These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Upcoming changes to the EVE Forums

First post First post
Author
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#21 - 2012-04-18 09:43:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
Aww and here I was hoping for the old forums back Sad

But so with the cut offs, I guess that means the chance of seeing images, colors and sizes back is even further away.

Also, you do realize that deleting everything - means deleting history... EVE-Search will keep it however but still I think it's bad to delete stuff like that.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Shlunky
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-04-18 13:07:12 UTC
Thanks for the update.
I do have a suggestion, although it is likely to have been made at least once already.

What about adding search filters in the marketplace forums. Like adding the option to search for only WTB, WTS, or WTT.
Perhaps if you feel like you want to take it a step further, you could add even more filter options. Say for example you are searching the Character Bazaar and you want to look for Minmatar pilots for sale in the range of 15-25m SP or something.

I know, that would probably require the OP to put that information in when making the thread.

Just a thought. I know when looking for buyers of a particular type, it would make the experience MUCH more efficient if I didn't have to search through 15 pages of WTS....

Just my thoughts, thanks
§
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#23 - 2012-04-18 14:16:04 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

We will also introduce a new forum section called ‘Wormholes’. This new sub forum will be centered around everything related to J space. We know this is something you have been wanting for a while so enjoy!

<3

tyvm, Team CutOffs!

Ntrails
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2012-04-19 17:53:53 UTC
Mobile skin?
tomato1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-04-20 02:38:38 UTC
on thing i want to see in forums is having a new reply at the top of list rather than being at the back....last... off page of the thread...youtube does it like that why cant ccp? i'd also like to add it sort slows productive talk in sense you have to go to the back of the thread to find new dialog
malaire
#26 - 2012-04-21 09:19:58 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Team Cut Offs, the driving force behind our forums and websites, have some changes coming to the forums next week.

Did the changes get pushed back, since they didn't get implemented during "next week"?

(Still 2 days to go, but I doubt CCP makes forum changes on weekend.)

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#27 - 2012-04-23 18:20:59 UTC
How about a "dislike" negrep type button next to the like button?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Holy One
Privat Party
#28 - 2012-04-24 10:10:35 UTC
hey you left out the bit where you've now got ISD muppets not only censoring posts arbitrarily but removing them entirely, sometimes retrospectively. gj.

:)

Ken Kyoukan
#29 - 2012-04-24 11:56:23 UTC
Daedalus II wrote:
How about fixing the failure to post that crops up all the time as well? :D

Don't get me wrong, the draft getting saved from time to time is great (if a bit annoying with the popup), but tbh it's still just a patch over a bug, as the bug is still there. Also the draft isn't always trustworthy either. Once I restored a message from it and the last character in each row disappeared! I mean something like that is easily missed and the message can be completely different if you miss it.

I've simply taught myself to always press ctrl+a, ctrl+c every time before I post on any forum :p

It doesn't like anything tagged like a html tag, so trying to highlight something with the &gt; &lt; (shift + ,.) will cause it to throw an exception and say you cannot post the message, restoring one with said tags drops the letters as you mention.
Aggressive Nutmeg
#30 - 2012-04-25 02:33:16 UTC
I think there are far too many subforums as it is, although I agree there should be one for wormholes.

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Bob Niac
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-04-25 02:54:12 UTC
Brain fart ... "J" Space?

[u]I <3 Logistics:[/u] Pilot of all  T2 logi and my shiny Archon [deceased.] Also a Chimera which may or may not be horrid. I don't make games, I play them. I get that ppl are passionate about change. I post here to plant seeds. You see your idea as is? Holy **** you win! So let's post, and see what the DEVs and our peers use.

Daneel Trevize
Give my 11percent back
#32 - 2012-04-26 13:36:30 UTC
Bob Niac wrote:
Brain fart ... "J" Space?
Wouldn't expect someone from AAA to understand...
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-04-26 14:57:35 UTC
Trial Users sub-forum is now gone
malaire
#34 - 2012-04-26 15:34:59 UTC
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
Trial Users sub-forum is now gone

It seems to have been merged into "EVE New Citizens Q&A".

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Hasugo Numani
Koprulu Sector
#35 - 2012-04-26 17:01:39 UTC
Return to Forum or breadcrumb links at the BOTTOM of the thread page, please.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#36 - 2012-04-26 18:20:53 UTC
Dev posts notification icon at the top of the page.
Dev post folder tab at the bottom of the page.
Away to move to last post in thread from the notification panel.
Faster searches ie day, week, all ranges in settings.
Name for thread is good but not complete-notification panel needs to be bigger.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Lady Aja
#37 - 2012-04-26 22:20:17 UTC
so nothign for sigs then?
where is my ability to link a sig properly CCP you munters!!
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-04-26 23:53:04 UTC
Note to CFS users:

Due to some recent server side changes some layout issues appeared in forum topics. They have now been fixed.

New service version up in official download site (link in original Technology Lab post).

Please report possible style bugs to that same thread as usual. Thank you.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#39 - 2012-04-29 19:14:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Mashie Saldana
Is it any chance we can have the threads hidden that are created by character on the ignore list?

Just hiding the posts isn't enough when it come to some spamming trolls around here.
Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#40 - 2012-05-01 21:28:05 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Aww and here I was hoping for the old forums back Sad

But so with the cut offs, I guess that means the chance of seeing images, colors and sizes back is even further away.

Also, you do realize that deleting everything - means deleting history... EVE-Search will keep it however but still I think it's bad to delete stuff like that.

/c

I was kind of hoping for graphics too. real sigs and allinace adverts instead of these decidely un-fun walls of text. even if they have to be smaller.. some is better than none.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Previous page12