These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New dev blog: Changes to War Mechanics

First post First post
Author
Grikath
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#801 - 2012-04-17 18:07:22 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
[They told you to play the game their way or go away, and it turned that you actually wanted to play the game their way. Which turns your whole point useless to people who doesn't want to play your way.

Again, you're quite wrong, and fail to get the point.

What actually happened is that we expanded on our skillset, and learned the Ways of Highsec Warfare, so that we were able to protect the way we played (and still play) our game.
No-one told us to do anything. We chose not to be victims, never pay any ransoms, never give in to extortion, and kick the bastards in the teeth if they tried.
The fact that deciding not to be a victim in this game means learning how to shoot virtual spaceships is incidental, and actually "working as intended".

"My way" of playing is actually the way most griefers hate with a passion.
I casually run my missions, happily chatting with old friends and interesting newbies, trying to teach the latter how not to be victims if they're willing to listen, and introducing them to people who can take them further on their way in their chosen area of interest. Like a good old highbear.
The reason I can do so relatively unbothered is simply because I am also quite capable of ripping anyone disturbing me in my casual routine a new one, with interest.

So how has learning the ways of combat pvp made me play the game "their way"?
From where I'm sitting it has simply enabled me to play my way with more confidence, and less bother.

And I didn't need to go run crying to momma CCP to make the evil wardecs stop. Which Mansell pointed out quite nicely.

Highsec isn't "Safe".  Neither is it a playground for bullies and bottomfeeders. So stop complaining and start playing the game already.

Grikath
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#802 - 2012-04-17 19:09:58 UTC
Din Tempre wrote:
If there is only one way to win, the sandbox doesn't exist. There is the start of a good idea by letting corps contract out their defense fleet.

ummm.. There's many ways to "win" in the sandbox. However, the only way you can "win" is if there's actually a competition, and competition leads to strife.
For all the things you can do in EVE that do not involve just stationspinning this inevitably means having to shoot your competition.
Whether you hire help or do it yourself is ultimately your choice, although I must point out that the new mechanics are adding nothing new to the system other than "adding" the merc corp to the current war, instead of the merc corp having to issue a wardec themselves, as is the case now. The option to hire mercs has always been there.

Quote:
We have to look at the major complaint here. Rich, old players are allowed to pay-to-grief poor, new players, and the targeted corp has no real recourse.

Excuse me? Are you suggesting the Sandbox gets limited for players who through time, dedication and effort have actually accomplished something and are protecting their assets from competition? With the sole "excuse" of inexperience and/or un-willingness to learn of said competition?

Quote:
Face it, EVE is not set up to let a group of low SP pilots take out a decent gang of high SP pilots. I don't think it makes any sense to ask people to wait 6 months for skills to train so they can fight back.

No, it isn't. This is where the concept of "tactics" comes in, which generally frowns on charging straight into a wall of weapons.
That only works in Hollywood movies, you know.
Neither does it take 6 months to get anywhere in combat pvp, especially when you start out as a missioneer to begin with.

Quote:
If the aggressor corp has a lvl 4 locator agent and the same timezone/playtime, are the new players forced to change their schedule just to avoid people feeding on the "lolz"?

Given the fact that unpredictability is a solid part of your defense and making life a pain for the agressor anyway?
Yes, that may be an option for some. Keep moving about teaming up to blitz missions is another if it's not possible or practical.

Highsec isn't "Safe".  Neither is it a playground for bullies and bottomfeeders. So stop complaining and start playing the game already.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#803 - 2012-04-17 19:36:24 UTC
Grikath wrote:
[They told you to play the game their way or go away, and it turned that you actually wanted to play the game their way. Which turns your whole point useless to people who doesn't want to play your way.

Again, you're quite wrong, and fail to get the point.

What actually happened is that we expanded on our skillset, and learned the Ways of Highsec Warfare, so that we were able to protect the way we played (and still play) our game.
No-one told us to do anything. We chose not to be victims, never pay any ransoms, never give in to extortion, and kick the bastards in the teeth if they tried.
The fact that deciding not to be a victim in this game means learning how to shoot virtual spaceships is incidental, and actually "working as intended".

"My way" of playing is actually the way most griefers hate with a passion.
I casually run my missions, happily chatting with old friends and interesting newbies, trying to teach the latter how not to be victims if they're willing to listen, and introducing them to people who can take them further on their way in their chosen area of interest. Like a good old highbear.
The reason I can do so relatively unbothered is simply because I am also quite capable of ripping anyone disturbing me in my casual routine a new one, with interest.

So how has learning the ways of combat pvp made me play the game "their way"?
From where I'm sitting it has simply enabled me to play my way with more confidence, and less bother.

And I didn't need to go run crying to momma CCP to make the evil wardecs stop. Which Mansell pointed out quite nicely.

You were willing to be forced to learn combat PvP. I am not. And if I am in the wrong game, then CCP should be clear about it and remove everything not related to combat PvP, call their game "blow spaceships online" and market it to the appropiate target.
Din Tempre
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#804 - 2012-04-17 20:04:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Din Tempre
Forum double-posted. I wish there was an obvious way to delete.
Din Tempre
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#805 - 2012-04-17 20:05:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Din Tempre
Grikath wrote:

Quote:
We have to look at the major complaint here. Rich, old players are allowed to pay-to-grief poor, new players, and the targeted corp has no real recourse.

Excuse me? Are you suggesting the Sandbox gets limited for players who through time, dedication and effort have actually accomplished something and are protecting their assets from competition? With the sole "excuse" of inexperience and/or un-willingness to learn of said competition?

Quote:
Face it, EVE is not set up to let a group of low SP pilots take out a decent gang of high SP pilots. I don't think it makes any sense to ask people to wait 6 months for skills to train so they can fight back.

No, it isn't. This is where the concept of "tactics" comes in, which generally frowns on charging straight into a wall of weapons.
That only works in Hollywood movies, you know.
Neither does it take 6 months to get anywhere in combat pvp, especially when you start out as a missioneer to begin with.

Quote:
If the aggressor corp has a lvl 4 locator agent and the same timezone/playtime, are the new players forced to change their schedule just to avoid people feeding on the "lolz"?

Given the fact that unpredictability is a solid part of your defense and making life a pain for the agressor anyway?
Yes, that may be an option for some. Keep moving about teaming up to blitz missions is another if it's not possible or practical.

Yes, people who have the time and experience should have better tools to deal with threats to their corp. What you are repeatedly ignoring is the old players are encroaching on the new players, not the other way around. By your very logic, the new players are lesser-equipped. So why are corps of PVP-alt toons looking for killboard stats feeling threatened by some level 3 mission runners? They aren't; you are representing the intention of war decs and ignoring how they work in practice. I'm not say corps should have no ability to compete with pvp in high-sec, but the current system is trash. You either destroy them easily, they are forced to change when they play, or they have to change how they play. The first one is most common. We disagree this is a bad thing. The second one is a huge problem. Some people have school, or jobs, or other real life issues that can't move because someone in the game who logs in at the same time felt like picking on them for fun. The third one can't apply to everybody, else there would be no one pvp-ing except for rookie ships, at least until they train 10's of M of other SP first.

Just because you are past a threshold where you can fight toe to toe with any given pilot in EVE, doesn't mean the new player should be hazed too. I would say less than 10% of the people I knew still play a few months after that experience. Also, to an earlier post of yours, my point was I chose not to PLEX, therefore I ran out of ships a lot faster than the other guys. I'm sure you forget the days when you could only afford a BC or two. And any mission that requires more than a shuttle to complete should have been a ripe target for the dec corps. It sounds like you got lucky and they didn't pay that close attention to you. New players don't have jump clones and ships for 3-4 mission hubs.

And the #1 problem with this proposed change is it rewards large corps targeting small corps since they will pay the least ISK/member to participate. At the very least it should be the other way around.
Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#806 - 2012-04-17 20:40:14 UTC
Few ideas I have on subject

- if a corp can simply pay a fee get free access to attack other corps, those corps that have been war-dec'd should simply be able to pay a similar fee to make the war-dec go away. All money payable to Concord. There needs to be cooldown periods, where the same corp/alliance may not wardec the same corp/alliance within a certain period of time

- Im not sure how to enforce this, but when war is declared, there should be a reason given, and this reason should be sent to all people affected in the standard wardec notification. I dont care if the reason is just because the target corp has a terrible KB, they have a jack-ass in their corp smack-talking in local, they have fools who are constantly losing high value T1 Indy loads, or they hold a POS on a moon you really want. A reason should be given.

- Also, this is pretty specialized case, but I was wondering if somehow allowing a war-dec based on a specified system would be of any use? This could be used to take down POS's? Ability to hit supply lines. perhaps these types of wardecs can not be just paid off. Why are these WD's special and cant be paid off? I dont know, but I can see real strategic reasons for this type of wardec beyond just simple griefing

- non-mutual wars should escalate in price as time goes on

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Din Tempre
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#807 - 2012-04-17 21:16:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Din Tempre
I wanted to iterate on my earlier suggestions. Because giving the large corps ISK shields is useless for encouraging PVP.

Each of these should have a linear effect on the cost of war dec

• Number of pilots in the target corp (active in the last 7 days)
  • Number of pilots in the aggressor corp (total)
  • Number of systems (can be done in region or empire blocks)
  • Number of renewals already requested (requires an equal cool down)

An all out war of a large corp in all empire space should be a significant expense, regardless of the opponent size. A regional scuffle between two competitors should be relatively cheap. The aggressor corp should be the dominating number. Furthermore, if there is a cool down, the decision to prolong a war has benefits and drawbacks on both sides.

Furthermore, there should be discounts in the form of victory conditions. For each condition, there is an increase in cost, but double that increase is escrow instead of a fee. (If a victory condition costs 30M/week, 30M+30M/week is refunded if the defender agrees to the terms)

• A specific POS location must be unanchored from space, and cannot be reanchored for 7 days (enough time for another to be anchored)
  • A specific corp office must be shut down, and cannot be reopened as long as the victor corp maintains an office there
  • All industry/research orders must be cancelled at a given station
  • A specific amount of ISK must be paid (this replaces the escrow, so if it is 1B, the victor is refunded the 1B/week and recieves the prize)

If the defended accepts all terms, the war can end even before pvp commences. This makes wars with clear objectives cheaper, and also penalizes unreasonable objectives since they would pay extra for no additional reward. If the aggressed corp disbands, the extra fees would be refunded, but Concord would keep the escrow (since it was part of the original dec fee anyway). This discourages targeting corps with nothing of value.

A system along these lines would make fighting cheaper when something is at stake, when a corp should have to defend itself, while offering more protection to learning corps that aren't competition. Could this be a win-win?

Along these lines, if a corp has no corp assets (POS, offices, etc), perhaps a corp tax of 25% to Concord should make them effectively an NPC subcorp? (Technically 10% to concord, 15% to the parent NPC corp). That is essentially a 15% tax for a ticker and corp channel, the former being useless and the latter being easily simulated with a player channel. Although with the new killmails I guess that could matter? There is probably a fair number there as long as they have most of the restrictions of an NPC corp.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#808 - 2012-04-17 21:18:55 UTC
Lady Zarrina wrote:

- if a corp can simply pay a fee get free access to attack other corps, those corps that have been war-dec'd should simply be able to pay a similar fee to make the war-dec go away. All money payable to Concord. There needs to be cooldown periods, where the same corp/alliance may not wardec the same corp/alliance within a certain period of time

Almost buy it. Make that a corp wardecced can't be wardecced again for, say, one month, to avoid continuous wardeccing by alt corps. Add a safeguard that this can only be accomplished if the defender corp ends the war with a neutral or positive KB (no losses, or less losses than the agressor).

Quote:

Hell, yes. And make it a geometric progression (1x ,2x ,4x ,8x...)Lol

None ofthe Above
#809 - 2012-04-17 21:39:32 UTC
Lady Zarrina wrote:

Almost buy it. Make that a corp wardecced can't be wardecced again for, say, one month, to avoid continuous wardeccing by alt corps. Add a safeguard that this can only be accomplished if the defender corp ends the war with a neutral or positive KB (no losses, or less losses than the agressor).

Quote:

Hell, yes. And make it a geometric progression (1x ,2x ,4x ,8x...)Lol

Hey those are two of the points from my proposal. I had a 1 week no wardec grace period after wars and geometric progression on cost (potentially daily) if not made mutual. (Although discounted by "activity" on the aggressor's part in order to incentivise the aggressor to actually log in and fly rather than scout around on alts.)

So: SUPPORTED

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#810 - 2012-04-17 23:52:34 UTC  |  Edited by: betoli
Grikath wrote:

Quote:

I don't think anyone would suggest that - it's the accumulation of ISK, Skill Points, and additional paid for alts that makes is "unfair". A fair competition is one in which people compete on their skills at the game, not how long they've been playing the game for.

A vet player has a much deeper pocket, and far greater military capability than a new player - and its not through skill or effort.

The bottom line is that if eve was *realistic* there would be little motivation for vets to attack the noobs - they have no assets to mention and present no competition for resources. The only reason this happens is because of an out of game mechanic called killboards and a 'because you can' mentality driven from the serious lack of consequences from the in game mechanics.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#811 - 2012-04-18 01:20:58 UTC
As many posters have pointed out, an older corp usually has several advantages over a younger corp:

- More pilots
- Higher SP pilots
- More PVP experience
- Richer

So, let's face reality:

a) A 10-man PVP corp consisting of 1 year old players will nearly always defeat a 10-man PVP corp consisting of 1 month old players. Even assuming equal FC and pilot skills, the older corp will have more SP/player, can fly and use better ships/fittings, and can afford to lose a lot more ships.

b) For a younger corp, there is just no point to playing, if you have no chance of winning and cannot afford to replace those ships. Needless to say, they probably cannot afford to pay a ransom or hire mercenaries, either.

c) The newer players would not even be able to afford to start a war, under the new pricing scheme. This does not exactly encourage newer corps to want to engage high sec wars, only the older corps.

So, any "fixed" rate wardec pricing scheme, based solely on number of defender corp members, simply isn't likely to work. It will either be too cheap or too expensive, depending on the age/size of the aggressor corp. It is necessary to figure in the age/experience of the members, and the number of members, of the aggressor corp into the pricing scheme, as well.

That said, here's my suggestion:

- If a younger or smaller corp wants to start a war, then the price should be scaled down accordingly.

- If an older or larger corp wants to start a war, the price should be scaled up accordingly.

- If an older or larger corp wardecs a younger or smaller corp, the price should be modified upwards, on an exponential scale. It should be very costly for a 100 member veteran corp to wardec a 2-man noob corp.

- If a younger or smaller corp wardecs an older or larger corp, the price should be modified downwards. I'm sure that the Goons would actually love to be wardecc'ed by a hundred or so small high sec corps.... :)

- The age of a corp should be based on the age of its members, not when the corp was formed. And, not the average age - this is too easily exploited by loading up the corp with new alts. The 'age' value should be more on the order of the sum of the ages of its members, so adding new alts won't tweak the value.

Under this scheme, wardecs should be affordable for younger and smaller corps, while simultaneously making it more costly for older and larger corps to wardec a far inferior target.

Some options:

- An interesting twist would be to add an additional modifier based on the *relative* age/size of the two corps. If the two corps are similar in size and age of members, then the price for the wardec should be reduced. This could encourage wars between comparable corps.

- A portion of the wardec fee could be paid to the defending corp. This might make a reluctant defender more willing to fight, rather than just dock in station, if the wardec fees allows them to recover some PVP losses (note that many younger corps can't really afford to lose endless numbers of ships, esp. if they cannot mine, mission or whatever to make back that ISK during the war).

- Make high sec POSes off-limits for high sec wars. This is one of the major reasons why high sec indy corps don't want to get into a war, anyways - they don't want their POS ops to be disrupted. And, in any case, popping POSes in high sec is even more dull, boring, and painful than in null sec, due to the inability to field dreads.

Remember always, too, that the real end goal is to get more high sec players to *want* to play PVP - rather than *force* them to PVP (which is more likely just to encourage them to quit playing altogether).
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#812 - 2012-04-18 03:28:49 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:

- If a younger or smaller corp wants to start a war, then the price should be scaled down accordingly.

Easily abused.

a) Form corp with 1-day old alt
b) Declare war for cheap since you're "young"
c) Bring in more experienced members to actually prosecute the war
d) Rinse-repeat next week / month
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#813 - 2012-04-18 03:37:19 UTC
Cost scaling is a stupid idea in the first place, regardless of how it scales exactly and in which direction it scales it's a bad concept that will always be abused and however it gets implemented the outcome will be negative.

The only people in highsec who stand to benefit from cost scaling in any way is e-uni who will now be able to maintain a decshield for free.

Let me say it again just to be clear: Cost scaling is a stupid, CCP needs to come up with an isk sink doesn't give people automatic dec shields.
Enkill Eridos
Draconian Enforcers Available To Hire
#814 - 2012-04-18 03:43:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Enkill Eridos
Sizeof Void wrote:
As many posters have pointed out, an older corp usually has several advantages over a younger corp:

- More pilots
- Higher SP pilots
- More PVP experience
- Richer

So, let's face reality:

a) A 10-man PVP corp consisting of 1 year old players will nearly always defeat a 10-man PVP corp consisting of 1 month old players. Even assuming equal FC and pilot skills, the older corp will have more SP/player, can fly and use better ships/fittings, and can afford to lose a lot more ships.

b) For a younger corp, there is just no point to playing, if you have no chance of winning and cannot afford to replace those ships. Needless to say, they probably cannot afford to pay a ransom or hire mercenaries, either.

c) The newer players would not even be able to afford to start a war, under the new pricing scheme. This does not exactly encourage newer corps to want to engage high sec wars, only the older corps.

So, any "fixed" rate wardec pricing scheme, based solely on number of defender corp members, simply isn't likely to work. It will either be too cheap or too expensive, depending on the age/size of the aggressor corp. It is necessary to figure in the age/experience of the members, and the number of members, of the aggressor corp into the pricing scheme, as well.

That said, here's my suggestion:

- If an older or larger corp wants to start a war, the price should be scaled up accordingly.

- If an older or larger corp wardecs a younger or smaller corp, the price should be modified upwards, on an exponential scale. It should be very costly for a 100 member veteran corp to wardec a 2-man noob corp.

- If a younger or smaller corp wardecs an older or larger corp, the price should be modified downwards. I'm sure that the Goons would actually love to be wardecc'ed by a hundred or so small high sec corps.... :)

- The age of a corp should be based on the age of its members, not when the corp was formed. And, not the average age - this is too easily exploited by loading up the corp with new alts. The 'age' value should be more on the order of the sum of the ages of its members, so adding new alts won't tweak the value.

Under this scheme, wardecs should be affordable for younger and smaller corps, while simultaneously making it more costly for older and larger corps to wardec a far inferior target.

Some options:

- An interesting twist would be to add an additional modifier based on the *relative* age/size of the two corps. If the two corps are similar in size and age of members, then the price for the wardec should be reduced. This could encourage wars between comparable corps.

- A portion of the wardec fee could be paid to the defending corp. This might make a reluctant defender more willing to fight, rather than just dock in station, if the wardec fees allows them to recover some PVP losses (note that many younger corps can't really afford to lose endless numbers of ships, esp. if they cannot mine, mission or whatever to make back that ISK during the war).

- Make high sec POSes off-limits for high sec wars. This is one of the major reasons why high sec indy corps don't want to get into a war, anyways - they don't want their POS ops to be disrupted. And, in any case, popping POSes in high sec is even more dull, boring, and painful than in null sec, due to the inability to field dreads.

Remember always, too, that the real end goal is to get more high sec players to *want* to play PVP - rather than *force* them to PVP (which is more likely just to encourage them to quit playing altogether).

1.) If your corp doesn't want to lose a high sec pos they shouldn't have bought it.

2.) I am hurt that you imply that all mercenaries will require an arm and a leg to help a newer corp consisting of primarily noobs. When this system comes out, my corp will take contracts (provided we are not in another null sec alliance that is scared of high sec wars) based on how much you can pay. Of course it will be assumed you can take care of the loss bill after the war is done and your carebearing can resume. Just me doing that makes your well thought out and articulate points on what smaller and younger corps can do kind of moot.

3. (obviously directed towards CCP not the guy I am quoting.) Will the mercenary marketplace one day provide contracts that allow the transfer of kill rights instead of just war dec's? (i know a little off topic, but still It is important to me to ask.)

Are you a miner/mission runner that is tired of being ganked? Do you want to play EVE and never PVP, but you have a list of players that is stopping you from doing that? Don't QQ pay someone to do your PEW PEW for you. Now offering reasonable rates. EVE mail me for more details.

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#815 - 2012-04-18 05:57:14 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

Let me say it again just to be clear: Cost scaling is a stupid, CCP needs to come up with an isk sink doesn't give people automatic dec shields.

Yes, wars are not the place to put an arbitrary ISK sink.

Some good Alternatives for ISK sinks:

Massively increase NPC corp tax
Remove Insurance for everyone

Better yet hit the faucets that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Remove Incursions from High Sec, or remove CONCORD from Incursion systems.
Remove lvl 4 Missions from High Sec or tie them into FW somehow.
Remove Local Intel from Null, to make it risky to farm out there.

betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#816 - 2012-04-18 07:11:29 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Sizeof Void wrote:

Easily abused.

c) Bring in more experienced members to actually prosecute the war

thats easily fixed.
Nice Claran
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#817 - 2012-04-18 08:48:48 UTC
I'm not necessarily against the proposed war dec system. Small indi corps who do no want to be forced into pvp could use a little extra love though.

Two points:
1) It should be a viable choice to refrain from pvp. The sandbox should allow people to stay away from pvp. Forcing them into npc corps is basicly the same as canceling their subscription in the long run. Bad option CCP.

2) It should also be a viable choice to war dec small indi corps. The sandbox should allow people to pvp in any way they want.

Proposal (only applies to high sec):

Give small indi corps that really do not want to spend their time learning pvp the tools to make war deccing them unattractive:

• A well designed Merc corp interface is an option. Plenty people would sign up to Merc corps that would grief the griefers. Design an interface that makes it easy to find these people.
  • Give defenders in a war dec the option the hire npc protection, i.e. concord or local police. Make the cost scale to the size of the defender corp. Make it so that 1000+ alliances rather lose a freighter than pay the bill for npc protection. It also adds an extra isk sink if you ever wanted an extra one.

Just my two cents

betoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#818 - 2012-04-18 09:10:03 UTC
There more I think about it, the more the two objectives of allowing structured unconsensual PVP and providing some kind of respite for newer corps to retain subscribers can't really be achieved without some kind of sandbox breaking mechanic. I think everyone just has to get over that and decide how much they are prepared to sacrifice.

Perhaps this discussion is too narrow in focus in considering how sandboxy tweaks are focussed. My take is that the game should be enjoyable for all play styles, but the risk/reward balance should always be right. If someone wants limited immunity from unconsensual PVP they should sacrifice something significant- so a mechanic banning conflicts in 0.9/1.0 (whilst moving all L4's and maybe L3's and other big isk fountains out) might provide a different kind of approach....
Grikath
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#819 - 2012-04-18 12:49:37 UTC
You were willing to be forced to learn combat PvP. I am not. And if I am in the wrong game, then CCP should be clear about it and remove everything not related to combat PvP, call their game "blow spaceships online" and market it to the appropiate target.

Ooohhh classic entitlementalism in action...Roll

Why should CCP have to do anything, especially since all your posts prove you are a classic case of "want to have my cake and eat it" ?

Your corp exists, as it clearly states, to avoid NPC taxes. You are, however, not willing to pay the price that comes with this in the form of player interaction you find unwelcome, and complain about the "lack of consideration" from CCP and others who clearly see this.

So yes, you are indeed in the wrong game. Stop trying to blame everyone else for the mistake you made and leave, or man up, and accept the risks that come with the rewards.

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#820 - 2012-04-18 13:03:46 UTC

Accepting a mission in hi-sec is the *only* non-competitive thing in eve. Wait until the drone poo / meta 0 nerf go in. Mining will be come profitable again - and there *will* be competition for 'roids. There is going to be increased competition for research / invention / production capability.

You may not want to engage in pvp combat, but you take part in pvp every day, on the market, in the roids, and in your research pos's.......
Wikipedia wrote:
Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.

PVP does *not* have to mean "combat" only....

So you *have* learned to pvp, just not with guns yet.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.