These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Last chance to buy cheap minerals

Author
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#21 - 2012-04-23 19:51:32 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Dude....

The last chance to buy cheap minerals was months ago. Rename your thread to 'Look at how dumb I am'. It'll be much more relevant.

Mr Epeen Cool

You're an idiot.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Whitehound
#22 - 2012-04-23 19:53:14 UTC
Ocih wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
there are a lot of people in this thread who don't understand how massive a 40% supply cut is

Meta 0 goes too. 40% is modest.

Many L4 mission runners do not care about loot and even skip rogue drone missions. The biggest loads of minerals I keep buying seem to be coming from miners. I do not think it is not going to be as huge as many seem to believe. Not that I am not curious about the change...

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#23 - 2012-04-23 19:54:38 UTC
Exterminate all speculators.
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#24 - 2012-04-23 19:55:32 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Ocih wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
there are a lot of people in this thread who don't understand how massive a 40% supply cut is

Meta 0 goes too. 40% is modest.

Many L4 mission runners do not care about loot and even skip rogue drone missions. The biggest loads of minerals I keep buying seem to be coming from miners. I do not think it is not going to be as huge as many seem to believe. Not that I am not curious about the change...

Rogue drone missions? We're talking of drone 0.0 space. Rogue drone missions are irrelevant.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Whitehound
#25 - 2012-04-23 19:57:05 UTC
Riley Moore wrote:
Rogue drone missions? We're talking of drone 0.0 space. Rogue drone missions are irrelevant.

I understand, but how much of it lands at Jita? It seems awfully far away.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-04-23 19:57:27 UTC
I see a crash coming up. It will start slow and end with a bang.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-04-23 19:57:55 UTC
Dron poo actually acounted for 40% of all refined minerals. I'll let that sink in a bit. 40% of all refined minerals, and that is with them cherrypicking the alloys that were rich in nox, zyrd, mega, and morphite.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#28 - 2012-04-23 19:58:25 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
So all those industrial-based alliances and corps who've been renting space in the drone regions are all going to just stop supplying minerals, and concentrate on shooting the new bounty drones... so they can what?

Start importing all their minerals from Jita?

Is CCP removing asteroid belts and gravimetric sites from the drone regions as well?

Given the makeup of the population in the Drone Regions, it's a bit of a stretch to try and argue that the mineral supply from there is going to drop to 0%.
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-04-23 20:01:03 UTC
There are so many people stocking up before this Im betting the prices wont be dented for months

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#30 - 2012-04-23 20:06:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Pohbis wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
So all those industrial-based alliances and corps who've been renting space in the drone regions are all going to just stop supplying minerals, and concentrate on shooting the new bounty drones... so they can what?

Start importing all their minerals from Jita?

Is CCP removing asteroid belts and gravimetric sites from the drone regions as well?

Given the makeup of the population in the Drone Regions, it's a bit of a stretch to try and argue that the mineral supply from there is going to drop to 0%.

You really should fly out there at some stage... there is literally no one left in drone region space. everyone moved out long ago.

Made the mistake of spending several hours looking to pew out there last 3 weeks, every local was pretty much empty, i think at one stage i saw 6 people in one system thats about it. And we checked dozens of systems.
Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#31 - 2012-04-23 20:11:52 UTC
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
You really should fly out there at some stage... there is literally no one left in drone region space. everyone moved out long ago.

Made the mistake of spending several hours looking to pew out there last 3 weeks, every local was pretty much empty, i think at one stage i saw 6 people in one system thats about it. And we checked dozens of systems.
Well if nobody is there, what supply is getting cut? Lol
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-04-23 20:14:51 UTC
Invest to corpses. If their value crashes, you can always start a biofuel factory.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#33 - 2012-04-23 20:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Pohbis wrote:
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:

Well if nobody is there, what supply is getting cut? Lol

As i said things dont just vanish instantly, they only moved out in the last month or so since the drone poop nerf was announched.
the stock pile supply that is currenty slowly getting bled dry, hence the increase in price because the reserves are diminishing.......
XIRUSPHERE
In Bacon We Trust
#34 - 2012-04-23 20:19:13 UTC
You guys are hilarious, with all the greed and speculation you have ensured you are your own worst enemies. The real fun will be when the crash comes and people start panicking dumping their reserves. Some will profit but quite a few will be left in the red.

The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the same good things for the first time several times.

One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#35 - 2012-04-23 20:25:00 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Riley Moore wrote:
Nah. 15 jumps or so. Blink
Skorpynekomimi
#36 - 2012-04-23 20:25:45 UTC
Unsure whether to offload now, or continue to hoard.
Erring on hoarding. If all else fails and the market goes back down, at least I still have all those minerals. Trit will still be trit after the patch.

However, I know that mineral prices WILL be up for a good while after, so I'm investing in infrastructure. Can always sell that on later.
And the mineral prices are tempting me to break out the hulk more often.

Economic PVP

Pohbis
Neo T.E.C.H.
#37 - 2012-04-23 20:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Pohbis
Nirnias Stirrum wrote:
the stock pile supply that is currenty slowly getting bled dry, hence the increase in price because the reserves are diminishing.......
Nobody knows how large a stockpile there is tho.

So current speculation is fueled by the notion that after tomorrow, a region which did at some point provide 40% of minerals, will have its mechanics changed drastically.

If it was just about a stockpile diminishing, because everyone had left ( which they haven't ), the price spike wouldn't have matched so perfectly with the announcement of the Drone Region changes.

Which of course isn't to say that the recent bot bannings haven't left their mark on the current Drone Region population.

But the biggest part of the mineral speculation right now, is driven by the "40%" number, and the effects people think the mechanic changes will have on the market.

Also, don't forget that the Drone Region population has always been distributed a bit differently than in other 0.0 regions.

In 0.0 regions with bounties, a single system can't really sustain more than 1 ratter. Where as mining activities are done in bigger groups ( Fleet bonus, hauler, miners ) and a single system can sustain quite a few miners at the same time.
Whitehound
#38 - 2012-04-23 20:45:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Riley Moore wrote:

It is not what I meant, Tippia. You are not going to take a freighter, load it up in 0.0 and set it on auto-pilot to Jita.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#39 - 2012-04-23 20:50:48 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
It is not what I meant, Tippia. You are not going to take a freighter, load it up in 0.0 and set it on auto-pilot to Jita.
Of course not. Then it would be almost 3× as many jumps (and almost kind of dangerous to boot).

But it will end up where the demand is: Jita. Sure, some will probably remain in the local area (only now, that will be all over nullsec rather than just in a single region), but demand, availability, and ISK is still mainly centralised around the normal trading hubs.
Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-04-23 20:51:06 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Riley Moore wrote:

That is why there are jumpfreighters. Roll

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka