These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Plex thief - Help needed

Author
Cyrius Houssa
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-04-20 11:04:54 UTC
Was on route to a sale in the Inaro system... heading for Jita when I was destroyed by an "Eli Porter" who cleared me out....

I've been playing the game for two freakin days for goodness sake and made the purchase of a plex to help me get started out... Can someone please nail him for me and possibly retrieve my plex for a cut of the sale?
Alec Enderas
Space Wolves ind.
Solyaris Chtonium
#2 - 2012-04-20 11:14:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Alec Enderas
I'm gonna assume you are serious, why did you want to move the plex in the first place ?
You can redeem a plex anywhere, sell it through a contract if local price sucks (and you redeemed it in a wrong place).
Also a plex will help you only if you start trading, you won't have the skills for something shiny under a month.

Dont play alone, join a noob friendly corporation.

http://www.isktheguide.com/

I am not old, just bitter.

Aesheera
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-04-20 11:18:17 UTC
Why do people keep flying around with PLEX in their cargo?

Honestly?

If youre hellbent on shipping it, make a courier contract with spiffy collateral.

- I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#4 - 2012-04-20 11:24:00 UTC
If he's really been playing for only two days, he can be excused from not knowing any better, but not excused from the loss.

It's a lesson he got early on, but one that will serve him well for the rest of his time in the game: don't haul expensive items in cheap, untanked ships.

OP, that PLEX is gone, and you'll never see it again.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#5 - 2012-04-20 11:34:26 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
If he's really been playing for only two days, he can be excused from not knowing any better, but not excused from the loss.

It's a lesson he got early on, but one that will serve him well for the rest of his time in the game: don't haul expensive items in cheap, untanked ships.

True, but seriously, why do people think they need to buy their way into ISK when they are only two days into a the game.
After running the tutorials, is there anything that a new player would need (or have the skills to use) that they couldnt already afford?

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#6 - 2012-04-20 11:51:47 UTC
Quote:

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Boomhaur
#7 - 2012-04-20 12:10:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Boomhaur
Welcome to Eve, everyone here is a an evil sick sadistic bastard who is out to get you. And if they tell you otherwise their scamming you.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Tenchuu Khaan
Vagabond Association
#8 - 2012-04-20 12:53:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tenchuu Khaan
Boomhaur wrote:
Welcome to Eve, everyone here is a an evil sick sadistic bastard who is out to get you. And if they tell you otherwise their scamming you.

+1

Btw. if you ever want to do trading, keep in mind that traders in EVE are worse than Ferengi.
dave3NG
Finite Future
#9 - 2012-04-20 13:31:02 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
[ is there anything that a new player would need (or have the skills to use) that they couldnt already afford?

when I played this char, I had already tried eve a few times, but this time a friend IRL gave me ISK and help, and it was alot more appealing. I think it's ok to buy a plex to kick start an eve life, but not alone, as stated join a new player friendly corp, and make the isk last, without having to resort to a sardonic pve experience of the tutorial and beyond.

@OP
1. buy plex
2. login before redeeming, and dock in station where plex is sold on market for a good price
3. log out redeem
4. log in and sell

but try to find a nice Corp first :)
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#10 - 2012-04-20 14:22:06 UTC
dave3NG wrote:

when I played this char, I had already tried eve a few times, but this time a friend IRL gave me ISK and help, and it was alot more appealing.

Were you PvPing?
Because that is the only reason I can think of where one would actually need more ISK than one can confortably earn.....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Lord Dravius
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-04-20 14:56:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Dravius
Cyrius Houssa wrote:
Was on route to a sale in the Inaro system... heading for Jita when I was destroyed by an "Eli Porter" who cleared me out....

I've been playing the game for two freakin days for goodness sake and made the purchase of a plex to help me get started out... Can someone please nail him for me and possibly retrieve my plex for a cut of the sale?

What were you thinking undocking with a plex to begin with? First rule of Eve: never fly with anything you can't afford to lose. Second rule of Eve: there are no safe zones. Third rule of Eve: be careful who you trust. You violated the first two rules. You flew with something you didn't want to lose and you did it assuming you were safe.
Aesheera
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-04-20 15:10:34 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

True, but seriously, why do people think they need to buy their way into ISK when they are only two days into a the game.
After running the tutorials, is there anything that a new player would need (or have the skills to use) that they couldnt already afford?

Quoted for accuracy.

2 days old and buying ISK to get you started. I really dont see the point.

- I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love.

Cyrius Houssa
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-04-20 15:31:05 UTC
Fair enough I made some critical mistakes, but seriously I have been playing for 2 days and still very unaware of 99% of Eve On line but I am learning and learning quickly, who ever said it was right I wont ever make that mistake again!
Tenchuu Khaan
Vagabond Association
#14 - 2012-04-20 15:38:29 UTC
Cyrius Houssa wrote:
Fair enough I made some critical mistakes, but seriously I have been playing for 2 days and still very unaware of 99% of Eve On line but I am learning and learning quickly, who ever said it was right I wont ever make that mistake again!

Nah, you can do that again, just tell us when and where so we can protect you Twisted
JVLP
Dark Nexxus
#15 - 2012-04-20 15:45:53 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Those learning skillbooks are 4.5m each.
Longinius Spear
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
#16 - 2012-04-20 17:15:45 UTC
Cyrius Houssa wrote:

I call BS.
1. You sir have no kill mail. AKA.. never happened. Checking your losses and Eli Porter's kills, nothing there. Infact Eli Porter hasn't killed anyone since 2010, and you yourself have never been killed.
2. You can't fly anything on your 2nd day that would be worth a plex. The tutorials give you about 20 million in isks and ships... more than enough for 2 day old person.
3. Your asking the C&P channel to hunt down a person who killed you and took your plex. Then you want them to give it back to you... for a "cut of the sale". WHO does this!?
The only logical conclusion is your a active player looking for sympathy donations.. which is a good idea and I wish i thought of it. Game recognize game.. keep up the good fight. But lets spin it a little better... If you go to one of the trade channels and spam that you just got conned out of your plex. You may get more rich bears to toss some plex your way. Here in C&P you only really have fans of crime.
/hats off to you sir and good luck on short con.

Read more of my ramblings on my blog www.invadingyourhole.blogspot.com

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#17 - 2012-04-20 17:32:17 UTC
Unless the person in question never posted the killmail. I doubt the 2 day old guy did.
yopparai
ASTARTES CORP
Hashashin Cartel
#18 - 2012-04-20 20:48:23 UTC
Welcome to Eve, There is no reason to leave a station with a PLEX ever.
Tlat Ij
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-04-20 21:06:28 UTC
JVLP wrote:
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Those learning skillbooks are 4.5m each.

They also ceased to exist months ago.
Coulhorn
Raiders and Marauders
#20 - 2012-04-20 22:23:17 UTC
I spoke with Eli Porter he had the following to say:

Eli Porter > I got one question mang tell me who nex
12Next page