These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POS Modules Revisited

Author
Octoven
Stellar Production
#1 - 2012-04-20 16:37:20 UTC
This is a very small change that should not have any adverse affect to the game, but I think it would be nice to have.

My corp has a pos setup, we have several ship storage arrays and corp hanger arrays. As such, since they are relatively cheap we saw fit to let each person have their own. The problem, when you have multiple ones even if they aren't dived out, they still pose the issue of which one a person is talking about. Lets say someone tells me to drop off fuel in the hanger and we have like 4. Yes, I could go by all 4 and check which one to put it in, or I could know instantly what they are talking about, and now to what I am talking about.

I would like to suggest that all pos modules be given the ability to name. Hanger 'A', Hanger 'B' if you will rather than having 6 hangers that are named the same. This should eliminate confusion. The ability is already incorporated into the tower, labs, and manufacturing arrays, would it be too much of a difficulty to expand this to the others? At current you can click set name, type your name in, and hit submit; however, it will not let you change the name. Is this a change that everyone can support? As I said, it will not adversely affect the game or give one person more firepower, it will simply make everyone's life a bit easier :)
Byrrssa Crendraven
Anti - Social
#2 - 2012-04-20 16:39:38 UTC
I support this idea.

Well, for as long as we have the pos' like they are now. I can't wait for the new designs to come out. Of course, if they let us do both...the old style and the new... That would be totally awesome!
Callic Veratar
#3 - 2012-04-20 16:40:28 UTC
Most of the modules can be named, seems like it's an issue with hangar arrays.
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#4 - 2012-04-20 16:45:46 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
Most of the modules can be named, seems like it's an issue with hangar arrays.

This. I've had chars in corps with research towers, and we always named our labs so that we could keep track of where jobs were and such.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Octoven
Stellar Production
#5 - 2012-04-24 18:25:21 UTC
The only items that can be named is labs, tower, assembly arrays. Everything else has the option to but it will not let you actually do it.
Toshiroma McDiesel
Lupus Draconis
The Lost Drone Society
#6 - 2012-05-08 16:43:00 UTC
+1 for a corpmate. Either this and/or some type of personal anchoring storage for POS.

I"m not really the Evil One, I'm just his answering service.