These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

[proposal] Get rid of empire

Author
Eryn Velasquez
#41 - 2012-04-19 22:30:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Eryn Velasquez
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

My proposal is more serious than you think. It solves a lot of issues. Everybody can kill everybody without to have anyone declare war or to pay for it? If someone doesnt want to participate in killing he stays in a NPC Corp.

Again my proposal solves a lot of issues and CCP can invest its efforts otherway.

There are gigantic constellations full of what you want - nullsec & lowsec.

Grow some balls and gtfo of highsec.

_“A man's freedom consists in his being able to do whatever he wills, but that he should not, by any human power, be forced to do what is against his will.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau _

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#42 - 2012-04-20 13:21:23 UTC
Wow, the OP really shows a masive lack of understanding of how the game works.

He also has given very little thought (possibly none), into how a change like this would affect the game. In all probability, kill Eve.

He also needs to post with his main, but he wont, because he knows his idea is nothing but a troll.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Ayla Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2012-04-21 01:09:10 UTC
If you want to taste what this would be like from the indy pilot's perspective, jump out into sov null, with no backup, no scout, no cloak and make your jump path back to safety no less than 50 jumps.... see how long you make it before falling to a gatecamp out there. The 0.0 alliances will gladly deprive you of your ship and pod very quickly.
Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-04-23 02:01:42 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:
Eve is a PVP game period.
Whoever does not pvp doesn't know how to play eve, right? Instead of wasting time, money and tears about how to "fix" wardec, incursions etc and to be sure empire carebears do not earn more isk than peeveepeers i propose to turn safe Empire to 0.0 or better to low sec.

Edit: Empire as we know it now should be only for NPC Corps. The moment you leave the NPC Corp you leave empire.

p.s. Be nice Bear

I wish. It's never going to happen though.
betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-04-25 08:58:25 UTC
Ayla Hanaya wrote:
If you want to taste what this would be like from the indy pilot's perspective, jump out into sov null, with no backup, no scout, no cloak and make your jump path back to safety no less than 50 jumps.... see how long you make it before falling to a gatecamp out there. The 0.0 alliances will gladly deprive you of your ship and pod very quickly.

That highlights a problem with industrial platform survivability, not with the idea of reduced security in empire.

CCP seem to want more people in null, but they make zero effort to make sure that all playstyles are possible in null. Hence the epic meri-go-round of - nerf highsec - help, my mining barge is made of paper - bubbles are unfair etc etc.

IMO the first thing CCP should be doing balance wise, is to look at every profession and ask "is this actually possible for a casual new player to do in 0.0 with a T1 ship" and where the answer is no buff the platforms.

Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2012-04-25 09:10:30 UTC
Whats Empire? :P jk

With suicide ganks and war decs I think low, nul, and WH space is safer than HS tbh.
Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#47 - 2012-05-06 23:39:44 UTC
No support.

Basically, because i believe your initial premise is incorrect.
You state, "Eve is a PvP game."
You are wrong, "Eve is a Sandbox game."

Your proposal is taking away the sandbox from players to force them to play the way you want.
This would be as bad as making HiSec perfectly safe.

Nothing clever at this time.

Gevlin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-05-07 02:24:16 UTC
Bad idea - you will crush noobs before they get out to the harsh world of PVP

one must crawl be fore they can run.

Most of the accounts for eve are in empire.

One must make null sec, and low sec more customizable.

I play eve not to PVP but to care bear in a PVP invironment... I am now trying lowsec for a change a while in null sec

I enjoy with the proper prep work I can go and mine in relative safety. I change my locations randomly often not in my territory.

On occation I get duped because a PVPer out foxed me, I Do get upset a little but always don't fly what you can't afford to loose.

I have lost a Rorqual, even though it was fit with warp stabs, neuts cloak and micro warp drive. Jumped into a System that had a frigate from a neut came in - I Logged off waited 3 hours. Logged in . 1 frigate there in system.. warping to my warp out location.. Local spiked 2 other figates, 1 opened up a cyno and Summoned a Dreadnaugh which did me in quickly.
Neuted 2 Frigats, 3rd had warp disrupters and the nuets also had done their work but went down before the nuets finished their work.

That was a great fight.

On my mining ops I try to have a Intaloc arty BS or BC to inta pop those frigate attempting to take out a hulk or covetor or cyno in a hot drop.

Someday I will have the time to play. For now it is mining afk in High sec. In Cheap ships

Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-05-07 05:28:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Joran Dravius
I agree. Everywhere but starting systems should be 0.0. Newbies get 30 days of not being attackable to learn the game, skill up and find a corp. I was living in a 0.2 within days of starting the game with no such protection. It's not hard.

Nick Bison wrote:

You are wrong, "Eve is a Sandbox game everywhere but high sec"

Fixed.
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-05-07 09:41:41 UTC
Joran Dravius wrote:
I agree. Everywhere but starting systems should be 0.0. Newbies get 30 days of not being attackable to learn the game, skill up and find a corp. I was living in a 0.2 within days of starting the game with no such protection. It's not hard.

Nick Bison wrote:

Fixed.

realy I see the trial account bussiness become boooming when you can't be attacked.

What you want is tried in many MMO's and tragicly failed over and over again.

A 30 day pilot is no match what so ever for a experienced pilot.
EvE's player base is a little older than most MMO's, (people with jobs and families) which can only play a few hours of those 30 days.
Most of al EvE "is" a Sandbox even in highsec, having rules doesn't make it less sandbox.
Most of all stop telling people they should play "YOUR GAME" in the sandbox.
Uronksur Suth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-05-08 02:03:32 UTC
Taking troll thread seriously because... I dunno, I'm bored I guess.

Kemal Ataturk wrote:

Whoever does not pvp doesn't know how to play eve, right? Instead of wasting time, money and tears about how to "fix" wardec, incursions etc and to be sure empire carebears do not earn more isk than peeveepeers i propose to turn safe Empire to 0.0 or better to low sec.

Edit: Empire as we know it now should be only for NPC Corps. The moment you leave the NPC Corp you leave empire.

p.s. Be nice Bear

This is stupid, no it isn't. Eve is not a PvP game, it is a do-whatever-you-want game and CCP has been marketing that and intending that all along. You'd have to literally be blind and unable to see the big shiny banners blaring that to the world at http://www.eveonline.com/ which is why other posters are calling you a troll.
Uronksur Suth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2012-05-08 02:08:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Uronksur Suth
Joran Dravius wrote:

That sounds like a terrible idea. Why would we ever want to implement something that stupid?

Joran Dravius wrote:

Nick Bison wrote:

Fixed.

No, not fixed, you are just throwing a tantrum that not everyone is playing the way that makes things the most fun for you personally. Eve is still a sandbox game in high sec, you are just angry that in this futuristic world, police still exist and enforce laws and will blow your ship up if you attack someone right in front of them.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#53 - 2012-05-08 09:27:03 UTC
This proposal would solve allot more problems if the title read: "Hello, I fail at thinking ideas through and I'd like to biomass myself"

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Paintchk
Facepunch Industries
#54 - 2012-05-08 13:07:13 UTC
This is completely stupid. You would destroying everything that people like. PVE would be gone. FW would be gone with its rise in popularity. Mining would be worthless and those do continue too do it would be forced to pay for protection,constantly hide or keep moving around. Not only that you would be destroying the whole EVE Fiction base or story base. EVE is not all about PVP, your just closed minded about the game, you want too PVP go too low or null sec. Getting rid of the Empires would be stupid and knocking down so many things.
Yes this sounds like a carebear but I don't mind helping them every now and then.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-05-08 14:20:01 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

I stopped reading right there since you are clearly wrong. My sig attests to that. Period.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

FireT
Venom Pointe Industries
#56 - 2012-05-08 20:39:00 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
Kemal Ataturk wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

p.s. Be nice Bear

Sure...right after your permabanned.Cool

lol sure anned for what?

I answer with stupid/riduclous requests with an equally stupid riduclous request.

If you want something that outragious...then i expect an equal payment in likewise for my/our support.

Forcing people to play the game your way will never work here....if your going to do that...I demand to have you forcefully removed from the game as a fair price tag.

Permantely.

Don't like it? Then don't make stupid requests.

Best comment (for me) for this year so far.
Previous page123