These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What ships do you want to see in EVE?

First post
Author
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-04-24 16:54:28 UTC
A GM ship with a cloak to make it look like a Hulk that only i have and no one else.

I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
ian papabear
No Regard.
#22 - 2012-04-24 16:55:39 UTC
[quote=Chandaris]- Faction Battlecruisers
- Mining ships that can defend themselves a bit better[/quote

hulk cant defend itself with the bonuses it gets?

you know, you dont have to go x 2 expanded cargohold and cargo optimization x 2 on a hulk.

and defend themselves from what? rats? griefers?

Anslo
Scope Works
#23 - 2012-04-24 17:04:09 UTC
Siigari Kitawa wrote:
Herro Ansro o/

<3 siig

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Danel Tosh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-04-24 17:09:15 UTC
Tech 2 Destroyers that can use covert ops cloak and fit four torpedo launchers. (kinda like a stealth bomber without the bombs) I would find it useful in complementing Bombers and Recon ships.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#25 - 2012-04-24 17:14:29 UTC
A gas miner.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#26 - 2012-04-24 17:15:08 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Veteran ships restricted to pilots with 100m, 120m, 140m, 160m, 180m, and 200m skillpoints. These ships will be sub-capital, but more powerful than anything seen before. The best of them should be able to solo a small fleet without breaking a sweat.

Basically, god ships for crusty old players like me. :D

While kind of a good idea...i..THINK that might break something.

I know, and I think it will be glorious.
Sidrun
Life sucks then you die Ltd.
#27 - 2012-04-24 17:17:02 UTC
I'd like to see a whole new race and ships based upon rogue drones. Like the borg or something along those lines.
EdwardNardella
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-04-24 17:24:30 UTC  |  Edited by: EdwardNardella
How about heavy bombers, using Tier 2 BC hulls, double range on bomb launchers (this would be accomplished by speeding up the bomb, not increasing flight time), tankable, able to fit two launchers unable to use Covert Ops Cloak.

Ager Agemo wrote:
Tech 2 variants of tier 3 battelships and tier 2 battle cruisers.

would love the T2 Rokh to be an ALL OUT WAR ship, totally lacking on the ewar and support systems, but completely geared for RAW DPS and tanking. a monster among monsters of firepower. same for abaddon, maelstrom and Hyperion.

I think Tech II PVP battleships would be loads of fun. They should require a very large investement in skills and be as powerful as you describe.

The Amarr version should be a missile boat.

Actually upon thought that is not such a bad idea. The drawback to these ships could be an inability to instantly apply DPS; just like all long range missile boats.

The Minmatar version would fire guns at the end of their cycle instead of the beginning.

The Gallente would be a drone boat with new heavy duty heavy drones, they would be able to cover long distances without too much difficulty, changing targets should not be instant even if the new target is 5KM away from the previous target. They would take time to disengage and reingage. They would also be active tanked.

The Amarr one could have some kind of new weapon, because I can't think of a way to slow down lasers. Perhaps based on some of the technology found in the terran super weapon. Can you imagine giant slow moving balls of blue of plasma floating across a battlefield? They could be laser guided too, with a visible laser!

The Caldari would be a missile boat.
Grezh
Hextrix Enterprise
#29 - 2012-04-24 17:26:39 UTC
Would be really cool to see a mothership like in homeworld, with the ability to refine minerals and to manufacture everything up to battleships. Terrible self defense, doesn't disappear when logged off but can use strontium when it has no logged on pilot. Along with a password for entering the ship as well as separate passwords for things like moving, jumping, manufacturing, etc. in the ship.
Jayne Tamm
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-04-24 17:35:16 UTC
Death Star!!!!!!

(Ok, maybe not)
Venirto Shadowblack
#31 - 2012-04-24 17:52:35 UTC
Drone Carrier - BC/BS size, no guns just drones with bonuses to drone quantity.
Liner - Capital size, weaker tank ability than dread but with 6 guns instead of 3.
Stealth Fighter - Frig size, a frigate with covert ops cloak designed for taking down bombers, scanners etc.
Hauler - BS/Orca size, mostly unarmed ship with large ship maintance bay for ship transport.
"Submarine" - BS size, XL Stealth bomber with covert ops cloak and 1-2 capital missile launchers. Bomb would be OP
Tanker - BS/Orca size, able to re-fill capitals with fuel/strontium in space.
Fireship - BC/BS size, ship focused on smartbombs.
Gas Miner - Cruiser/BC size, mining ships designed for gas harvesting.
Corvette - Cruiser size, larger interceptor with bonuses to warp scramblin.
Patrol Ship - Destroyer size, a destroyer which could last in battle for longer than 3 seconds. Bonuses against drones.
Mining Platform - Orca/Capital size, can be deployed like rorqual and fit capital size mining lasers.
Firing Platform - BS/Orca size, can be deployed like rorqual and fit a capital size gun.

Anything Else? Blink
Holy One
Privat Party
#32 - 2012-04-24 18:01:49 UTC
friend-ship

:)

Ank Parkor
WildSpace Otters
#33 - 2012-04-24 18:03:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ank Parkor
BS sized Amarr drone boats.
And faction T2 BC .

[u]Short time trader, short term missionner, long term ambitions.[/u]

Bring justice to EVE: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1171333

ctx2007
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-04-24 18:04:32 UTC
http://openbooksociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Red_Dwarf_Ship.jpg

For all you industrailists the mining ship "Red Dwarf" Big smile

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-04-24 18:16:27 UTC
A defensive fleet ship that has no offense. Think this. http://shipyards.relicnews.com/hw2/index_hiigaran.html

Or a flak style weapon.
Schlangers Nine
Perkone
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-04-24 18:22:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Schlangers Nine
Tech 2 Tier 3 BC :D

The new hulls are my favourite :D

Also redo all Minnie ships to look more like the new BC and stealth bombers !

Or Tier 3 Pirate/Navy BC
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-04-24 18:23:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Garnoo wrote:
tier 3 command ships based on tier 2 bc hulls (harbi, drake, myrm and cane)

This would be a very wise/useful choice

Would also like something:

1- "Strategic Bomber" destroyer class, something really tank nasty, throwing 2 bombs at a time but reduced dmg (30+%) compared with bomber V, no gun options, can cloak if targeted (this would be a pain in the ass to get)

2-Battleship class siege module:
-use strontium+racial isotops (specific cargo included in module), ship imobilised, lasts (unstoppable cycle) 7.5min (Tech1, timer can be reduced by 0.5 min per level with specific skill but can't go under 5min With Tech2 module)

Use module = Bonus
Remote shields/armor and energy effects increased by 350%, cost reduced by 50%
Repair amount (self), capacitor charge bonus increased by 250%, cost reduced by 50%
175% bonus of tracking (explosion radius), ROF and range (flight time)

Use module = Drawback
Immune to all form of: repair/remote/links/MWDJ/gang links/bonus
Can not use JB's, Portal generator, gates, dock, used inside POS shields
Sign radius increased by 100% and dmg recieved from Doomsday devices and Titan guns by 25%

There's so much room for improvements I count probably camp this thread for ages. ;)
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#38 - 2012-04-24 18:46:58 UTC
Deep Space Vessels

They become the only ship which can warp to places without bookmark...far outside all but the longest of deep probes' ranges.

Once there, an enemy vessel would have to scan them down extensively to find them and; a DSV could light a cyno, or any gang member in system would be able to warp to them.

Think it should be tough to get the ship to warp out that far, with some kind of time-based penalty to off-set the ultimate insult of jumping into a system and warping out beyond immediate reach without recourse.

Mean lookin' and about BS size. Dirty, with all kinds of debris on it because it looks like it's gone soooo far outside the magnetic safety of a solar system that it's run into some serious ****.

It should have the ability to leave beacons in system, for the return home, and DSV's should be the only ship that can launch/use these beacons. You could maybe get some variations in the beacon racial types too.

I remember some of the ideas CCP had years back talking about strange environments, weird environments which a ship could find themselves in, unknown penalties and effects these environments could have on ship systems.

But I like the idea, just no clue if it would work or become a massive get out of jail free card for some players. I do hope it would encourage griefing, in a positive but ultimately EVE way - because right now its a little stale.

AK

This space for rent.

Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-04-24 19:08:34 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
Veteran ships restricted to pilots with 100m, 120m, 140m, 160m, 180m, and 200m skillpoints. These ships will be sub-capital, but more powerful than anything seen before. The best of them should be able to solo a small fleet without breaking a sweat.

Basically, god ships for crusty old players like me. :D

The relative rarity of characters with that many SP will serve as an excellent balancing factor, as well as give us vets who ran out of skills to train long ago something special.

Having tons of SP is already a big advantage. You don't need two.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-04-24 19:24:09 UTC
I'd like to see a subcap that is designed to kill caps. Something like a heavy bomber, essentially a bomber with a battleship hull.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!