selling) and gets deleted after the second transaction is complete. the other component (ISK or PLEX) is taken from players and returned to players.

The whole point of CCP trying to manipulate the plex market is reducing the amount of plex ingame or increasing it. If they just buy one for 500mil and sell it again for 500mil they have accomplished nothing...Roll

Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2012-04-26 13:54:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
DeBingJos wrote:
Florestan Bronstein wrote:
DeBingJos wrote:
What you say is wrong.

Shocked

The whole point of CCP trying to manipulate the plex market is reducing the amount of plex ingame or increasing it. If they just buy one for 500mil and sell it again for 500mil they have accomplished nothing...Roll

maybe... there is some time between buying and selling^^

the whole point of open market operations by CCP would be to stabilize the market to prevent exaggerations and panics, not to change its equilbrium (equilbrium is adjusted through balancing of income sources and PLEX/GTC deals).

e.g CCP could sell while the market is trending up and buy at roughly the same price when it is going down - this would help to stabilize the market and moderate price swings while still being neutral with rgds to overall PLEX/ISK supply in the long run.

In contrast to you and me CCP wouldn't have to buy a huge stock of PLEX as working capital (which would affect PLEX prices) before starting any such operations. They could just borrow some PLEXes from the future and return (delete) them once they are done.

there is a little problem with rgds to what EyjoG should do if he makes a profit (or loss) - in real life profits are usually passed on to the government and losses would result in recapitalization - I guess in EVE he could just dump excess ISK on some lucky trader, losses are probably best handled by borrowing against future profits^^
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#92 - 2012-04-26 14:39:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Bobby
XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
this has spoilt EVE for quite a few players, I know of at least 7 players that have stopped using alts

Don't worry, I've gone from 6-7 accounts to 15 in the last year so I'm picking up the slack from your poverty stricken acquaintances.

XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
isk to be earnt doing missions, mining is just not viable

Are you sure these people aren't just bad at the game?

I ask because if they've been mining for income during a period of very low mineral prices only to stop that activity when the mineral prices shoot through the roof then they might be, you know, "special".

Missions have been a terrible way to make isk for a long time too, so I'd have to wonder why they hadn't moved on to something better long before now.

XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
Along with the recent nerf to loot, this will drop even more players from EVE

This is nothing new, people have been quitting EVE because they find it too hard since the game launched. That doesn't mean we should make it easier in order to retain these people. You have to remember that a lot of EVE's most loyal and long term players are so because of the relatively challenging nature of the game.

XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
as most real manufacturers relied on the HS/T1 loot to melt down for the rare minerals to actually build items that were worth building, selling and making ISK from, now they will have to either; move in and out of LOW/NULL space and risk losing ships (ISK SINK) - (FUN for LOW/NULL sec RL cash players that dominate those areas), or they now buy from market at higher prices as there will be less of these minerals in high sec space (ISK SINK).

Ok, you have issues here.

Firstly, I'm not sure what your definition of "real manufacturers" are but it appears from this paragraph that they are people who manually gather the materials. The word "manufacturer" seems to have been miss-applied here.

Secondly, you don't seem to understand what an isk sink is. An isk sink is something that removes isk from the game. It is not something that removes isk from an individual players wallet and relocates it to another players wallet. It is not something that destroys a product that was purchased with isk.

Thirdly, you don't seem to understand the concept of opportunity cost and therefore appear to believe that minerals acquired from alternative sources somehow cost less than those purchased from the market.

I think that maybe you should spend less time posting on the forums and more time trying to improve yourself intellectually, because posting isn't going to improve your situation.
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#93 - 2012-04-26 23:06:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Anya Ohaya
Corporate Envoy wrote:
Anya Ohaya wrote:
XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
... stuff ...

With rants like that you should go join the evolution denying, abortion doctor murdering, teapartying Christian Right. I'm sure it'd make sense to them.

You must be from America. In other parts of the world someone who supports the free market is not necessarily a bible thumper.

In the rest of the world, they churchy types tend to be left-leaning, and supporters of "social justice", "fairness", helping the poor and sick, and other WWJD kind of stuff. Right wing people outside America are more of the atheistic "people should help themselves" persuasion.
Corporate Envoy
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2012-04-27 09:23:46 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:
Corporate Envoy wrote:
Anya Ohaya wrote:
XEcuTioneRUK wrote:
... stuff ...

You must be from America. In other parts of the world someone who supports the free market is not necessarily a bible thumper.

In the rest of the world, they churchy types tend to be left-leaning, and supporters of "social justice", "fairness", helping the poor and sick, and other WWJD kind of stuff. Right wing people outside America are more of the atheistic "people should help themselves" persuasion.

I'm not american, I thought you were. Hence the teaparty remark.
As for the religious crowd being left leaning, it is simply not true. I'd say they cover the entire spectrum.

Myself, I'm agnostic and a supporter of fairness and social justice. Those are not dirty words, they are the reasons the scandinavian countries have stable economies and a high living standard. 'Free market' is mostly beneficial to those who already have plenty.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#95 - 2012-04-27 09:39:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Bobby
Ignorant is ignorant, no matter where and with whom it votes, prays, lives or breeds.
Heila Loran
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-04-29 13:50:41 UTC
If CCP does not revert the Incursion nerf i predict PLEX price to drop to 400m ISK within the next few months.
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#97 - 2012-04-29 14:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: corestwo
Heila Loran wrote:
If CCP does not revert the Incursion nerf i predict PLEX price to drop to 400m ISK within the next few months.

See, this? While I see this on one hand as blubbering from an incursion runner who is sad because the risk:reward of their isk fountain was fixed, I also see a price prediction with both price and timeline, and so for that, at least, I can respect it.

Of course it's flawed since by their own claims, backed up by data from CCP, the isk entering the economy through incursions is "tiny" which would suggest that there's no way it could have such an outsized effect on the economy. Twisted

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Arugas Koken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2012-04-30 03:23:15 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Of course it's flawed since by their own claims, backed up by data from CCP, the isk entering the economy through incursions is "tiny" which would suggest that there's no way it could have such an outsized effect on the economy. Twisted

I wouldn't describe approximately one third of all ISK generated by bounty pay-outs as "tiny"...
Jagga Spikes
Spikes Chop Shop
#99 - 2012-04-30 10:12:06 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Heila Loran wrote:

See, this? While I see this on one hand as blubbering from an incursion runner who is sad because the risk:reward of their isk fountain was fixed, I also see a price prediction with both price and timeline, and so for that, at least, I can respect it.

then again, even this "tiny" amount of ISK could have significant effect if focused on specific market segment.
clixor
Celluloid Gurus
#100 - 2012-04-30 10:36:47 UTC
Arugas Koken wrote:
corestwo wrote:

I wouldn't describe approximately one third of all ISK generated by bounty pay-outs as "tiny"...

Incursion runners either use their income (minus say 1 plex for the account) to upgrade their ships on the short term, or fund a PVP habit. Perhaps they have another pvp account, but all other extra accounts in general would be isk printing based chars.

As i think it's illogical for people to drop isk-printing accounts less incursion income only would lead to less PVP, not less accounts funded by PLEX.

Ontopic, unless there suddenly is a huge number of new players who kickstart their careers with PLEXes, PLEX prices will remain stable or, as the young become self-sustainable and start to consume plex themselves, rise in price.