These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

When did EVE Become Hippies Online?

First post
Author
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#61 - 2012-04-21 16:11:03 UTC
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:

EVE industry does support PvP but it also supports PvE.

I'll just add this below from an earlier post of mine.

'Player versus player was coined sometime in the late 1980s to refer to the combat between players that resulted in the loser being penalized in some way.' wikipedia

You still fail to grasp.

Industry is PVP based.

PVP over materials , production slot, manufacturing cost etc.

I grasp what you're saying I just disagree with your use of PvP.
JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#62 - 2012-04-21 16:31:34 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:

You are dense then.

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#63 - 2012-04-21 16:35:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:

You are dense then.

By your definition it would make any MMO where there is player interaction PvP, so I take it you don't think PvE MMOs exist. Even WoW's PvE servers would actually be PvP servers.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#64 - 2012-04-21 16:42:08 UTC
I'm starting to gain respect for MNG. He's playing the public like a fiddle with these threads.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-04-21 17:11:16 UTC
Master and the guy that complains about goons non stop ("CCP stop the jita thing!") should have a threadnaught together. An epic thread of nothing but self delusion over current high sec mechanics.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#66 - 2012-04-21 17:28:14 UTC
Why is the OP trying to bring us down, man. What a bummer.

And now, my favorite TV hippy.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Justice Comes
Doomheim
#67 - 2012-04-21 17:46:46 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:
Could you imagine if we had hippies in EVE, ship skins painted with flower power and stringed beads hanging off of the fuselage.

That sounds hilarious. They should let you get a ship like that from one of the special events :D

That might even make miners drop from the #1 most hated/hunted ships by the griefers.

Most annoying thing of the week: You failed to dock/jump because you are cloaked (in your Deep Space Transport).

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#68 - 2012-04-21 17:50:49 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Why is the OP trying to bring us down, man. What a bummer.

Yeah, man, so uncool and heavy. Totally harshing my mellow.

And +1 for the young ones.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-04-21 17:58:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
Sasha Azala wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:

EVE industry does support PvP but it also supports PvE.

I'll just add this below from an earlier post of mine.

'Player versus player was coined sometime in the late 1980s to refer to the combat between players that resulted in the loser being penalized in some way.' wikipedia

You still fail to grasp.

Industry is PVP based.

PVP over materials , production slot, manufacturing cost etc.

then you disagree with the devs' use of the word pvp. they think its ALL PVP. Theyve said it here in the forums before

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Serene Repose
#70 - 2012-04-21 21:50:51 UTC
flakeys wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
There have been an abnormal number of whine threads lately by empire gankers who claim eve is about pvp yet are too afraid to go to null or low-sec as they are risk averse , and it's really starting to concern me. .

I agree with you.

How quaint. "Flake"ys agrees with you. I knew you had a fan base!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#71 - 2012-04-21 22:34:53 UTC
I only read the subject, not the comments, and I'm sure there is a CCP Prism X joke in there somewhere P

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#72 - 2012-04-21 22:38:17 UTC
This thread makes my filthy carebear heart happeh

The pie is a tautology

Whitehound
#73 - 2012-04-21 22:43:21 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
I only read the subject, not the comments, and I'm sure there is a CCP Prism X joke in there somewhere P

I was about to say that I only got as far as page one before I started looking for why a dev is posting into this thread. I am kind of pleased with what I have found.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Bully Hedro
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2012-04-21 22:45:45 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:
JitaPriceChecker2 wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:

You are dense then.

By your definition it would make any MMO where there is player interaction PvP, so I take it you don't think PvE MMOs exist. Even WoW's PvE servers would actually be PvP servers.

Sasha Azala = 1
JitaPriceChecker2 = 0

Owned.
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#75 - 2012-04-21 22:54:17 UTC
I thought the game was about making money for ccp

Second, who cares if more carebears come in, eventually a few of them will swap to pvp.

Third, a carebear has never had any effect on how I play the game.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#76 - 2012-04-22 00:27:38 UTC
Why is this guy not banned yet?

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#77 - 2012-04-22 01:31:44 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Am I dreaming, or did Masternerdguy finally have a point? I suppose the law of large numbers had to go in his favour eventually. :P

You must be dreaming. Could you imagine if we had hippies in EVE, ship skins painted with flower power and stringed beads hanging off of the fuselage.

There are hippies in EVE, they are called Friends of Nature and live in the Gallente COSMOS constellation and give away BPCs of items named "Love" and "Aura" and stuff. Big smile
Belshazzar Babylon
Doomheim
#78 - 2012-04-22 13:27:21 UTC
Masternerdguy, Please buy the EVE Board Game. The rules will never change. Shocked
Proteus Maximus
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#79 - 2012-04-22 14:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Proteus Maximus
I fail to see a hippie connection here. Classic example would be my mother. As a child I can't recall her feeling entitled to anything except maybe a discount on rolling papers & bags of reefer for being a frequent flyer. Know what's changed in 40 years? Nothing. . . The people your referencing are the descendants of the rich @ssholes who's children where in college during that era. They wanted to change the world under the banner of peace and free love.
Now we are stuck with their legacy. Television. . Ruined because of a 7 second flash of boob. Freedom to express your opinion . . . Gone. Now statement or opinion (regardless of how factually accurate) not completely vanilla and "politically correct" your career & very freedom can be taken from you.

Rant aside. . . I believe the problem in Eve that you perceive is fueled by children with the free time to whine & complain backed by mommy's credit card. Enabled by parents who don't give a fk what the kids are doing. . As long as its not bothering them.

If Goons were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#80 - 2012-04-22 14:18:13 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:

Third, a carebear has never had any effect on how I play the game.

I see. Let me get this straight. They never supply you with ships or other in-game parts.

You are correct then, I guess. Who needs ANY of those things to play ? Roll

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882