These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Titans in Low Sec

Author
Mrs Zor
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-03-05 14:50:46 UTC
Titans do not belong in Low sec.

Im tired of seeing morons ratting in their titans or dropping on frigates in their titans knowing they are invincible because there is no one who is allowed to hold SOV in low sec systems to maintain the balance.

Capitals arent allowed in high sec. Titan class vessels should be barred from Low sec.
Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-03-05 14:58:41 UTC
I agree, lowsec should be a stepping stone to 0.0 where capitals, not supercaps are the power behind those who live there.
The fact that they cant be built there is one of the reasons its silly but this should all come with a big lowsec overhaul so well see what happends then.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2012-03-05 15:35:28 UTC
Mrs Zor wrote:
T
Capitals arent allowed in high sec. Titan class vessels should be barred from Low sec.

or at least get the same rules placed on them as capitals that are in hisec (no offensive modules can be activated and a few other things ... pretty much, it's a trophy of an older era).

Barring them completely from low would make moving them stupid annoying.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-03-05 15:47:29 UTC
Mrs Zor wrote:
hurp durp butthurt Oops

Pro-tip: Its easier to go from 10 to 2 on a clock as the bird flies, then it is to go clockwise or counter clockwise around. As in, cut through lowsec if you are attacking someone on the other side of EVE. Requires setting up a logistic route and cyno

Pro-tip: You are vulnerable to attack the second you undock. lulsec even more so. Fortunately, Titans can't DD your ass so you are SAFE! from DD and...whats this....they don't have drones anymore? OMG!

Pro-tip: Meta-gaming. Thats what it is called, finding a way to beat someone else's ass anyway possible but for exploiting. If you had a titan, would you not do the same? Probably.

Pro-tip: Titan's can't jump. So run like a chcken. Only mouth breathing idiots expect to take down Goliath and don't relize they will fail.

Pro-tip: Last 2 tips, counter-meta the titan advantage. Bring your own cap. Don't have one, Run. Bring friends, ambush the gang it jumped in with your own gang on the other side of a gate in the next system

Pro-tip: All else fails because it was a massive fleet and you were but a small gang...you lost. EVE isn't fair, so suck it up and fine a way to either beat the next titan or just ******* leave.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#5 - 2012-03-05 15:49:23 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Mrs Zor wrote:
T

or at least get the same rules placed on them as capitals that are in hisec (no offensive modules can be activated and a few other things ... pretty much, it's a trophy of an older era).

That might be a positive side effect that the OP hadn't considered.

It would add an additional element of geography to nullsec strategy.

Of course, since it would put some people at a disadvantage for holding all their current assets or attacking others, I don't expect everyone to see it as positive.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#6 - 2012-03-05 19:34:42 UTC
I'd like to see an easier way to hold down supers or titans in low, since you can't bubble them. I think CCP are working on it though, didn't they mention giving supers supercapital points? Atm I'm not sure if a super has ever really died in low sec? I've never seen it on the KBs anyway, and I don't see how they would with a remote ecm module fitted.

Banning them is too far though, they might not be built there but plenty of us have the ISK to just buy them. Forcing all super owners into null sec seems a bit harsh, when some of them are probably directors etc. of low sec corps atm.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Velicitia
XS Tech
#7 - 2012-03-05 19:50:52 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Mrs Zor wrote:
T

That might be a positive side effect that the OP hadn't considered.

It would add an additional element of geography to nullsec strategy.

Of course, since it would put some people at a disadvantage for holding all their current assets or attacking others, I don't expect everyone to see it as positive.

well, then nullsec becomes even more static. or you watch the sov map move clockwise or CCW as one entity burns through the space between them and their enemies.

There's no good way for say Cascade Imminent to shoot NCdot unless they go through empire -- otherwise, they're NAP'd even more with the other blocks ... or they have to kill them off.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#8 - 2012-03-05 20:12:46 UTC
Hobos don't belong in the ghetto.

They belong in the gutters in hi-sec to feed the rats that are too snobbish for the ghetto.

Death to the poor!

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#9 - 2012-03-05 20:14:46 UTC
cant heavy interdictors infinitely scram titans with a script?
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#10 - 2012-03-05 20:23:23 UTC
Ager Agemo wrote:

Yes but I don't think they can hold a point if a super is setting of its remote ECM.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#11 - 2012-03-05 20:49:35 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

well, then nullsec becomes even more static. or you watch the sov map move clockwise or CCW as one entity burns through the space between them and their enemies.

There's no good way for say Cascade Imminent to shoot NCdot unless they go through empire -- otherwise, they're NAP'd even more with the other blocks ... or they have to kill them off.

There's still NPC nullsec for short bypasses, and the map isn't flat. Without the option to cut through empire space the shape and connectivity of the various nullsec regions becomes more important.

But I do understand that stasis is a real risk when contemplating a change like this, especially when there are already some well established political relationships that run counter to the geography change.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Blood Saken
Space Hobos LLC.
#12 - 2012-03-05 21:09:18 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:
I agree, lowsec should be a stepping stone to 0.0 where capitals, not supercaps are the power behind those who live there.
The fact that they cant be built there is one of the reasons its silly but this should all come with a big lowsec overhaul so well see what happends then.

I think its funny that every 0.0 person thinks lowsec is a stepping stone to null. Like the pirates and faction warfare guys really dream of one day having the skills to mindlessly pos bash. In all seriousness i agree with the op titans and supers have little to no place in low.
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-03-05 21:42:37 UTC
Blood Saken wrote:
In all seriousness i agree with the op titans and supers have little to no place in low.

why don't you just kill them?
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-03-06 10:18:10 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Ager Agemo wrote:

Yes but I don't think they can hold a point if a super is setting of its remote ECM.

Fit ECCM ? Unless remote ECM works different then regular ECM, Bob is your Uncle.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-03-06 10:23:47 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Aqriue wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Ager Agemo wrote:

Fit ECCM ? Unless remote ECM works different then regular ECM, Bob is your Uncle.

There's like no reason ever to fit ECCM in PVP. It's a terrible idea because it gimps fits and really doesn't work that well anyway.

It's a moot point anyway because I'm fairly sure you can't use WDFG in empire space.
EDIT: Nevermind, apparently with the script you can use it anywhere. That would make this the ONLY way to hold down Titans in lowsec.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#16 - 2012-03-06 10:40:57 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
There's like no reason ever to fit ECCM in PVP. It's a terrible idea because it gimps fits and really doesn't work that well anyway.

Logistics fit it all the time, so do some jamming ships (although personally I don't bother). So do all (decent) spider tanking fits. ECCM in PvP is pretty common.

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
It's a moot point anyway because I'm fairly sure you can't use WDFG in empire space.
EDIT: Nevermind, apparently with the script you can use it anywhere.

Hmm, well remote ECM modules jam with a strength of 25 against any race. So for a broadsword to have a chance at holding it's point it would need to overload it's ECCM module, and make sure it was overloaded each time the super used it's burst. Or use multiple ECCM modules. Two ECCM modules on a HIC and it's very unlikely you'd lose your lock.

I suppose you could always stick remote ECCM on your logi too, and get them to stick it on your HICs. But again, this presumes the kind of planning that in reality really isn't going to happen prior to getting hot dropped by a super. At least in null you can just bubble it and try and keep your bubblers alive.

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-03-12 10:33:47 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

I suppose you could always stick remote ECCM on your logi too, and get them to stick it on your HICs. But again, this presumes the kind of planning that in reality really isn't going to happen prior to getting hot dropped by a super. At least in null you can just bubble it and try and keep your bubblers alive.

yo, you cant RECCM a focus point HIC.
Matrix Operator
#18 - 2012-04-18 15:23:48 UTC
Low sec as subcaps only would make a lot angry.

How about graded entry. Titans in 0.0 only, Supercapts in 0.1 and below, Captials in 0.2 and 0.3 only. No capitals in 0.4

Better?
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#19 - 2012-04-18 17:48:38 UTC
Let them keep using low as stepping stone when they need to throw their flabby carcasses around, but at a price:
#1: Jumping a super-capital into Empire (read: low-sec) gives the pilot a massive standings hit with the associated faction. No if's, no but's .. supers are weapons of war, dropping them willy-nilly into a sovereign nation's backyard should not be done lightly and standings is really the only way we have available to enforce that.
#2: Sovereignty jamming systems in Empire are fully operational and while it is not a great big invisible wall stopping everything at the gates, it does render any special abilities a super might have non-functional.
- eWar immunity is unavailable while operating in Empire.
- Jump Portals (not covert as they are scalpels to the Titan's broadsword) are unable to acquire a stable lock if either end is within Empire boundaries. Using a portal into or out of Empire has a chance of destroying the ship equal to the intesity of the jamming in place (ie. 0.1 systems = 10%, 0.2 systems = 20% etc.).

There, that makes supers balanced in regards to low-sec Smile
Torothanax
#20 - 2012-04-18 18:59:59 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
I'd like to see an easier way to hold down supers or titans in low, since you can't bubble them. I think CCP are working on it though, didn't they mention giving supers supercapital points? Atm I'm not sure if a super has ever really died in low sec? I've never seen it on the KBs anyway, and I don't see how they would with a remote ecm module fitted.

Banning them is too far though, they might not be built there but plenty of us have the ISK to just buy them. Forcing all super owners into null sec seems a bit harsh, when some of them are probably directors etc. of low sec corps atm.

Supers die in low sec. It happens. http://minmatar.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9534343
12Next page