These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Could the Goons cause a dustup in Dust514?

Author
Alotta Cleavage
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-04-25 18:30:26 UTC
With the Dust524 beta coming the Sony Playstation and possibly millions of PS3 owners/players would the Goons get lost in the masses or could they disturb the sandbox enough to impact the game?
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#2 - 2012-04-25 18:32:46 UTC
Alotta Cleavage wrote:
With the Dust524 beta coming the Sony Playstation and possibly millions of PS3 owners/players would the Goons get lost in the masses or could they disturb the sandbox enough to impact the game?

I'm personally looking forward to the first cross-platform gank...

"Sorry, wrong target. My bad."
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#3 - 2012-04-25 18:32:58 UTC
Two words, Orbital Strikes

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#4 - 2012-04-25 18:33:06 UTC
Come back in 3 to 6 months after Dust is released and see if anybody cares about it.
Irisa Selenia
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-04-25 18:35:27 UTC
I read that as dubstep instead of dustup.

Confused the hell out of me.
Justice Comes
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-04-25 18:36:19 UTC
Alotta Cleavage wrote:

(I think they can hear you.)

Most annoying thing of the week: You failed to dock/jump because you are cloaked (in your Deep Space Transport).

Sidrun
Life sucks then you die Ltd.
#7 - 2012-04-25 18:36:29 UTC
I, for one, think Dust 514 is going to be fairly lackluster with regards to sales/subscriptions. FPS players are notorious for their short attention spans, and their blind loyalty to their favorite game. An anachronism I know. I just hope that if it sinks like the Titanic, it doesn't take the entire studio with them. CCP, please tell me you haven't leveraged too much on Dust 514.
Miss Whippy
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-04-25 18:43:40 UTC
There is no goon.

[URL="https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=82348"]UI Iteration isn't enough, we need to start from scratch[/URL]

Pyrus Octavius
Flat Earth Believers
#9 - 2012-04-25 18:45:42 UTC
Tell me something, what the f*ck does it matter? Is your life so boring you have to worry about what some Internet Spaceship game corporation is doing? Goons this, Goons that. C'mon get a life, go get laid or something. Again, -1 for the improper use of a Tin Foil Hat.
Tinnin Sylph
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-04-25 18:53:20 UTC
Yes. Yes they could.

Heh.

Skorpynekomimi
#11 - 2012-04-25 18:53:35 UTC
AFK Hauler wrote:
Alotta Cleavage wrote:

I'm personally looking forward to the first cross-platform gank...

"Sorry, wrong target. My bad."

If they don't do it, I will. I've always wanted to bombard a planet from orbit while listening to the panicked cries of the people I'm blowing up.

Economic PVP

Akiyo XI
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-04-25 18:53:46 UTC
Alotta Cleavage wrote:

If the goons bother to put forth a huge amount of isk for ground troops then yes it will impact the game.

I can already see people whining about goonsquads in their PI

"the wise speak only of what they know"

Vetorept Fera
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-04-25 18:59:56 UTC
Alotta Cleavage wrote:

As a member of the Something Awful forums, I can tell you that goons have a presence in many many games, from MMO's and browser games to consoles. While "griefing pubbies" is always an enjoyable pastime, Eve Online is the only game where it is taken to such extremes. The single shard nature of the game is a contributing factor. I highly doubt Eve Goons have conquest plans for Dust 514.

In pace requiescat

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-04-25 19:01:06 UTC
Interaction between DUSTbunnies and us is going to be limited for the first few months of the game simply because CCP knows how much we will troll them during the first few weeks.

Once full interaction is established, frequent DUST players will have enough experience to avoid getting kicked out of the game by us.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#15 - 2012-04-25 19:05:32 UTC
I wonder when CCP have to kick in their "test" connectors to simulate Dust players in Eve and EVe players in Dust when it starts to go into decline 3 months after release :)
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#16 - 2012-04-25 19:22:06 UTC
Dust will be ok for a few months, once a new clone of a modern fps is out only the fanbois and people who want to exploit the system will be left. Goons have nothing to do with it, it's the nature of EVE players. People will do as much as they can to use dust to influence EVE as negatively as possible.

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Forum Harlot
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-04-25 19:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Harlot
Pyrus Octavius wrote:
Tell me something, what the f*ck does it matter? Is your life so boring you have to worry about what some Internet Spaceship game corporation is doing? Goons this, Goons that. C'mon get a life, go get laid or something. Again, -1 for the improper use of a Tin Foil Hat.

Tell me something, what the fick does it matter? Is your life so boring you have to worry about what some internet forum troll thinks about what some internet spaceship game corporation is doing? Meta-complaining here, meta-complaining there. C'mon, get a life, go on a raid or something.

Again, -1 internets for being literally Hitler.
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-04-25 19:50:01 UTC
GOONS do something in Dust514?

you gotta be joking most them pubbies are hackin halo players or gay bunny hoppin counter striker dweebs. i see they will only fail at winning in this.

Down to the GOONS
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-04-25 20:26:34 UTC
WEll friendly fire is always on and you can switch teams whenever you want more or less, so I expect massive level of back stabbing.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-04-25 20:27:58 UTC
Miilla wrote:
I wonder when CCP have to kick in their "test" connectors to simulate Dust players in Eve and EVe players in Dust when it starts to go into decline 3 months after release :)

I don't think it's a test, I think it's planed to let eve and dust people meet in bars. pretty sick

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

12Next page