These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Escalation to Inferno Macintosh Issues and Feedback

First post
Author
Amphetamine Toxine
Amarr Wardens
THE BESTICLES
#41 - 2012-04-24 16:37:13 UTC
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

I seem to have a totally different issue. For me, the patching on the MAC went OK and the client started as expected.

However, all was not good as my wallet currently displays 224 ISK... You could say I should save more and not spend it all, but the reality is that the wallet should contain some 224 million ISK.

It is not only the wallet that is affected. When viewing the market everything seems to have much better prices today than yesterday. A drake, for instance seems to be mine for only 52 ISK in Jita right now. An Oraca is just a tad over 700 ISK.
Contracts are also very cheap today it seems, but they do show some duality - a 54 ISK contract for a Drake for some reason shows the amount 54 million in parentheses.

Here is a screenshot taken just now:
Screenshot

Quite obviously the problem here is that the GUI is showing only the first digits of the number, that is, the digits before the first thousandseparator. Checked on a couple of other accounts and the result is the same.

I´m running Lion on a 2011 Mac Book Pro 15", but more specific I would guess is the fact that this MAC is running with Norwegian localization and in the Norwegian standard the thousandseparator is a . (period). Guess that f**ed it up...

Hope you can patch this rather quick because trade is kind of hazardious at the moment... Ugh

Same problem here !!!

MBpro 17 half 2010
2.66 ghz
8 go ram
geforce gt 330 512 mb
lion 10.7.3
Havokca
Tycheon Industries
#42 - 2012-04-24 16:38:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Havokca
Had the same issue (corrupted patching that prevented me from opening the client) on my macBook. I figured there was likely something in the patch file which was corrupt, so I simply deleted the mess and re-downloaded the full client.

It tells me that the full client is not a valid dmg:

"eve disk image could not be opened eve-premium_007867"

So I'm downloading it AGAIN, and watching it to make sure it completes properly...

... but I have to say that It is rather frustrating to have this sort of ****-up occur every single time a major patch is applied to the game.

I understand that many people find Macs to be overpriced, but surely you can afford to get a couple of them for testing, no?
Wilbur33 Saisima
Varg Inc.
#43 - 2012-04-24 16:38:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Wilbur33 Saisima
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

I seem to have a totally different issue. For me, the patching on the MAC went OK and the client started as expected.

However, all was not good as my wallet currently displays 224 ISK... You could say I should save more and not spend it all, but the reality is that the wallet should contain some 224 million ISK.

It is not only the wallet that is affected. When viewing the market everything seems to have much better prices today than yesterday. A drake, for instance seems to be mine for only 52 ISK in Jita right now. An Oraca is just a tad over 700 ISK.
Contracts are also very cheap today it seems, but they do show some duality - a 54 ISK contract for a Drake for some reason shows the amount 54 million in parentheses.

Screenshot

Quite obviously the problem here is that the GUI is showing only the first digits of the number, that is, the digits before the first thousandseparator. Checked on a couple of other accounts and the result is the same.

I´m running Lion on a 2011 Mac Book Pro 15", but more specific I would guess is the fact that this MAC is running with Norwegian localization and in the Norwegian standard the thousandseparator is a . (period). Guess that f**ed it up...

Hope you can patch this rather quick because trade is kind of hazardious at the moment... Ugh

I am experiencing the exact same thing. have been browsing the web looking for this issue without any luck. The interesting thing is that I am a norwegian user as well, so the thousand- separator theory sounds like a probable cause.
And I am using Mac...

EDIT: The online players count in the log-in screen has this issue as well. Showing only 32 players instead of 32- thousand something.
Wolf Manimal
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-04-24 16:40:54 UTC
Client updated fine and seems to be providing somewhat better fps. After playing for 15 minutes the client crashed, so the same old random crash bug is still there *sigh*.

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
CCP Mandrake
C C P
C C P Alliance
#45 - 2012-04-24 16:44:20 UTC
Regarding launcher issues

There will be another update to the launcher either tomorrow or the day after which will fix most errors that occur during the Creating patch step in the launcher, that includes the data corruption error we have been seeing a lot.

stuff

Brinn Brann
Infinate Suns
#46 - 2012-04-24 16:51:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Brinn Brann
I've not been able to run dual clients on either my MBP 2011 or iMac 2010. When I log into second client, it shuts down the first. I've followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Multiple_clients

and tried options 1, 2 & 4. None of which work.
MBP OSX - LION 10.7.3 - 2.7 Intel Core i7 - 8GB RAM
iMac OSX - Snow leopard
CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#47 - 2012-04-24 17:12:21 UTC
Wilbur33 Saisima wrote:
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

Screenshot

I am experiencing the exact same thing. have been browsing the web looking for this issue without any luck. The interesting thing is that I am a norwegian user as well, so the thousand- separator theory sounds like a probable cause.
And I am using Mac...

EDIT: The online players count in the log-in screen has this issue as well. Showing only 32 players instead of 32- thousand something.

Thank you for reporting this - we also received some bug reports for that issue and are now investigating the problem. Are you experiencing this issue on the English client or a localized version?

CCP Shiny \ Producer NES Localization Services \ @ccp_shiny

Wilbur33 Saisima
Varg Inc.
#48 - 2012-04-24 17:20:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Wilbur33 Saisima
CCP Shiny wrote:
Wilbur33 Saisima wrote:
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

Screenshot

And I am using Mac...

Thank you for reporting this - we also received some bug reports for that issue and are now investigating the problem. Are you experiencing this issue on the English client or a localized version?

Thank you for the feedback!

In my case I am running the english EVE client. My iMac is running norwegian version of OSX Lion (10.7.3).

EDIT: I switched OSX language from norwegian to english just to give it a try. Numbers are now showing correctly, so the problem seems to be related to localized versions of the operating system. The thousand- separator seems to be the cause of this bug indeed...
Havokca
Tycheon Industries
#49 - 2012-04-24 17:37:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Havokca
So, in addition to my post above, I've downloaded the full client again:

eve-premium_007867_364755-mac.dmg

However, when trying to install it, I can't even get it to mount properly.

The "verifying..." stage hangs about 3/4 of the way in. Given that people are having the installer crash midway through, and given that I'm having these problems with the full install, it seems likely that there's a corrupt file or two in there.

I'd be more than happy to try alternative methods and provide more detailed feedback, if needed.

EDIT: I'm going to try skipping the verification of the volume, and see what the install says. That can only end well, right?

If nothing else, it might give a more informative error as to where the culprit lies...
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2012-04-24 17:48:23 UTC
Havokca wrote:

The "verifying..." stage hangs about 3/4 of the way in. Given that people are having the installer crash midway through, and given that I'm having these problems with the full install, it seems likely that there's a corrupt file or two in there.

I'd be more than happy to try alternative methods and provide more detailed feedback, if needed.

EDIT: I'm going to try skipping the verification of the volume, and see what the install says. That can only end well, right?

If nothing else, it might give a more informative error as to where the culprit lies...

Don't have any news for you yet but wanted you to have the sha1 checksum to be able to verify the installer payload manually:

url: http://content.eveonline.com/364755/eve-premium_007867_364755-mac.dmg
size: 5911838565 Bytes
sha1: ee4d78c295e899b1cc14e941ce75a2b39dcd7842

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

LordZac
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-04-24 18:01:16 UTC
Quote:
EVE Online.app/Contents/Resources/EVE Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/CCP/EVE/common.ini

Deleting the file and restarting the Launcher will restart the patching process.

this worked for me

Havokca
Tycheon Industries
#52 - 2012-04-24 18:14:16 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Havokca wrote:

Don't have any news for you yet but wanted you to have the sha1 checksum to be able to verify the installer payload manually:

url: http://content.eveonline.com/364755/eve-premium_007867_364755-mac.dmg
size: 5911838565 Bytes
sha1: ee4d78c295e899b1cc14e941ce75a2b39dcd7842

my hash of the full client matches yours. The install seems to have worked (so far), but it still seems rather sketch that the verification of the .dmg hangs when you doubleclick it.
Amphetamine Toxine
Amarr Wardens
THE BESTICLES
#53 - 2012-04-24 18:24:54 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:
Wilbur33 Saisima wrote:
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

Screenshot

And I am using Mac...

English client for me
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2012-04-24 18:58:27 UTC
Havokca wrote:
my hash of the full client matches yours. The install seems to have worked (so far), but it still seems rather sketch that the verification of the .dmg hangs when you doubleclick it.

I will investigate this tomorrow, could you please let me know which version of Mac OSx your are using?

LORD TROFO
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2012-04-24 19:18:37 UTC
where are my billions? had 5bil nave now 5 isk.....
where are the other players? 41 players online.....
where are my zero's? 499 isk plex price...very well
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2012-04-24 19:35:42 UTC
LORD TROFO wrote:
where are my billions? had 5bil nave now 5 isk.....
where are the other players? 41 players online.....
where are my zero's? 499 isk plex price...very well

A fix for this issue is ready, however I don't know if it is going to be included in tomorrows patch at this time.

Havokca
Tycheon Industries
#57 - 2012-04-24 19:47:58 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Havokca wrote:

I will investigate this tomorrow, could you please let me know which version of Mac OSx your are using?

MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
256MB GeForce 9400M
Mitalona
State War Academy
Caldari State
#58 - 2012-04-24 21:02:46 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:
Wilbur33 Saisima wrote:
Mitalona wrote:
Hi

Screenshot

And I am using Mac...

Using the English client.
Gimblanni
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2012-04-24 22:46:44 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
mofanto wrote:
Is there other way to force Launcher patch client again? It looks like launcher detects that client is latest version but previous patching failed.. or rollback to previous version and run whole process again

Was just talking with CCP Mandrake about this and you can force the Launcher to patch by deleting the common.ini wich you can find under:

EVE Online.app/Contents/Resources/EVE Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/CCP/EVE/common.ini

Deleting the file and restarting the Launcher will restart the patching process.

This worked for me and fixed the problem. THANKS!

Fly safe!
Tara Nighthawk
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-04-24 22:58:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Tara Nighthawk
Quote:

Are you saying this is actually supposed to be recursive? - with the 'EVE Online.app/Contents/Resources' part repeated?

That makes no sense Cry

Perhaps it would be more sensible NOT to create a duplicate copy of the EVE Online.app inside the Resources folder of the first one?

Neither copy works. I tried again - starting with a Backup copy of the previous version and the same thing happened.

Removing the common.ini file just resulted in an error due to not finding this file Cry