These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dedicated ''You are target Alarm''

Author
0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#1 - 2012-04-16 19:55:10 UTC
Can we have a targeting alarm to supplement ''yellow boxing white crossing visual'', currently you have to have 'auto target back one' to have an audio warning. Auto target back has a few problems such as if target is out of your range you won't get any audio untill you either getting smashed by weapons or your going into armor.

If I'm missing something really obvious here and this audio is allready avalible please rip the **** while including how I activate this warning.
SigmaPi
Ambivalent Inc
Coney Island Ski Club
#2 - 2012-04-16 20:03:28 UTC
Couldn't you just pay attention? It's pretty obvious when someone is targeting you or shooting at you.
Katalci
Kismesis
#3 - 2012-04-16 20:19:44 UTC
SigmaPi wrote:
Couldn't you just pay attention? It's pretty obvious when someone is targeting you or shooting at you.

0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#4 - 2012-04-16 20:27:13 UTC
SigmaPi wrote:

So no need in any other alarms then?

Go away Troll.
Pulgy
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-04-16 20:38:57 UTC
No.
No range? No problem!   Join the Church of the Holy Blaster™ . A Hybrid religion.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-04-16 20:48:02 UTC
some other kind of cool alert would be nice tbh. Maybe have the edges of your screen blink yellow/red??
Tabernack en Chasteaux
Phoibe Enterprises
#7 - 2012-04-16 21:04:03 UTC
Let's just implement Deadly Boss Mods while we're at it.
sYnc Vir
Wolfsbrigade
Ghost Legion.
#8 - 2012-04-16 21:34:35 UTC
Game already has warnings about being targeted. You can either look at your overview or slap auto targeting back on.

Don't ask about Italics, just tilt your head.

Netrome
#9 - 2012-04-16 22:51:17 UTC
Would be a pretty cool Idea would be helpful if you werent paying attention I know the hp ones have saved me a few times while watching tv ratting. I think It would get to be a bit ridiculous if you were in a full blown fleet.
Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#10 - 2012-04-16 23:16:11 UTC
The HP warnings are great... my fiance thinks its hilarious as I go tearing through the house at warp speed cause of a blaring alarm...

Not much help in PvP/ganking though... and if your watching TV or grabbing a beer while not in a safe then its your own fault your in a new clone...

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#11 - 2012-04-16 23:44:13 UTC  |  Edited by: 0Lona 0ltor
Fully customisable alert systems would be a nice feature but obv not a priority. For example when your buffer armor tanking do you really need a low shield warning? Would be nice to deactivate.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#12 - 2012-04-16 23:48:32 UTC
a cow bell for every target. Large bells for large targets

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Jorma Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-04-17 01:08:36 UTC
Hey here's an idea... if you turn the sound on you can hear the noise for being targetted. Now if that's a group of catalysts or a tornado who's doing it, it's not up to CCP to give you a warning when you alt-tab out and aren't paying attention to your surrounding Dscan or local.
Tikktokk Tokkzikk
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#14 - 2012-04-17 02:47:42 UTC
0Lona 0ltor wrote:
Fully customisable alert systems would be a nice feature but obv not a priority. For example when your buffer armor tanking do you really need a low shield warning? Would be nice to deactivate.

You can turn off and/or adjust the low shield/armor/hull alert.
there is 4 small lines that kinda look like = in the low right corner of the HUD that you can right-click.
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#15 - 2012-04-17 04:23:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
I'd like something like the Gundam alert. If possible, even ask Capcom if we could use the same sound. Pure awesome.

Right now, I'd like a way to make my ship sounds NOT dissapear just because I zoomed out.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Jamradar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-04-17 05:06:55 UTC
I agree, OP. I also think we need a "someone's on same field as me alert", like maybe if the game bleeps a loud sound to tell me when other players are on field, cause when I'm pvp'ing, last thing I need is trying to notice if other people just got on field, it's crazy!
Mr Morita
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2012-04-17 06:05:01 UTC
0Lona 0ltor wrote:
SigmaPi wrote:

Go away Troll.

Morphing into an egg is a p. good alarm to be fair.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-04-17 06:21:48 UTC
Mr Morita wrote:
0Lona 0ltor wrote:
SigmaPi wrote:

Go away Troll.

Morphing into an egg is a p. good alarm to be fair.

So is 'BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'. Props to CCP for making a sound that makes me soil my pants.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Xioden Acap
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-04-17 07:53:33 UTC
Wait what? Eve has sound!?
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#20 - 2012-04-17 08:41:33 UTC
Xioden Acap wrote:
Wait what? Eve has sound!?

That got fixed years ago but feel free to run old unfunny jokes into the ground.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

12Next page