These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

50+ hours of mining required for a Hulk to pay for itself

Author
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1 - 2012-04-16 20:47:48 UTC
Compared to mining Pyroxers in a covetor. You pull about an extra 5 mil an hour in the hulk (ll 5's) compared to a covetor.

That.s a lot of mining.

So when you get in your Hulk and get ganked for hulkogheddon don't say Uncle Cipher didn't warn you.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-04-16 20:49:28 UTC
wut

I have more space likes than you. 

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-04-16 20:52:07 UTC
which is why if i ever mined it would be in a covetor.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-04-16 20:52:49 UTC
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#5 - 2012-04-16 20:53:16 UTC
…so a few days at the most, if the average hulk-whiner is to be believed. Blink
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-04-16 20:58:43 UTC
i dunno i only mine arkonor
Subdolus Venator
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-04-16 21:00:25 UTC
What's with all the Covertor luv / Hulk hate..?

And really, WHY do people keep bringing this up? WHO CARES?!
Mostly, no one cares.

Go away.

EVE is EVE - Feaces will eventuate.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-04-16 21:00:31 UTC
Did you know it also takes time for PVP ships to "pay" for themselves?

If you lose a pvp ship without killing more than it's value in ISK, you lost out.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

velox
Silver Guardians
#9 - 2012-04-16 21:01:34 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Compared to mining Pyroxers in a covetor. You pull about an extra 5 mil an hour in the hulk (ll 5's) compared to a covetor.

That.s a lot of mining.

So when you get in your Hulk and get ganked for hulkogheddon don't say Uncle Cipher didn't warn you.

I don't quite understand your point but would say your 50 hours are off.

At the moment a can of veldspar is worth about 7 mill isk putting it above kernite in value per can. It's been a long time since I mined in a hulk with fleet/orca bonuses but when I did I'm pretty sure I was pullling at least 4 cans an hour.

Let's assume I'm wrong and it was 3 cans that's 21 mill an hour and your hulk is paid for in around 16 hours and if I'm right 4 cans an hour gives you 28 mill and the hulk is paid for in about 12 hours.

Either of those is no where near your over exaggerated 50 hours..

V.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#10 - 2012-04-16 21:15:33 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
i dunno i only mine arkonor

ABC ores are the only ores to mine.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Cipher Jones
#11 - 2012-04-16 21:28:56 UTC
velox wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

That.s a lot of mining.

At the moment a can of veldspar is worth about 7 mill isk putting it above kernite in value per can. It's been a long time since I mined in a hulk with fleet/orca bonuses but when I did I'm pretty sure I was pullling at least 4 cans an hour.

Let's assume I'm wrong and it was 3 cans that's 21 mill an hour and your hulk is paid for in around 16 hours and if I'm right 4 cans an hour gives you 28 mill and the hulk is paid for in about 12 hours.

V.

I am comparing mining pyroxers in a hulk with all 5's to a covetor with all 5's. Pyroxers are currently the best hisec belt roids (not anomaly/plex). You make aprox. 5.2 mil an hour more in a hulk than a covetor.

If you switched from an all 5 covetor to an all 5 hulk, it would take you 50+ hours to make the price difference.

Turns out it wasnt exaggerated at all.

Just putting the information out there for all the miners and gankers.

The miners so they can protect their wallets (they wont), and the gankers so they can enjoy the tears more.

Because knowing is 1/2 the battle.

G.I. Joe!

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Cipher Jones
#12 - 2012-04-16 21:36:46 UTC
Subdolus Venator wrote:
What's with all the Covertor luv / Hulk hate..?

And really, WHY do people keep bringing this up? WHO CARES?!
Mostly, no one cares.

Go away.

Clearly everyone who replies cares deeply, or they would not reply.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-04-16 21:56:28 UTC
Back in my day a Hulk cost 500m isk Shocked

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Whitehound
#14 - 2012-04-16 22:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Whitehound
velox wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

That.s a lot of mining.

V.

The number is right. Last night did we mine 3 belts with 9 miners and pulled in 514m ISKs worth of ore or on average 11m ISK/h. We used two orcas, one for holding the other for hauling, several Hulks, two Covetors, one Retriever. A fully fitted Hulk, which includes T2 rigs, costs you 500m ISKs.

You need to include the time to haul the ore and you cannot just take the numbers of your strip miners and ignore the rest of the work. Nor can you cherry-pick a belt for pyroxeres or you will have to move from belt to belt and search where there is some left. And cans do not work with all the can flippers. You then need to move it all to Jita or sell it for less locally.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#15 - 2012-04-16 22:10:30 UTC
My Mining Rokh is Ungankable.
Because of 200K EHPPirate

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-04-16 22:25:49 UTC
50 hours to replace a hulk, 5 minutes to replace a destroyer and the only thing that makes it longer is the 15 minute GCC window (you cannot dock, reship, and then undock expecting to warp off - ANY ship you jump into during GCC cannot warp and gets station gunned to death). so yeah, good reason that the hulk could use a buff since its more investment to replace then a destroyer but blows up even fast then it takes to replace a destroyer.

But who cares, lets just leave it as is and party like its 1999 until the end of the year. Burn those mining vessels and don't let any miner near an asteroid.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#17 - 2012-04-16 22:28:21 UTC
Took me only 5 minutes to make up for it.

Mine was free (for me at least... not for the guy who lost it).

2 years and haven't lost it yet so...
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-04-16 22:32:31 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
50 hours to replace a hulk, 5 minutes to replace a destroyer and the only thing that makes it longer is the 15 minute GCC window (you cannot dock, reship, and then undock expecting to warp off - ANY ship you jump into during GCC cannot warp and gets station gunned to death). so yeah, good reason that the hulk could use a buff since its more investment to replace then a destroyer but blows up even fast then it takes to replace a destroyer.

lol fit tanking mods to your hulk next time dumbass
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#19 - 2012-04-16 22:37:51 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Aqriue wrote:

lol fit tanking mods to your hulk next time dumbass

Or mine aligned. Problems solved.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2012-04-16 22:40:06 UTC
listening to a guy whine about how a destroyer suicided his hulk is like listening to a guy complain about how it's the belt manufacturer's fault he crapped his own pants.
123Next pageLast page