These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Best ship for "Buzz Kill L4"

First post
Author
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1 - 2011-09-29 15:24:33 UTC
Same as topic.
Cyn? hits small targets but what about tank?
Tengu? maybe double painters?
Or a t2 cruiser? I can use Sacrilege or Eagle. Could be in a vaga soon if i had to.

By best I obviously mean "can clear the fastest".

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#2 - 2011-09-29 15:49:34 UTC
I'd go in a HAC for faster targeting. I usually just skipped it when I did run missions myself though, but if I was going to run it now it'd be in my Ishtar most definately.

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

Orlacc
#3 - 2011-09-29 16:52:49 UTC
If not going HAC, probably a drone boat with loads of light drones.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

stoicfaux
#4 - 2011-09-29 17:34:20 UTC
factual statement: For comparison, Vargur can blitz it in 10 minutes plus travel time. Pros: being able to lock 10 targets, t1 frigates die in one salvo, most of the ships needed to blitz are BCs, BS and elite cruisers, so smaller, cruiser sized guns probably won't necessarily provide a meaningful advantage against AC800s with RF ammo.

I have Tengu times of 15 mins but I don't remember if those were blitz times or not.

curiosity : I would like to hear other people's times in other ships.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

JVLP
Dark Nexxus
#5 - 2011-09-29 17:41:33 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
factual statement: For comparison, Vargur can blitz it in 10 minutes plus travel time.

There is no better ship for L4 Buzz Kill than the Vargur. Its tracking bonus, 10 lockable targets, and sub 3 second ROF makes buzz kill a very fast mission.

I used to think kiting in arty mael was easy mode, but the Vargur is so much faster - and no moving needed.
Jennifer Starling
Imperial Navy Forum Patrol
#6 - 2011-09-29 20:07:43 UTC
JVLP wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
factual statement: For comparison, Vargur can blitz it in 10 minutes plus travel time.

There is no better ship for L4 Buzz Kill than the Vargur. Its tracking bonus, 10 lockable targets, and sub 3 second ROF makes buzz kill a very fast mission.

I used to think kiting in arty mael was easy mode, but the Vargur is so much faster - and no moving needed.

Too bad the Tempest hull is soooo ugly!!! Ugh
Songbird
#7 - 2011-09-29 23:53:46 UTC
I'd say machariel is better because of the 4 sentries and the higher damage mod...
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#8 - 2011-09-30 01:26:46 UTC
Songbird wrote:
I'd say machariel is better because of the 4 sentries and the higher damage mod...

In my experience this is one of the very few times the Varg's tracking bonus makes it a better choice than the Mach.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2011-09-30 03:00:12 UTC
Varg with a Smart bomb too maybe?

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Uzbeg Khan
Henehen Conflict Logistics
#10 - 2011-09-30 06:40:55 UTC
Headerman wrote:
Varg with a Smart bomb too maybe?

You don't need it, everything dies before it reaches SB range. Used to hate this mission, now it's great isk for the few minutes it takes.

Things I hate: - Signatures - Irony - Lists

pussnheels
Viziam
#11 - 2011-09-30 09:07:58 UTC
like a previous poster stated everything dies pretty quick ,before they actually come in range i even did this one in a(pulselaser) legion just to try something else and only problem i faced that it took a lot longer killing those elite cruisers but overall, if you are out to kill everything just keep a eye on those triggers to prevent getting overwhelmed

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#12 - 2011-09-30 12:00:21 UTC
I use a nightmare and its mainly for the sniping effect.

Any sniper ship will work as you blast everything to death at 80-100k away

you just line them up and kill them
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Uzbeg Khan
Henehen Conflict Logistics
#13 - 2011-09-30 12:35:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Uzbeg Khan
Jennifer Starling wrote:
JVLP wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Too bad the Tempest hull is soooo ugly!!! Ugh

Pff, the Varg is darker, and has glowy red detailing - it's awesome!

Someone suggested drone boats; this is a horrible mission for drones with all the respawning. Tried it in a domi while semi afk, and it cost me a fortune in new T2 drones.
In the Vargur I never pay attention to respawn/triggers. Just take out frigs first before they get under your guns, they're mostly one salvo kills either ways.

I can imagine any sniper fit BS can do this just as easy though...

Things I hate: - Signatures - Irony - Lists

Firebolt145
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#14 - 2011-09-30 22:53:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Firebolt145
Probably going to agree with the poster that said this is one of the few missions that a Vargur does better than a Mach. Not 100% sure though as once the mach burns to about 30km the tracking is no longer an issue.
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-10-01 09:11:00 UTC
Just get about 40-50km between yourself and the tower and you're able to take out almost everything before it's able to get in range. Just take out wave after wave. Only ships I have issues hitting them with my Machariel are the "Angel Frigate", although only while rather close too (which might happen in second wave).

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Bibosikus
Air
#16 - 2011-10-02 16:38:20 UTC
Fit an Ishtar with triple ODL's and a couple of DLA's and an MWD. Burn out to 50km from the warp-in, drop Bouncers and commence sniping while orbiting a sentry. Pish.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Cipher Jones
#17 - 2011-10-02 16:50:13 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
Fit an Ishtar with triple ODL's and a couple of DLA's and an MWD. Burn out to 50km from the warp-in, drop Bouncers and commence sniping while orbiting a sentry. Pish.

Wonder if i could pull that off in a navy vexor?

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Kagan Storm
Doomheim
#18 - 2011-10-02 17:24:29 UTC
Faction pith x fited CNR. You dont need to move..... Bear

My ego is the the size of my carriers jump range.

JackStraw56
Run Like an Antelope
#19 - 2011-10-04 01:13:56 UTC
Kagan Storm wrote:

Yeah.....cruise missiles for a frig heavy mission.....that's definitely a good idea.

I find the Mach quite efficient at this one. I just mwd out to 30km or so and there are no real tracking issues. I can imagine the Varg is also quite good at this one.
Cipher Jones
#20 - 2011-10-04 01:35:48 UTC
JackStraw56 wrote:
Kagan Storm wrote:

Yeah.....cruise missiles for a frig heavy mission.....that's definitely a good idea.

I find the Mach quite efficient at this one. I just mwd out to 30km or so and there are no real tracking issues. I can imagine the Varg is also quite good at this one.

Never thought about the MWD thing really, gonna give that a try first.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

12Next page