These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP technetium !!!!!!!!!!!

First post
Author
Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#61 - 2012-04-24 06:05:54 UTC
So what about that Alchemy that was the talk on the street (alongside ambulolololtion) back in 2006..

AFK-cloaking in a system near you.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2012-04-24 06:06:58 UTC
Misanth wrote:
So what about that Alchemy that was the talk on the street (alongside ambulolololtion) back in 2006..

You need to mine gas clouds to make boosters

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Caldari Citizen 20111101
Doomheim
#63 - 2012-04-24 06:10:45 UTC
free market
Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#64 - 2012-04-24 06:13:37 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Misanth wrote:

I think you missed the joke. Invention was the "solution" to T2 BPO, Alchemy was supposedly the "solution" to moon goo. See how that went. P

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#65 - 2012-04-24 06:21:03 UTC
Misanth wrote:
Misanth wrote:

I think you missed the joke. Invention was the "solution" to T2 BPO, Alchemy was supposedly the "solution" to moon goo. See how that went. P

People suggested alchemy to get around the tech thing. Not sure if it went anywhere, since you know, arguing on General Discussion is so~ well known for productive adoption of the ideas being argued and trolled over.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#66 - 2012-04-24 06:24:22 UTC
Caldari Citizen 20111101 wrote:
fee market

Fixed that for you
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#67 - 2012-04-24 06:27:14 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Caldari Citizen 20111101 wrote:
butts market

Fixed that for you

FYP

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Misanth
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
#68 - 2012-04-24 06:41:34 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
People suggested alchemy to get around the tech thing. Not sure if it went anywhere, since you know, arguing on General Discussion is so~ well known for productive adoption of the ideas being argued and trolled over.

Pretty sure it went nowhere, so will this dialogue. P

Verte Sinkon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2012-04-24 07:18:23 UTC
Avid Bumhumper wrote:
CCP is paying off the big Alliances, while stripping wealth from the average player.

Is the about Plex CCP? Is you big plan to force smaller Alliances to buy plex to sell for isk?
They won't be able to compete with the Tech isk faucet otherwise...very clever CCP. Shocked

That you came to this conclusion shows your intellectual prowess. I'm surprised nobody realized this earlier.
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#70 - 2012-04-24 07:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Skydell wrote:
almost 8 mill an hr to run a low sec reactions POS. Good ISK considering it's low risk and all, shipping in and out of Low sec, fueling the POS, babysitting it. That's up there with High sec Ice Mining. Sure wish I had put the math together first.I'd be in low filling the Silo now instead of sitting in Jita, Broke.

Oh, yeah, because you totally have to run to your POS each and every hour to keep it producing and it seriously stops whenever you log off. That was sarcasm, by the way.

And anyway 8 mil * 24h * 30d = 5.76 bil ISK/month.
Do you really think you somehow DESERVE this much ISK for making maybe one trip per week to a single POS and keeping it out of trouble on a moon probably nobody cares about anyway so nobody bothers attacking to begin with ?
The nerve of some people...

Here's a hint - if you can earn more than 1 bil ISK per month doing that for any significant length of time, something is terribly, TERRIBLY wrong with the game.
A much more reasonable but still very generous income would be 200 mil ISK/month for that. That's less than 300k per hour, but NOT worked hour. Actual work time will very likely be below 2 hours per month, so 100 mil per actively worked hour. For a modest investment, with minimal required skills.
Quite a few people would be very happy with even less for such an activity schedule.
Arcan Winter
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2012-04-24 07:42:08 UTC
Let the moon goo come and go in cycels. Let the types the moon provide change each 4 week. That way noons need to be scanned regulatre and POS need to me moved to keep production going.... also, move the types around such as only true sec give any hints at all about loacation....
Arkady Vachon
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#72 - 2012-04-24 07:48:34 UTC
Avid Bumhumper wrote:
CCP is paying off the big Alliances, while stripping wealth from the average player.

Is the about Plex CCP? Is you big plan to force smaller Alliances to buy plex to sell for isk?
They won't be able to compete with the Tech isk faucet otherwise...very clever CCP. Shocked

send me 100mil ISK and i'll send you a custom tinfoil hat.

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#73 - 2012-04-24 07:57:15 UTC
Who cares.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#74 - 2012-04-24 12:05:30 UTC
Arcan Winter wrote:
Let the moon goo come and go in cycels. Let the types the moon provide change each 4 week. That way noons need to be scanned regulatre and POS need to me moved to keep production going.... also, move the types around such as only true sec give any hints at all about loacation....

Moon scanning would have to be changed drastically - because right now it's a huge timesink which would sink your idea.

Ring Mining, when it shows up in Winter 2012 or Spring 2013 (best guesses) will provide a supplemental source of moon goo which cannot be perfectly controlled at the alliance level.
Aloe Cloveris
The Greater Goon
#75 - 2012-04-24 14:14:31 UTC
Misanth wrote:
Misanth wrote:

Your comparison would work if invention wasn't actually an uncharacteristically-clever-what-with-being-a-CCP-attempt-at-fixing-a-thing solution to the BPO problem.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-04-24 14:24:15 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Arcan Winter wrote:

Moon scanning would have to be changed drastically - because right now it's a huge timesink which would sink your idea.

Ring Mining, when it shows up in Winter 2012 or Spring 2013 (best guesses) will provide a supplemental source of moon goo which cannot be perfectly controlled at the alliance level.

Scanning is SUPPOSED to be a time sink. Scrapyard Bob has it right. Make the minerals move around and force the players to rescan to find new sources to mine every so often. Make moons deplete.

Ring mining will be the biggest and best change though. When that hits the price on moon minerals will plummet as so many other players will be mining and selling it on the market.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-04-24 14:50:14 UTC
As the Director of the Organization of Technetium Exporting Corporations, we in the OTEC mock you all.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#78 - 2012-04-24 15:04:42 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
It already costs 200k per unit and most of it is gone from jita and source of it is in the hands of oligopoly

JUST ******* FIX IT ALREADY

You wanted to play. Now enjoy the bath....................

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Mire Stoude
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-04-24 18:04:43 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Mire Stoude wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
[quote=Tiberious Thessalonia][quote=JitaPriceChecker2]
Ranting.
pretty much passive income is lame.

u mad bro.

Nobody is maddier in this topic than u bro
VagabondAlt
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2012-04-24 18:30:03 UTC
Karadion wrote:
As the Director of the Organization of Technetium Exporting Corporations, we in the OTEC mock you all.

youre not the director im the director