These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PLEX prices about to plummet?

Author
enterprisePSI
#61 - 2012-04-21 08:11:06 UTC
every weekend, plex price collapse. Tuesday will be back over 500 mil.

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psiĀ©

Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putain
Remanaquie Federation
Meracom
#62 - 2012-04-23 02:07:53 UTC
Hamaa Kazula wrote:
The great RMT isk purge will likely crash PLEX prices in my opinion.

Tens of trillions removed from economy.
- Less demand for PLEX

People worried about using RMT to aquire ISK
- More people converting GTCs to PLEX to acquire ISK. (especially those trying to fix their neg wallet balance)

CCP found a good way of reducing PLEX price and controlling inflation.

How do you manage to derive that conclusion from those premises? How can you understand so little about so much...
Arugas Koken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-04-23 03:30:32 UTC
Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putain wrote:
How do you manage to derive that conclusion from those premises? How can you understand so little about so much...

CCP bans numerous bots and removes RMT isk.

1. Less people use RMT for isk and sell PLEX instead. Supply of PLEX goes up.
2. Less botting accounts using PLEX. Demand goes down.

Supply increase + less demand = conclusion.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#64 - 2012-04-23 03:46:59 UTC
enterprisePSI wrote:

I think you have a good point. Do weekly averages of PLEX prices support it? I have noticed monthly prices oPLEX sorta follow used car prices too in opposite. Interesting hypothisis 8/10
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#65 - 2012-04-23 04:16:16 UTC
I would just like to point out that, over three weeks after this thread was posted, plexes have not once been appreciably* lower than they were when this thread started and then only "plummeting" they've seen was when people who did not get graphics cards were selling them off.

*The average was 500.5 million on 3/31 and has never to date dropped before 491.7; this is within daily variation.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-04-23 05:12:05 UTC
corestwo wrote:
I would just like to point out that, over three weeks after this thread was posted, plexes have not once been appreciably* lower than they were when this thread started and then only "plummeting" they've seen was when people who did not get graphics cards were selling them off.

*The average was 500.5 million on 3/31 and has never to date dropped before 491.7; this is within daily variation.

Had I said PLEX prices would plummet within 3 weeks you would have a valid point. I did not.

I would actually be surprised if the behavior of the majority of people engaged in RMT changed in that period of time.

Once people realize that RMT isn't a good idea they will start dumping PLEX on the market to get their ISK and prices will plummet.
enterprisePSI
#67 - 2012-04-23 05:34:47 UTC  |  Edited by: enterprisePSI
DarthNefarius wrote:
enterprisePSI wrote:

I think you have a good point. Do weekly averages of PLEX prices support it? I have noticed monthly prices oPLEX sorta follow used car prices too in opposite. Interesting hypothisis 8/10

I don't keep charts or spreadsheets. Don't like them. I hate numbers Big smile
But i've been trading plexes (spell?) since the beginning , and it kinda grows on me.
Not that i can predict future trends , i still sometimes loose ISK..

There is a group of players, that are so busy in RL , that they wait for the weekend, converting $$ to plex, for quick cash to have fun
That group lowers the prices . Which they get back to where they where when the new week begins.

I know that for most of you that's common sense, but dammit i'm a doctor not an economist (literally) Lol

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psiĀ©

Prophet Avater
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#68 - 2012-04-23 13:07:43 UTC
Prices are dropping due to rmters getting banned thus stopping them from manipulating prices, I expect prices to drop even more when the plexes that the rmters own are put on market, prices won't stabilize for quite some time due to the popularity of plexs, I expect them to even be more popular in the coming 3rd and 4th quarters of the year due to new taxes and fees being put in place, speculations and demand will most likely increase the prices in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
corestwo
#69 - 2012-04-23 15:07:27 UTC
Hamaa Kazula wrote:
corestwo wrote:

Had I said PLEX prices would plummet within 3 weeks you would have a valid point. I did not.

I would actually be surprised if the behavior of the majority of people engaged in RMT changed in that period of time.

Once people realize that RMT isn't a good idea they will start dumping PLEX on the market to get their ISK and prices will plummet.

Predictions like yours without a timeline are boring and utterly meaningless.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-04-23 23:47:36 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Predictions like yours without a timeline are boring

And yet, here you are. Again.
corestwo
#71 - 2012-04-24 00:05:01 UTC
Yep. And I'll be back again and again until (and if) plex prices do drop, at which point I'll be sure to be here to lay out why their drop actually has nothing to do with what you predicted.

Lol

fofofo

Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#72 - 2012-04-24 00:25:34 UTC
Well I'm sure that when you "lay out" your reasons for why PLEX prices dropped they will be as nonsensical as following a thread that bores you.
Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#73 - 2012-04-24 00:36:10 UTC
i predict plex will go up

at some time in the indefinite future
Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2012-04-24 00:36:41 UTC
behold, i am nostradeveus, seer of the eve universe everything i predict has come true or will come true
corestwo
#75 - 2012-04-24 00:53:59 UTC
when did I ever say the thread bores me?

fofofo

Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#76 - 2012-04-24 06:31:46 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Johnny Frecko
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#77 - 2012-04-24 12:27:04 UTC
err your prediction means nothing.
and you let the goons troll you for the good entertainment of the rest of us.

If you make a prediction without a time line, you're not making a prediction.
If prices go up, you'll just say "wait for it", if prices go down you'll say "i told you so".

in other words, in your own world you'll always be right.

if you want to validate your point, state right now when is this "about" time frame going to happen.

tl;dr(in case you're that lazy), in order to make a prediction you need two things, a time line and a magnitude. having neither makes this topic.. pointless?
corestwo
#78 - 2012-04-24 13:16:30 UTC
Hamaa Kazula wrote:
corestwo wrote:

oh, right, that.

your prediction is boring. the thread, however, is not.

fofofo

Hamaa Kazula
Perkone
Caldari State
#79 - 2012-04-24 13:28:58 UTC
Johnny Frecko wrote:
err your prediction means nothing
and you let the goons troll you for the good entertainment of the rest of us

If you make a prediction without a time line, you're not making a prediction
If prices go up, you'll just say "wait for it", if prices go down you'll say "i told you so"

in other words, in your own world you'll always be right.

One of those goons made that exact same point just a few posts ago but in a much less tedious way

Johnny Frecko wrote:
if you want to validate your point, state right now when is this "about" time frame going to happen.

Ok. It'll happen between now and the time you post something original.
corestwo
#80 - 2012-04-24 13:40:25 UTC
Hamaa Kazula wrote:
Ok. It'll happen between now and the time you post something original.

i made no argument regarding magnitude, only timeline, making his call for magnitude something original, so plexes must have just fallen!

wait, no.

fofofo