These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Instant War Decs and aggro???

Author
Okan Caldari
Lightning Flash Corporation
#1 - 2012-04-18 16:48:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Okan Caldari
So, I am at war with this corp. I have their high sec POS in low shields, and they are scrambling to kill my BS's and doing a decent job at harrassing me. It's pretty much an even fight, and good fun.

My inbox goes blinky, and I am told that my corp is now at war with Dec Shield Alliance. 'Alright' I think to my self, 'I have another 24 hours to duke it out with these guys before the cavalry gets here.'

But NOPE!!
I arrive at their POS again a few minutes later, and press F1, but then I am asked whether I want to proceed with this dangerous act, and CONCORD will kill me if I do.... WHAT??

Checking the evemail, I discover that where it used to read:
"Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.", it now reads "Fighting can legally occur between those involved." - in other words, "from right now!". I had no prior warning about this my evemail.

So effectively, the corp I am at war with can instantly get out of the war, protect its POS's, and have anyone in Dec Shield attack me with no delay. For all I know some of them could be cloaked up in T3 cruisers right next to me, waiting for the corp to join the alliance and gank the crap out of me. Are you kidding me?

What the hell happened?? Is this CCP's idea of an improved War Dec mechanics? Because this will completely kill small scale wars even faster than the old Dec Shield mechanic!
I am just gobsmacked as to why CCP would kill this part of the game....
Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-04-18 16:53:15 UTC
Why the f*ck do you think CCP are revamping War Dec mechanics in the next expansion?
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-04-18 16:53:23 UTC
This is the old/current mechanic. The new one hasn't been implemented yet.
Thomas Kreshant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-04-18 16:54:42 UTC
Okan Caldari wrote:
Is this CCP's idea of an improved War Dec mechanics? ....

Unless you're running Inferno all by yourself the answer is no basically this is one of the loopholes fixed in Inferno so until then don't bother shooting POS as you're wasting your time.
Okan Caldari
#5 - 2012-04-18 16:55:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Okan Caldari
Destination SkillQueue wrote:

That can't possibly be true. You used to get 24 hours before the alliance could also fight you, AND you'd get an evemail to that effect.

Now you have ZERO seconds, and no email!
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-04-18 17:15:57 UTC
Okan Caldari wrote:
Destination SkillQueue wrote:

That can't possibly be true. You used to get 24 hours before the alliance could also fight you, AND you'd get an evemail to that effect.

If it's not working as it should, bug report and petition it. The point I was making is that the new system hasn't been implemented yet, so whatever your grievance is it's just another fun aspect of the current system.
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#7 - 2012-04-18 17:26:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Would this perhaps be for that 200m pos-removal contract the RvB guy in C&P was offering? Lol

But yeah the wardec shield alliance is the carebear CCP-approved exploit for making high-sec pos 100% undestroyable. The POS owner will just keep swapping back and forth so he's always either protected by the 24 hour transition period or the reinforced timer.

I've been following the upcoming wardec changes quite closely but I can't exactly remember what CCP's solution is going to be against this tactic. I don't remember them saying that much about transition timers, only about possible war-shedding (which still keeps high POS safe, if you keep joining and dropping a dec-shield alliance).

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#8 - 2012-04-18 17:47:49 UTC
As for the solution to this, I think they're going to have wars follow the original party: if a corp joins an alliance and then drops, the war stays with the corp. That's what the latest dev blog says, anyway.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-04-18 18:02:15 UTC
Calling OP an idiot or a troll, probably both.

This was announced like 6 months ago, so welcome to 1999 if you just got up to date and still have more to let sink in once you get to 2012. Also, being that wardecs are required for highsec only then yes you should have to deal with the annoyances the enemy corp can bring to bear...or GTFO of highsec and avoid it all together Roll. Really, who the hell wants to bash a POS beside some miner wannabe PVPer who just AFK a laser boat just as much as his hulk Lol
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2012-04-18 18:07:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Okan Caldari wrote:

When a corp joins an alliance, there is a 24 hour waiting period before the application is active.

As soon as you got the EVE-mail about the alliance inheriting the war, the 24 hours was up, and the war was active on the alliance.

It has always worked this way.
Okan Caldari
#11 - 2012-04-18 18:44:58 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Okan Caldari wrote:

When a corp joins an alliance, there is a 24 hour waiting period before the application is active.

As soon as you got the EVE-mail about the alliance inheriting the war, the 24 hours was up, and the war was active on the alliance.

It has always worked this way.

Erh - No.
Trust me. I know my high sec wars......
It has not always been like this.

And read the f*cking post properly. I even pasted the two different CONCORD emails. Duh!
Whambot
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-04-18 19:01:59 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
Calling OP an idiot or a troll, probably both.

This was announced like 6 months ago, so welcome to 1999

Did someone wardec your braincells
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-04-18 19:19:42 UTC
Okan Caldari wrote:
So, I am at war with this corp. I have their high sec POS in low shields, and they are scrambling to kill my BS's and doing a decent job at harrassing me. It's pretty much an even fight, and good fun.

My inbox goes blinky, and I am told that my corp is now at war with Dec Shield Alliance. 'Alright' I think to my self, 'I have another 24 hours to duke it out with these guys before the cavalry gets here.'

But NOPE!!
I arrive at their POS again a few minutes later, and press F1, but then I am asked whether I want to proceed with this dangerous act, and CONCORD will kill me if I do.... WHAT??

Checking the evemail, I discover that where it used to read:
"Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.", it now reads "Fighting can legally occur between those involved." - in other words, "from right now!". I had no prior warning about this my evemail.

So effectively, the corp I am at war with can instantly get out of the war, protect its POS's, and have anyone in Dec Shield attack me with no delay. For all I know some of them could be cloaked up in T3 cruisers right next to me, waiting for the corp to join the alliance and gank the crap out of me. Are you kidding me?

What the hell happened?? Is this CCP's idea of an improved War Dec mechanics? Because this will completely kill small scale wars even faster than the old Dec Shield mechanic!
I am just gobsmacked as to why CCP would kill this part of the game....

That's lame. Not sure if it's suppose to work that way, maybe petition it although at this point it won't matter. It's not like they're going to blow up the POS for you.

They are revamping the whole war dec system as many ppl have already stated. I'd chalk it up to ****** game mechanics that are hopefully being improved soon.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#14 - 2012-04-18 19:50:21 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
delete
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-04-18 21:28:58 UTC
sounds like soon as you war decced them they joined the dec shield... they were accepted when u got the final mail... i suggest you stop griefing instead.