These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Option to delete skills

Author
Kelly Kavanagh
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-04-16 22:43:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelly Kavanagh
I could leave station in my pod without a clone and venture into low or null sec and get podded over and over but I sometimes get kicked for doing that. Not sure why but if it's against the game rules, fine, at least give us the option to delete the skills we don't want.
Black Dranzer
#2 - 2012-04-16 22:52:45 UTC
Why would you want to delete your skills? It's not like you have a limit.
Kelly Kavanagh
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-04-16 22:55:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelly Kavanagh
Because I don't need them and I don't need to see them in my skill sheet.

They're just in the way, they clutter the interface, which is cluttered enough.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-04-17 00:29:02 UTC
Idea has been suggested many times before. Do a search next time.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-04-17 09:33:53 UTC
Kelly Kavanagh wrote:
Because I don't need them and I don't need to see them in my skill sheet.

They're just in the way, they clutter the interface, which is cluttered enough.


Just because you have OCD doesn't mean the game should change to give you a cheaper clone.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#6 - 2012-04-17 10:03:43 UTC
OP, Y U NO SEARCH FUNCTION?!

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#7 - 2012-04-17 13:13:05 UTC
yeah, deleting skills would be useful sometimes.

I've got those ******* processing skills at lvl 0 on my carrier toon, or mining 1 on my pvp toon. Would love to get rid of them.
killorbekilled TBE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-04-17 19:02:51 UTC  |  Edited by: killorbekilled TBE
this is a good idea

it could be put down to skill fade forgetting skills over time is a realistic concept

disclaimer: i am in no way suggesting recycling deleted skills into new ones

:)

Kelly Kavanagh
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-04-17 19:23:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelly Kavanagh
Danika Princip wrote:

Just because you have OCD doesn't mean the game should change to give you a cheaper clone.


I think it does.
Herold Oldtimer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-04-17 21:28:22 UTC
So you delete a skill, but somewhere down the line you figure out that you want to do something different than you do now. And the skill you deleted is one of the prerequiered skills do do this. What then? Do you plan on then buying the skillbook again and train it from scratch?

Well I guess that you can say then, with definitive certainty, that you have wasted gametime. Since you have to train a skill twice.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-04-17 21:42:47 UTC
Kelly Kavanagh wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

Just because you have OCD doesn't mean the game should change to give you a cheaper clone.


I think it does.


Why do you deserve a cheaper clone?
Janet Patton
Brony Express
#12 - 2012-04-18 07:01:29 UTC
If I want to waste time, and train a skill twice I should be able to do that!

It's my time, and only gives you the advantage against us who decide to do that. So I do not see the problem with this.

Why do I have this sig? I don't smoke.

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#13 - 2012-04-18 10:41:52 UTC
Being unable to delete skills is one more feature that supports Eve way of keeping you accountable for your actions. Deal with it or rage quit like a baby.

Invalid signature format

Kelly Kavanagh
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-04-18 22:41:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelly Kavanagh
Herold Oldtimer wrote:

So you delete a skill, but somewhere down the line you figure out that you want to do something different than you do now. And the skill you deleted is one of the prerequiered skills do do this. What then? Do you plan on then buying the skillbook again and train it from scratch?

Yes.

Herold Oldtimer wrote:

Well I guess that you can say then, with definitive certainty, that you have wasted gametime. Since you have to train a skill twice.

All the skills I need are trained to level four or five. The rest are not much of a loss.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#15 - 2012-04-18 23:53:00 UTC

I personally don't give a rats ass if you want to delete skills.... be my guest....

At the same time, I'm EXTREMELY paranoid that if a hacker hacks your account, deleting a character's skillset would be an evil, evil, evil way to **** them beyond just taking their stuff...

If CCP implements a delete skills toolset, I'd request a 2-4 week processing time before the skills you asked to get deleted are finally deleted.. Additionally, every DT, it should send you an eve-mail listing the skills your about to delete, and the date they will be deleted.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#16 - 2012-04-19 00:30:04 UTC
Quote:
Being unable to delete skills is one more feature that supports Eve way of keeping you accountable for your actions. Deal with it or rage quit like a baby.


This has to be a new low for F&I.

Your argument is that making a part of the interface easier on the eyes would make EVE too easy? As if EVE should intentionally have a cluttered, ****** interface?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#17 - 2012-04-19 00:37:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Being unable to delete skills is one more feature that supports Eve way of keeping you accountable for your actions. Deal with it or rage quit like a baby.
I have mining and industry at level one. They were in my head when I created the char. I didn't want them and have never needed them.

Pray tell what actions I could have taken to avoid them, at the time?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-04-19 00:55:21 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

I personally don't give a rats ass if you want to delete skills.... be my guest....

At the same time, I'm EXTREMELY paranoid that if a hacker hacks your account, deleting a character's skillset would be an evil, evil, evil way to **** them beyond just taking their stuff...

If CCP implements a delete skills toolset, I'd request a 2-4 week processing time before the skills you asked to get deleted are finally deleted.. Additionally, every DT, it should send you an eve-mail listing the skills your about to delete, and the date they will be deleted.

If you have access to someones account you can currently remove their skills as much as you like. Just get podded repeatedly in an alpha clone. This wouldn't really change that except make it slightly easier.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#19 - 2012-04-19 06:30:26 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Quote:
Being unable to delete skills is one more feature that supports Eve way of keeping you accountable for your actions. Deal with it or rage quit like a baby.


This has to be a new low for F&I.

Your argument is that making a part of the interface easier on the eyes would make EVE too easy? As if EVE should intentionally have a cluttered, ****** interface?


Delete option for skills won't make UI easier for eyes, it would only clean up a list of records that is displayed by that UI. Skills are data, buttons/windows/scroll bars and such are UI. If you want to criticize somebody's statement at least make sure you know what statement is about.

Invalid signature format

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#20 - 2012-04-19 06:40:16 UTC
You're being pedantic. The skill list is part of the interface. Whether you consider the skills themselves 'part' of the UI or not is pointless and doesn't change my point in the slightest.
12Next page