These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Could the Goons cause a dustup in Dust514?

Author
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#21 - 2012-04-25 20:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
The initial launch hardly effects EvE. I highly doubt any real back stabbing can occur other than the everyday average team kill prick. And if the Duster is in charge of painting the target area for a BS bombardment. It relies on the man on the ground to kill his own side, not the EvE pilot, who can only choose not to fire as a way to be a dink. It will be a good while before corp 0.0 contracts will be in Dust and only then will we know how much control either side has to kick sand around.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#22 - 2012-04-25 20:51:09 UTC
1) The # of console FPS players out there is staggering and will dwarf the EvE community. All of us combined would probably be little more than a blip on the radar of the DUST community.

2) You think the Goons are masters of douchebaggery? You should have heard the language and seen the tea-bagging going on in my Halo session last night. If anyone is getting griefed in DUST it's probably going to be us. Big smile

A sticky for every tank. A warm sack on your face. See you planet side Twisted

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-04-25 20:55:08 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Two words, Orbital Strikes

kinda what Im thinking... could kill the game before it even gets a chance just by going and orbital striking everyone and laughing but saying "Oh jeez sorry its hard to aim this thing"

Youd think the guys in Dust wold quickly hate us

Hm... I see a GREAT griefing opportunity opening up... Wonder if theyll ban EVE players fot griefing dust?

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#24 - 2012-04-25 20:58:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
[quote=Jonah Gravenstein]Two words, Orbital Strikes[/quote

kinda what Im thinking... could kill the game before it even gets a chance just by going and orbital striking everyone and laughing but saying "Oh jeez sorry its hard to aim this thing

Hm... I see a GREAT griefing opportunity opening up... Wonder if theyll ban EVE players fot griefing dust?

I hear ban hammer PR works out well, especially for a game that is niche.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#25 - 2012-04-25 21:03:59 UTC
Miilla wrote:
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Two words, Orbital Strikes

kinda what Im thinking... could kill the game before it even gets a chance just by going and orbital striking everyone and laughing but saying "Oh jeez sorry its hard to aim this thing

I hear ban hammer PR works out well, especially for a game that is niche.

The ban hammer actually saved the halo franchise... at one point the modding in Halo 2 was so bad it was the laughing stock of FPSs and people were abandoning it for that reason. The ban hammer cleaned up the community and people started coming back. Imagine how bad the modding will be on a game that is free to download and play... that's actually my biggest DUST worry. Super speed flying invisible guys with unlimited ammo fully auto snipers in dev dropsuits could totally ruin the game.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#26 - 2012-04-25 23:11:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Gogela wrote:
1) The # of console FPS players out there is staggering and will dwarf the EvE community. All of us combined would probably be little more than a blip on the radar of the DUST community.

2) You think the Goons are masters of douchebaggery? You should have heard the language and seen the tea-bagging going on in my Halo session last night. If anyone is getting griefed in DUST it's probably going to be us. Big smile

A sticky for every tank. A warm sack on your face. See you planet side Twisted

I for one welcome our console playing overlords Smile

I think we may see tea-bagging taken to a whole new level though, the future vision trailer seems to imply that we can do friendly fire to & nothing says screw you like an arty bombardment from orbit Evil.

I doubt the console FPS players have come across a bunch of people that equal them in the twisted, evil and just plain bloody minded stakes before, so look forward to internet spaceship/dustbunny interaction (asshattery) being an educational experience for players of both games.

Epic battles with friendly fire, backstabbing and other shenanigans from both sides are ahead.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#27 - 2012-04-25 23:37:37 UTC
Console Kiddie, teenagers .vs Goons. This should be a rapid race to the bottom.

Depending on how CCP launch it, I suspect Dust bunnies will be a far worse thorn in the sides of Goons than vice-versa though. Planets will influence Sov. If you thought force projection was bad before, imagine how it will be when a 2 man corp in High Sec takes half the sov in Deklien.
Previous page12