These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Window Mode Startup Fix?

Author
Balthisar Calderon
Smath and Balt Holding Corporation
#1 - 2011-09-20 09:29:19 UTC
I think this naughty behavior started with Incarna. Any fix?:

I have Eve-Online set to startup in Window mode. Yet during launch, it launches full-screen -- totally disrupting everything else I'm doing on my machine -- before getting into window mode.

In the past (pre Incarna), I was always able to set a supported resolution in [macdrv] "Desktop" = "1920x1200" in the ~…/config file, and the application would open following proper UI rules. That solution no longer seems to work.

Anyone have a solution to prevent the focus-stealing, full-screen startup behavior?
Krispy Dingo
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#2 - 2011-09-29 18:34:00 UTC
This wasn't an Incarna change, but came last year when the introduced the option to select Window Mode from the settings on the Mac Client.

Sorry, but there isn't a fix.
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#3 - 2011-09-29 21:13:50 UTC
Krispy Dingo wrote:
This wasn't an Incarna change, but came last year when the introduced the option to select Window Mode from the settings on the Mac Client.

Sorry, but there isn't a fix.

It is an Incarna change...sort of

Last year when you had the choice of selecting windowed mode, you could still write the real value in the config file and force it to windowed without taking over the full screen, in my case all 5 screens. Incarna removed the ability to completely override that setting.