These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Dust 514 beta keys are out - eve players not included.

First post
Author
raionin
The Fifth Ace
#1 - 2012-04-19 07:01:10 UTC  |  Edited by: raionin
The first 5,000 beta keys went out today to PSN Plus subscribers. EVE players [not sure about fanfest peeps] have not gotten beta keys yet.

What the ****? Is this a failure by CCP or a mis fire by SONY? I was under the impression that eve players got first dibs. Or at least they would be included in the first wave. Im dissapointed because ive been waiting since 2009, and to know that some random PS3 person who has barely heard of Dust, got the first round of beta testing.

So, when will we be included CCP?

5,000 beta key link - be sure to read SONY forums about ppl braging about thier beta keys.

EDIT: "Sony needs to approve another big patch for DUST 514 and once they do Fanfest attendees and others will be able to get into the beta and start playing newest build of the game. This will happen during the next week or so."

So Sony noobs beat our fanfest guys to the beta keys. Damn, im sad.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-04-19 07:19:20 UTC
Dust is not intended for Eve players.

Any Eve players that play Dust are bonus money.

That said, are you selling PS3s for plex yet, CCP? YOU WANT ME UP IN THAT GAME, DAYUM

Hello, hello again.

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#3 - 2012-04-19 07:29:07 UTC
I think you've been spared to be honest.
raionin
The Fifth Ace
#4 - 2012-04-19 07:38:00 UTC
Degren wrote:
Dust is not intended for Eve players.

Any Eve players that play Dust are bonus money.

That said, are you selling PS3s for plex yet, CCP? YOU WANT ME UP IN THAT GAME, DAYUM

Obviously. Didnt people have to get a eve account to sign up for the beta? And weren't fanfest peeps promised beta keys for when it opened? What exactly happened there..... feels like a scam.
okst666
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-04-19 07:39:55 UTC
I bought a PS3 just for Dust.

[X] < Nail here for new monitor

Tear Miner
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-04-19 07:41:16 UTC
3/10
Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-04-19 07:49:24 UTC
i forgot to empty my fap cup and now it stinks. Sad

I have more space likes than you. 

Mugged Yougot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-04-19 07:52:41 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
Do us all a big favor and empty it over the butthurt OP.
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#9 - 2012-04-19 07:57:22 UTC
Mugged Yougot wrote:
Dbars Grinding wrote:
Do us all a big favor and empty it over the butthurt OP.

Sorry, I can only like your post once.
Dr Silkworth
#10 - 2012-04-19 08:01:04 UTC
CCP is tired of us. They are just going to lock us onto a single shard and let the rest of the world do peep shows through the dust interface. We'll be like going to the zoo and watching the monkeys throw **** at each other.
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#11 - 2012-04-19 08:04:44 UTC
Dr Silkworth wrote:
CCP is tired of us. They are just going to lock us onto a single shard and let the rest of the world do peep shows through the dust interface. We'll be like going to the zoo and watching the monkeys throw **** at each other.
More like a gay peep show in a dank smelly booth with a roll of toilet paper on the wall.
Oberine Noriepa
#12 - 2012-04-19 08:10:14 UTC
Graic Gabtar wrote:

Oh? And what sort of credibility do you have in taking a position like this?

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-04-19 08:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
We all signed up for this in a dev blog. They said Eve players would get 1st in! not sony players! I don't care if I play eve, I love my PS3!!!

wait wait wait, they are just saying that they sent 5000 to it's key testers. This is news, gtfo. IN the next week or so they will open to fanfest and eve players. The game currently running is prefanfest and very old. They just want to do a quick one week stress test with 5000 people they know will test everyday. Real game testers not blah blah fanboys, bug hunters. They have this bug hunting feature where playstation beta testers get faster access if they report bugs and such. I really don't care if they want to stress test some old crapy build i wouldn't want to play anyways.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

TkAlligator38
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-04-19 08:12:25 UTC
raionin wrote:
The first 5,000 beta keys went out today to PSN Plus subscribers. EVE players [not sure about fanfest peeps] have not gotten beta keys yet.

What the ****? Is this a failure by CCP or a mis fire by SONY? I was under the impression that eve players got first dibs.

Why would you be so arrogant?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#15 - 2012-04-19 08:37:08 UTC
I hope to see my key soon.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#16 - 2012-04-19 08:40:56 UTC
Dr Silkworth wrote:

So not a whole lot of change there then.

With respect to the OP: Maybe CCP read all those "On the PS3? Not interested then" posts and thought we wouldn't care about beta invites?

Or maybe these invites are part of Sony's deal, you know, in return for all that development cash they gave CCP...

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-04-19 08:43:45 UTC
Maybe they though it would be best to give beta keys to people they know definitely have a PS3... Crazy, i know.
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#18 - 2012-04-19 08:44:34 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Graic Gabtar wrote:

Oh? And what sort of credibility do you have in taking a position like this?
Console shooters are for Downs kids.

Good enough for you?
Julyan Fox
The crossroad Co.
#19 - 2012-04-19 08:48:10 UTC
FPS shooter on pad, are you really missing something? I heard the latest Tribes is out, didn't try it yet but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#20 - 2012-04-19 08:53:47 UTC
The eve players beta is hereCool
123Next pageLast page