These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Negative Balance shock..! Please read..

First post
Author
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-04-18 13:12:11 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Reads like a thread by an ISK beggar.

Good for the game, tritanium just took a +0.0001 value Lol
Momoyo
Rivinshield Trading Inc.
#42 - 2012-04-18 13:12:40 UTC
Really only 300 mill. Your can make that in like 5 hours doing incursions (less if you char is as 1337 as you make him sound.)
N'baro Dark
#43 - 2012-04-18 13:15:09 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
Well, I am truly saddened by these rude pithy comments that are totaly uncalled for. Is this the world we now live in when its so easy to insult people and be disgustingly rude beyond words that morality dosent even enter into the equation.? The younger generation have no concept of respect and these replies are proof of that. Its a pitty we now live in such a horrid world.

I find the horrid aspect to be the sheer number of people in the world today who won't take responsibility for their own actions and who raise their children to feel the same way. The rampant attitude of entitlement is sickening. Let's look at the facts:
1) You violated the EULA by sharing an account.
2) Your son, for whom you are responsible, violated the EULA by RMT.

Your response? "I shouldn't be punished. Punishing me is unfair."

I suppose the reason that the son doesn't play by the rules is because the role model parent has the attitude that rules don't apply to him. Sadly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-04-18 13:19:47 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
..JK**

I took this to mean a joke for your whole post. As I can't believe you could seriously expect anyone on the forums to care especially under the circumstances you described.
Nemo deBlanc
Resource Acquisition Unlimited
#45 - 2012-04-18 13:27:08 UTC
Ooo, he bought isk! So what, goddamn you guys are treating him like the scum of the earth. Whether it was his son or not, whatever. Trolls are awful these days, you guys were at least amusing back on the old forums for a while.

Anyways...

OP, it's as simple as the advice given in the first couple responses. Buy a PLEX on an alt, sell it, give the 300 mil to the main. Unfortunate circumstances, but thems the breaks.
Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#46 - 2012-04-18 13:44:22 UTC
Nemo deBlanc wrote:
Ooo, he bought isk! So what, goddamn you guys are treating him like the scum of the earth. Whether it was his son or not, whatever. Trolls are awful these days, you guys were at least amusing back on the old forums for a while.

Anyways...

OP, it's as simple as the advice given in the first couple responses. Buy a PLEX on an alt, sell it, give the 300 mil to the main. Unfortunate circumstances, but thems the breaks.

If he truly is an old vet he already knew the solution. If not then he's hardly a vet.

And yes, people who support RMT are scum of the earth for any gaming cummonity.
Be it willingly support RMT or enable others to support RMT. Both is unacceptable.

This isn't trolling from my part but just the harsh reality as I see it.

hermot
The No One Cares Corp
#47 - 2012-04-18 13:46:37 UTC  |  Edited by: hermot
Paying for isk is cheating. Unless its plex, then your allowing someone to subscribe to the game if they aren't able or dont need to do it with RL money.

No one likes cheats
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#48 - 2012-04-18 13:50:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
Nemo deBlanc wrote:

Anyways...

RMTers ruin MMOs and those that buy from them are just as guilty, so they're scum.

As for the op, I don't know if he has a son or not and I don't even care, he should not have allowed his account to be shared if indeed it was shared either way he's guilty one way or the other. It's as simple as that.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-04-18 13:55:29 UTC
Momoyo wrote:
Really only 300 mill. Your can make that in like 5 hours doing incursions (less if you char is as 1337 as you make him sound.)

Just because you have your regular team and can afford as much time as you want to doing this doesn't mean everyone does or can. Outside the fact that your example is a sign of lacking understanding of what and how much all other community players than yourself can or cant do for a myriad of reasons you would obviously not understand.

Only thing you're right is the fact that 300mil is not a big chunk if you can afford to play 1.5 to 2 hours on a regular basis of 3 times a week.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#50 - 2012-04-18 14:02:21 UTC
I'll just go ahead and call bullshit right now. If you were busted you got an email.

Nice try.

2/10 for effort.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#51 - 2012-04-18 14:03:07 UTC
Sorry, I don't think CCP has done anything wrong. As you said you have to take responsibility (which you do, you gave out your account information). I agree it may seem harsh, but I thank you for making this post. Hopefully others will learn.

Also, This is Eve, you seriously didn't expect a outcry of support on these forums? This is a rough crowd, ready to pounce on the slightest sign of weakness or humane behaviour.

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#52 - 2012-04-18 14:04:18 UTC
Also you deserve a ban for account sharing.

Normally I would say IBTL but I think CCP wants this thread up to illustrate what happens.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#53 - 2012-04-18 14:05:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorki Andropov
Killer Gandry wrote:

What's your stance on sperging meatheads who didn't get a dictionary for Christmas and can't give articles their proper day in the sun?

e: I love all of these people calling RMTers 'scum' - as if that's really the worst thing in the world. I suppose murderers get off with a mere 'He's been quite bad today'.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2012-04-18 14:11:18 UTC
Make your kid buy you the PLEX to get back out of debt on your character. He did the crime even if it was on your account. Since you are being punished for his misdeed make him pay for it.

If it is only a problem of 300 mil then it should be a simple $15 bucks.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Just Alter
Futures Abstractions
#55 - 2012-04-18 14:21:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Just Alter
N'baro Dark wrote:
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
Well, I am truly saddened by these rude pithy comments that are totaly uncalled for. Is this the world we now live in when its so easy to insult people and be disgustingly rude beyond words that morality dosent even enter into the equation.? The younger generation have no concept of respect and these replies are proof of that. Its a pitty we now live in such a horrid world.

I find the horrid aspect to be the sheer number of people in the world today who won't take responsibility for their own actions and who raise their children to feel the same way. The rampant attitude of entitlement is sickening. Let's look at the facts:
1) You violated the EULA by sharing an account.
2) Your son, for whom you are responsible, violated the EULA by RMT.

Your response? "I shouldn't be punished. Punishing me is unfair."

I suppose the reason that the son doesn't play by the rules is because the role model parent has the attitude that rules don't apply to him. Sadly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Also it's funny that people so rotten as him can do nothing more than preach about the morals of other (innocent) people.

Please biomass your char, a ganker whine thread has more dignity than this.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#56 - 2012-04-18 14:22:31 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:

If letting my now 18 year old son use MY account on MY computer is against EVE policy then CCP have truly gone way to far..

Lets see what they have to say. I wont post anymore because clearly asking for help is the wrong thing to do these days. Perhaps I should have yelled fire and got a more positive response.

Perhaps you shouldn't have lied to us, or complained about being punished for the multiple infractions of the EULA you commited. Blink

You created this thread looking for sympathy from us, and perhaps to leverage a little exception made for you from CCP.

Bluntly, neither one is going to happen.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-04-18 14:31:34 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

Perhaps you shouldn't have lied to us, or complained about being punished for the multiple infractions of the EULA you commited. Blink

You created this thread looking for sympathy from us, and perhaps to leverage a little exception made for you from CCP.

Bluntly, neither one is going to happen.

This and moreover,if an 18 yr old guy can't pony up 20 monies,you should permaban him from your house.
Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#58 - 2012-04-18 14:35:44 UTC
Gorki Andropov wrote:
Killer Gandry wrote:

What's your stance on sperging meatheads who didn't get a dictionary for Christmas and can't give articles their proper day in the sun?

e: I love all of these people calling RMTers 'scum' - as if that's really the worst thing in the world. I suppose murderers get off with a mere 'He's been quite bad today'.

Learn to read. Scum of the earth for any GAMING COMMUNITY. (thought I would make it a tad more readable for you)

So you really want to discus sperging meatheads?

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-04-18 14:39:40 UTC
Gorki Andropov wrote:

Sniff,sniff... Irony much?
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-04-18 14:41:50 UTC
jesus, lot of douchebags in this thread

OP, sell a Plex on your alt then transfer the money to your main toon to get out of debt. Problem solved