These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Negative Balance shock..! Please read..

First post
Author
Hicksimus
Torgue
#21 - 2012-04-18 12:41:13 UTC
Or maybe he is trolling you guys......I mean really, he couldn't be that much of a moron, could he?

Recruitment Officer: What type of a pilot are you? Me: I've been described as a Ray Charles with Parkinsons and a drinking problem.

Nirnias Stirrum
UberWTFBBQ and Battle Technologies
#22 - 2012-04-18 12:41:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Nirnias Stirrum
Its one of those vague things the EULA hints at, fairly sure the above point is if you set up a new account with the sole intent of that account being used by your spawn!

Where as in this case, it was your main account that you used regularly then you allowed your spawn to use it which would indeed be a breach of the EULA, compounded by the fact your spawn bought ISK illegally you may just have to suck it up.

Also its not just CCP, in any MMO it is against the EULA to share your account.
Xeyena
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-04-18 12:42:46 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:

If letting my now 18 year old son use MY account on MY computer is against EVE policy then CCP have truly gone way to far..

So you don't even have the defense that he is a minor. It's account sharing in it's worst form, and you have fully admitted it. You deserve every bit of punishment that CCP gives you and if it were up to me, you should be prosecuted by them to reclaim the subscription fees that your son SHOULD have been paying in order for you to both play the game that is eve online.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#24 - 2012-04-18 12:42:57 UTC
I do think that you should make your lad pay for the recovery of your wallet, it will hopefully teach him not to do that in games when he's old enough to get an account himself. Or just sell him to gypsies, that'll teach him Twisted

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

ShootsBlues McAwoxer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-04-18 12:44:21 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
Well, I am truly saddened by these rude pithy comments that are totaly uncalled for. Is this the world we now live in when its so easy to insult people and be disgustingly rude beyond words that morality dosent even enter into the equation.? The younger generation have no concept of respect and these replies are proof of that. Its a pitty we now live in such a horrid world.

If letting my now 18 year old son use MY account on MY computer is against EVE policy then CCP have truly gone way to far..

Lets see what they have to say. I wont post anymore because clearly asking for help is the wrong thing to do these days. Perhaps I should have yelled fire and got a more positive response.

Kids these days! They're actually thinking about things! How dare they see through my lies and not back me up in my attempt to avoid punishment for my RMTing!!!!
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-04-18 12:44:42 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
stuff

I was about to tell you to contract me your stuff Oops

So, this is the better excuse you could come with?
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-04-18 12:45:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Hicksimus wrote:
Or maybe he is trolling you guys......I mean really, he couldn't be that much of a moron, could he?

Main post shows it can.

Also:
Quote:

Did you always left your guns and ammo at it's reach also?
EFF ONEF1
Caldari Grand Prix Engineering
#28 - 2012-04-18 12:47:31 UTC
i think ccp knows what they are doing and know full well that if people get set a whole bunch into negative credits that those subscriptions are potentially lost.

setting you back and losing your sub weighed against the entire RMT/bot issue as a whole and what it costs them is a necessary casualty in this on going war.
EFF ONEF1
Caldari Grand Prix Engineering
#29 - 2012-04-18 12:49:15 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
ShootsBlues McAwoxer wrote:
buy a plex, take the cost out of your son's allowance, done deal. No need to run to the forum and compose posts that just make you look pathetic.

Jesus Christ the lack of general respect is just shocking these day. You sir clearly need a morality check..

your "son" disrespected the entire playerbase when they bought isk outside the approved means.

TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-04-18 12:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: TheButcherPete
EDIT:

Damned forum, made me think my post was eaten.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

gfldex
#31 - 2012-04-18 12:55:00 UTC
Caeled Vorchaz wrote:
The debt is 300 million. Not the end of the world I know, but still...

And your problem is what?

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-04-18 12:58:01 UTC
You came to the EVE Online forums looking for morals and sympathy?

rofl.

Man up and subtract the cost of a plex out of your son's ass.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

seany1212
M Y S T
#33 - 2012-04-18 12:59:17 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:

rofl.

Pete, Y U DOUBLE POST o//
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-04-18 13:00:27 UTC
300mil is really very little these days but here's what I'd do

1) berate child
2) extract money from child (stop pocket money, take back pocket money, make do aditional chores round the house)
3) use money to purchase a GTC legitimatly though something like shattered cyrstal
4) sell GTC on forums through ccp approved methds (probably for about a bil)
5) point out that actions have consiquences to child
6) blow stuff up.... in game
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-04-18 13:01:08 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:

rofl.

You're repeating yourself old man Lol
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2012-04-18 13:02:37 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
TheButcherPete wrote:

rofl.

You're repeating yourself old man Lol

>.> forum phail

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

ShootsBlues McAwoxer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-04-18 13:04:34 UTC
The reason the OP can't make his son pay for a plex and make this a non-issue is because he doesn't have a son and he was trying to manufacture an excuse to avoid paying the consequences for his RMTing.
Whitehound
#38 - 2012-04-18 13:06:54 UTC
Reads like a thread by an ISK beggar.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Lucas Schuyler
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-04-18 13:11:49 UTC
Completely apart from the facepalm inducing fail of the original poster, why on earth would anyone buy ISK illegally when you can just get PLEX if you are that desperate for ISK? I mean I sort of understand the motive of the sellers who are extracting $... but what motivates buyers?
Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#40 - 2012-04-18 13:12:03 UTC
It's all irrelevant.

If he has or hasn't got a son. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that an illegal activity has been performed. Either by the owner or his son is irrelevant because he admitted he gave his son access to the account.
This also put him in the position of taking responcebility of any and all actions taken by his son in relation with the account.

If there are merrits for a ban in regards to other EULA infractions isn't up to the playerbase. If you feel a rule has been broken you petition it and then the ones who can decide to act or not act upon it will deide what to do.

And you can say it's YOUR account and YOUR son, but it's also YOUR responcebility.
If you decide to accept certain rules and then decide not to follow them, then the owner of the game may decide to let you continue to have access to the game or not.