These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Win 7 64-bit Launcher/Updating - Resolved!

First post
Author
CCP Donut Golem
C C P
C C P Alliance
#81 - 2012-03-14 22:07:36 UTC
Discordamon Celine wrote:
I reformatted my entire computer (something I've been wanting to do for a while anyway), still no go.

"An unknown error occured while downloading the installer payload."
"Click here to download manually" - Which leads me to this link - http://community.eveonline.com/download/?fallback=1

...and that whole process fails too.

Hi, I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with the contents of /EVE/launcher/cache/launcher.log via Pastebin or something similar. Thanks!
Fishmaskle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-03-14 22:07:40 UTC
I reformatted my entire computer (something I've been wanting to do for a while anyway), still no go.

"Click here to download manually" - Which leads me to this link - http://community.eveonline.com/download/?fallback=1

Odd but where does it fail, in the downloading phase or the patching phase. One can be a networking/connection issue, the other could be a system stability issue that may not even crop up during a reformat/reinstall. (I have seen it many times)
If I helped you out, Technical Issue, enemy gank, popped your poor fit, hit the "Like" button.
Discordamon Celine
Low Volatility Anomaly
#83 - 2012-03-14 22:23:22 UTC
CCP Donut Golem wrote:

Hi, I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with the contents of /EVE/launcher/cache/launcher.log via Pastebin or something similar. Thanks!

This is during the launcher installation, there isn't even an EVE folder.

I just tried the manual again and suddenly it seems to be working. I'll post back if it doesn't.

Thanks!
Balin Varesh
The Poisoned Spear
#84 - 2012-03-14 23:16:13 UTC
Same. I had a load of exception errors earlier, saw the note on anti-virus software, but I don't have any. Restarted pc, tried the repair tool - nothing so ended up uninstalling and trying to reinstall via online downloader - however, this keeps failing and directing me to the manual links which have also just failed. Getting frustrated now as everything worked fine before patches and launcher and other people seem to have it working just fine.
Deepest Killers
S0utherN Comfort
#85 - 2012-03-15 03:50:10 UTC
I too am getting the missing or corrupt file issue when downloading. This seems to be a CCP server issue as the downloader loses connection with your server (timeouts). The only other resolution to this is putting the client update on a torrent site to download or some other storage site.
Xi M'ei
DracoWolven
#86 - 2012-03-23 13:38:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Xi M'ei
Add my name to the list of people with patching issues. I now have more than one useless installation of EVE; one set on 64-bit, with the incompatibility issue, the other set on 32 bit with no reaction at all.
Repair tool flunks out with some errors, downloading (3rd time since the new launcher!) the game client fails as well.

Frankly, I do not want to pay for a game that I have to download and re-install every time I want to play or whenever there's an update. This has been the case ever since the new launcher came out. Before that I've never had an issue.

I've opened a petition and I will wait for the response, but I've got to admit I am rather de-motivated at this point.

"There are other world than these" - Jake

Update: client download failed; manual download and re-install ok, then it patched and the problems started again.
/quit.
Famished
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2012-03-23 15:46:37 UTC
CCP Donut Golem wrote:

This is during the launcher installation, there isn't even an EVE folder.

I just tried the manual again and suddenly it seems to be working. I'll post back if it doesn't.

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem as this poster minus the last line where its working.
I have NO anti-Virus on, a clean install on a new SSD drive, win 7pro
also on another computer i am accessing the game, albeit only can change skills

Wish I could get some sort of reply as to what to do next
Sanisoclem
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#88 - 2012-03-23 16:02:24 UTC
Has anyone had any luck with this?

I'm getting sick of this. ever since the launcher, every update has been a painful process. I would always have to reinstall the game. and the installer always says to install manually. then I go and download the payload files. there was this one file that always stopped at 1.1 g (but is actually 2.2 g). and I'm sure its not my internet connection, I have a very fast connection (20mbps, 50mbs within SG) and downloading other bigger files was not a problem. This has been the scenario for me every single update. and today, I am having the same fcking issue. i click on launcher and it updates and then it says its incompatible with my windows version. If I run exefile directly, it *seems* to work fine. I am getting tired of all this BS that you are releasing. I have a notebook and a desktop both 64bit win7 i7 and its the same fcking problem. Please do your job CCP and give us a working game. I usually spend 10 -15 minutes a day to play this game because of some personal stuff I have to attend to at the moment and I cant hang around for hours trying to figure out how to get this to work so that my money wont go to waste because my character is not training any skills. BS BS BS BS
Sanisoclem
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-03-23 16:10:08 UTC
CCP Donut Golem wrote:

This kind of response is acceptable if its an isolated issue. but a lot of us are encountering this sh*t of a problem. These problems should have been caught during testing so you don't release this crap on us. its not like we are running P4s on our grandma's 486, these are new hardware that should have been tested with your fcking launcher before it was released.

arggh so pissed off. you know how to take our money but not how to do your job.
Federigo Mondial
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-03-23 16:40:33 UTC
Anyhow i managed to get EVE working again. Thankfully I had long skill queues.
After multiple client downloads and running the repair, I can get it to run on Win7 64 bit pro.

Even then CCP, this isn't cool, you wanna keep tabs on this issue.
Vlad Vaviloff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-03-23 17:40:01 UTC
After two fresh reinstalls and useless repairs the only thing that worked was launching the bin/ExeFile.exe manually.
Don't want to redownload 5 Gb every time a minor patch is made, please fix the launcher.
Tarconnii
Perkone
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-04-03 12:22:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarconnii
Is crazy every time he have a update i have the same trouble.

1 The launcher don’t update the game

2 Repair don’t repair any thing

3 when I lunch the game, in the login windows he tell me :

There is a new build available. Would you like to download it now? The build is 3.6 MB in size.
And he installs it every time I lunch it.

4 last times I delete nod32 the luncher update the game working well

5 todays one more time the luncher don’t do their work and he would like to install the patch in the login windows.

7 I don’t have now antiviruses installed, I download 5 time already the game and install it I living in Laos and I tried to waiting 1 full night for nothing because don’t working .

Now I little bite bored and hungry of that because every time i lose 2 hour for fine a solution for lunching the game.

Plz do a patch for resolve it is enough now we paid for playing not for download 10 times the game or make repair don’t work.

Now I have to fine another wai for stating it

System Windows 7 64bit

Best Regard
Tarconnii
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2012-04-03 18:08:40 UTC
Ok I finde one solution working for me:

Delete all file in the folder: …\eve\bulkdata.

Windows touche + R

On Windows 7
1 – Open Start -> and write CMD.exe press enter.
2 – navigate to the eve folder, in my case it was: cd \Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE
3 – Write the following h4x0r line:
“repair.exe –safemode –ignore=*.stuff”

Source: http://www.evenews24.com/2012/04/03/psa-getting-verification-failed-off-the-new-patch-heres-is-a-work-around/

Now game work for me after 4 hours for finds a solution.

Best regards
Ling Sinsen
A.S.K
#94 - 2012-04-25 06:10:54 UTC
I'm having this issue as well.
I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit with G-DATA Internet Security.
The game is installed using Steam, but I've downloaded the game directly from the site and still having the same issue.
I'm just a newcomer to this game and this...
Master Dumi
Gladius Veritatis
Goonswarm Federation
#95 - 2012-04-25 15:19:35 UTC
Jack Jackley wrote:
Launching the game using the Exefile.exe file in EVE/bin worked successfully. Is this going to cause problems patching later?? we'll find out.

Thx,

this was OK for me, yesterday.

Today - new patch.
EVE Launcher FAILED
Can't find the patch (Updates to the EVE Client will be done through the launcher from now on)

I'm sorry for heaving Windows 7 / 64 on my machine.

Can't find help ... maybe a petiton is in order ...
Simon Victor
The Hornet's Nest
#96 - 2012-04-25 16:51:29 UTC
I FIXED an issue with WINDOWS 7 X64. I tried to run eve after the launcher was updated. Launcher wouldn't run at all. No error, no nothing.

Repair tool looked like it worked, but tried to run launcher again, and still nothing.

Tried clearing launcher cache... nothing.

Reinstall game... nothing.

FINALLY, I went into the \launcher\cache\ folder and ran updater.exe on a whim, and installed in my eve online install folder. Everything is dandy now.

Hope this helps someone.

Arguing with strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they inevitably turn out to be, or are indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

Zero History
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#97 - 2012-04-25 19:03:06 UTC
Simon Victor wrote:
FINALLY, I went into the \launcher\cache\ folder and ran updater.exe on a whim, and installed in my eve online install folder. Everything is dandy now.

Much appreciated, Simon -- this is precisely the method that solved the very same problem for me just now. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
GS Armada
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#98 - 2012-04-25 22:44:12 UTC
i had all the same problems and i fixed it by going to the launcher folder and then to cache folder and launch the updater.exe and it fixed my problem.
KanashiiKami
#99 - 2012-04-25 23:56:03 UTC
i changed 1 of my coms to a win7 -64bit ult ...

the usual eve in a folder doesnt run anymore ...

repair.exe ran for 15 times till it gave no errors ...

n now we have to use the special updater ...

so the updater is just for win7-64 problems? or even on all OS

WUT ???

KanashiiKami
#100 - 2012-04-26 00:00:38 UTC  |  Edited by: KanashiiKami
ok launcher updates fine ...

launches to a 1.31 applet

now evefile doesnt work on W764ULT

so ... after repair runs ... updater runs ... its back to repair runs n it is interesting that after updater, u have to goto repair to re-repair ...

launcher will tell you it is working, but evefile is not really working, so keep mashing that repair program till it runs out :D

Warning: failed to add block - (1359053072, 'w\xe0\xc1\xbd\xf9\xd3\n[\xe7\xc8@{\xee\xa4>\xca')
Warning: failed to add block - (119933109, 'V\xd0\xa2z\x1a\xe1\x1c\x95\x84R\x86\xd1-\xce\x91\x8d')
Warning: failed to add block - (-1723323712, '\xe7"\x988A\xdeT\x0c$9\xdf\x95\xb8S\xd5\'')
Warning: failed to add block - (-1343436167, 'S\x0e\x8c \x05gF\xe8o\xcb\x8c\xb9}\xc3J\x85')
Warning: failed to add block - (297621813, 'B;B\xabl\xb3\xbf\x93\xda\x01w\xe7\xac\xbc\xbc\xe2')
(7/7) Applying patch: 100.0%, 00m00s

WUT ???